Vlad/Lithuanian FA/Kaunas [MERGED THREADS]

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Romanov-at-centre-of-Lithuania.5081595.jp

Sounds like the same grievances he airs over here, to be honest, about dodgy refs, corrupt officials and the 'mafia' (perhaps we can take that more literary in Lithuania, or perhaps not).

I dunno, maybe he is throwing the toys out, but it's good that someone stands up against the old boys' network in whichever country they find it. Wouldn't want to hear him say that Hearts could "shrink away" from Scottish football, though!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Romanov-at-centre-of-Lithuania.5081595.jp

Sounds like the same grievances he airs over here, to be honest, about dodgy refs, corrupt officials and the 'mafia' (perhaps we can take that more literary in Lithuania, or perhaps not).

I dunno, maybe he is throwing the toys out, but it's good that someone stands up against the old boys' network in whichever country they find it. Wouldn't want to hear him say that Hearts could "shrink away" from Scottish football, though!

The only thing in need of a "shrink" is Vlad himself.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He sounds like he's actually insane now.

Most of us are blinkered by the fact he owns Hearts. If half of the stuff he comes out with was attributed to absolutely anybody else, in any walk of life, we would all think that person was genuinely in need of help.

Good luck to the mad old b'stard though. Hope to feck he doesn't get too bored with Kaunas and decide to spend more time on us.

Guest GhostHunter
"I am tired of the intrigue and hypocrisy. I am not interested in this kind of football."

That'll be that then.

I feel sorry for LV, having to deal with someone who is now, quite evidently, barking mad. To roll up at a meeting that he wasn't invited to, and demand to speak, is a sandwich short of a picnic.

This gander is goosed.

MadProf012006.jpg

Charlie-Brown

Given the huge amounts of money involved within football and also the massive sports betting industry centred around football then the history of various incidents & scandals suggests that football is quite easily 'corruptable' and whether it is players fixing maches, match officials fixing matches, clubs influencing the allocation of match officials, bribes, bungs, frauds, transfer fee irregularities including players, agents, club officials etc - we know all these things go on the only question is how widespread are they? Are the 'scandals' isolated incidents or the tip of the iceberg?

Charlie-Brown
That'll be that then.

I feel sorry for LV, having to deal with someone who is now, quite evidently, barking mad. To roll up at a meeting that he wasn't invited to, and demand to speak, is a sandwich short of a picnic.

This gander is goosed.

Dex,

Romanov has been a major financier & sponsor of Lithuanian football for at least a decade and LV got his position with the Federation after a scandal involving the previous President who'd defrauded them and Romanov help to bail them out and make good the deficit, corruptions do occur -the question is do any currently exist? With regards to Lithuanian football or Eastern European football I'm not sure there's too many of JKB could answer that.

The history of football scandals seems to show that Football Association seem to follow a 3 stage pattern

1) Vehemently deny any suggestion of corruption in their game.

If further proof or accusations continue forcing them to act

2) Say there might be some corrupt individuals but they will investigate however any corruption is unproven.

Depending on there being enough proof to find guilty or not proven

3a) Yes there was some corrupt individuals but we've rooted them out, punished them and we have every confidence our football is clean.

3b) There is not enough evidence to support these allegations and we are not pursuing this matter any further.

Given the huge amounts of money involved within football and also the massive sports betting industry centred around football then the history of various incidents & scandals suggests that football is quite easily 'corruptable' and whether it is players fixing maches, match officials fixing matches, clubs influencing the allocation of match officials, bribes, bungs, frauds, transfer fee irregularities including players, agents, club officials etc - we know all these things go on the only question is how widespread are they? Are the 'scandals' isolated incidents or the tip of the iceberg?

One of course has to remember in all this that Scottish Football is "probably" the only country where corruption in football does not exist. Well according to the SFA and the media et. all.

Being a good honest Scottish laddie I of course believe this completely without feeling the need to question any of the powers that be.

Makes me pwoud wery pwoud to be Scottish don't you know.

The real worry for me is with all these johnny foreigners coming into our country and trying to corrupt our "squeaky clean, upstanding, honest, etc. etc." football establishment. Barstewards the lot of them.

If I had my way I would deliberately target all of these corrupt foreigners and make life so hard for them that they cannot and will not be allowed to succeed in the Scottish game.

I perhaps stand alone on this as the SFA and the rest of the establishment would never stoop so low as me.

If that Russian Lithuanian type "idiot" ( to quote a good Scottish laddie) is allowed to continue in our dear country then it will signal the end of our game as we know it by bringing corruption and general foreignness into our no xenephobic and lovely multicultural society where no bigotry racism or any other not very nice behaviour now exists. It was stamped out decades ago don't you know.

Yes, when one individual controls or influences 3 of the 8 teams in a league as well as employing the head of the Federation it would seem likely that corruption and mafia is possible.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes, when one individual controls or influences 3 of the 8 teams in a league as well as employing the head of the Federation it would seem likely that corruption and mafia is possible.

Indeed. I'm sure if the head of the Scottish FA was employed by David Murray, people would be going mental about it.

Yet that was the position in Lithuania, with the head of the Lithuanian FA working for UBIG.

Guest GhostHunter
Indeed. I'm sure if the head of the Scottish FA was employed by David Murray, people would be going mental about it.

Yet that was the position in Lithuania, with the head of the Lithuanian FA working for UBIG.

And, now he doesnt.

Your point caller ?

And, now he doesnt.

Your point caller ?

Yes it is good to see that Vlad is clearing up the potential for corruption :biglaugh:

Guest JamboRobbo
And, now he doesnt.

Your point caller ?

My point is, I'm sure if the head of the Scottish FA was employed by David Murray, people would be going mental about it.

Not sure what part of that you're having trouble with, or how it can be put any differently?

Guest GhostHunter
My point is, I'm sure if the head of the Scottish FA was employed by David Murray, people would be going mental about it.

Not sure what part of that you're having trouble with, or how it can be put any differently?

I thought Gordhun Smith was "employed" by SDM

:sunny:

PresidentRomanov
I thought Gordhun Smith was "employed" by SDM

:sunny:

Over to you JR :sunny:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

All the while "Vlad the mad" is peshing aroond in his adopted homeland means the less time he will be spending over here peshing aroond with the Hearts.

As he can't run for the Political President perhaps he fancies running for the President of the LithLeague of fitbaw.

As far away as poss is ok by me.

Mad ramblings at the Fa in Lithuania and mad rantings at the FA in Scotland, and our mad owner is the common denominator. Why do we put up with all his nonsense, still if he's caught up in spouting more utter garbage in Lithuania hopefully it will keep the mad destroyer away from Tynie, after all we're still after a full season with one head coach, and it's taken 4 seasons thus far. Csaba watch out the lunatic is madder than ever and you've just lost to our biggest rivals still hopefully he'll ramble on madly how it was the OFs fault or the refereees fault or the mafias fault and not blame Csaba otherwise his next mad mad mad mad mad mad rant in Scotland might spell the end of Csaba, mad vlad is mad enough to to do something this mad

Vlad has gone completely mad.

There is corruption in Lithuanian football but strangely enough most of it was pointed towards Vlad himself, since the Lithuanian federation president works for his bank, and for the past few years the top league had an unofficial Kaunas feeder club (having two clubs is not allowed so he financed it through is bank), and another club who had UBIG among sponsors.

So it's quite hipocritical from him. And some of the accusations he's making are ridiculous anyway.

There is corruption in Lithuanian football but strangely enough most of it was pointed towards Vlad himself, since the Lithuanian federation president works for his bank, and for the past few years the top league had an unofficial Kaunas feeder club (having two clubs is not allowed so he financed it through is bank), and another club who had UBIG among sponsors.

So it's quite hipocritical from him. And some of the accusations he's making are ridiculous anyway.

No, they are all out to get him ...:biglaugh:

Guest GhostHunter

Agreed.

The words, nail, final, coffin and in spring to mind with me.

M)

Drylaw Hearts

At least he's consistent.

Dr. Bapswent

Im not sure why wanting fairness and transparency in football is considered mad.

Sounds rather reasonable to me.

But then any excuse to have a go eh.

Drylaw Hearts
Im not sure why wanting fairness and transparency in football is considered mad.

Sounds rather reasonable to me.

But then any excuse to have a go eh.

Do you think it's fair VR controls 3 teams in the Lithuanian League ?

Dr. Bapswent

I didnt refer to that at all.

Of course he does, the Doc thinks that all Vlad does is reasonable and fair and sensible and right and sane etc etc etc, while thankfully the majority question his rather mad ramblings

Dr. Bapswent
Of course he does, the Doc thinks that all Vlad does is reasonable and fair and sensible and right and sane etc etc etc, while thankfully the majority question his rather mad ramblings

Aye, well done.

can we not just all agree to sign up to a general agreement that vlad likes to spout a lot of pish every now and then and that he is both bad and mad, and should not really be taken seriously?

it would save an awful lot of trouble you know.

all in agreement say the magic word.... monkeys.

Of course football is corruptable. We're no strangers to dodgy transfer dealings ourselves. Velicka to Ibronx via Norway, anyone? Registration fees? :29:

It is definately possible that Rangers used Viking to get Velicka the same way as they used Wigan to get Webster. Rangers have conducted business with Viking previously and if Vlad refused to sell Velicka to Rangers then they would obviously repeat what worked for them the previous time. At least we got what we believed he was worth this time and if Viking made a bit of profit on him then good because the inflated cost to Rangers can only be good for us...

FWIW I don?t think Vlad is mad. He is certainly eccentric and probably egotistical to his own detriment, but he is not mad.

He doesn't really control three though, does he?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The guy is insane. A paranoid freak show.

Thank **** he is going radge over in Lithuania and not bothering us, although I'm sure he will be back soon. I can feel something brewing.

What he needs is to spend time on that wee beach with his chinos rolled up reading poetry like the good old days.

Drylaw Hearts
He doesn't really control three though, does he?

From Post #24

....and for the past few years the top league had an unofficial Kaunas feeder club (having two clubs is not allowed so he financed it through is bank), and another club who had UBIG among sponsors.

I also think VR has a Club or 2 in a lower Division that he has an 'interest' in.

The guy is insane. A paranoid freak show.

Thank **** he is going radge over in Lithuania and not bothering us, although I'm sure he will be back soon. I can feel something brewing.

What he needs is to spend time on that wee beach with his chinos rolled up reading poetry like the good old days.

was he not once reported to have held an impromptu meditation session in some woods on his way back to edinburgh after a match at ICT? sure i read once that he got the driver to stop and he went scampering away into the woods, made a camp fire and sat down to converse with whichever higher spiritual entity makes him do the things he does.

either that or he simply went romping off into the forest to have a slash.

From Post #24

I also think VR has a Club or 2 in a lower Division that he has an 'interest' in.

Influence is one thing, control is another.

I'm not sticking up for him, if this situation is exactly as it sounds then giving him the benefit of the doubt would involve knowing a whole lot more about what happened. And I don't.

It's not the first time he's muttered about mafia-esque things and perhaps the difference is that he might think that thanks to his greater level of influence upon the Lithuanian league than the SPL, he might stand a greater chance of doing something about it. God knows what it is that he wants to do something about though...

Can any Lithuanian posters give us the lowdown?

Drylaw Hearts
Influence is one thing, control is another.

I'm not sticking up for him, if this situation is exactly as it sounds then giving him the benefit of the doubt would involve knowing a whole lot more about what happened. And I don't.

It's not the first time he's muttered about mafia-esque things and perhaps the difference is that he might think that thanks to his greater level of influence upon the Lithuanian league than the SPL, he might stand a greater chance of doing something about it. God knows what it is that he wants to do something about though...

IIRC....VR doesn't actually hold any official position at Hearts or FBK yet he is without doubt the man who controls just about every major decision made at either club.

I would hazard a guess that it's the same situation at these other Clubs.

Ryan Gosling

When Varanavicius walks away, you know there is a massive problem. I believe he was a huge factor in us getting a manager.

When Varanavicius walks away, you know there is a massive problem. I believe he was a huge factor in us getting a manager.

Oh good...

:unsure:

shaun.lawson

Oh Charlie, for God's sake. Last summer, Romanov gave an interview to the BBC in which he blamed the 'mafia' for Hearts' failings, as well as his inability to get work on the new stand started. Not a word about Lithuanian football, because Kaunas were still Champions. Then Kaunas lose the title - and oh look: it's a mafia controlling things in Lithuania too.

No matter what happens, it's always someone else's fault where he's concerned. The man is an absolute disgrace, and if he owned any club other than Hearts, we'd all be saying so too. I don't think he's mad, by the way: I do think he's under colossal pressure because of world events. Curiously enough, we're probably benefiting from them: in my opinion, these events have led him to demand we become self-sufficient at once, and there will be no more bail outs from UBIG. But at the same time, his ego will ensure we ultimately come to no harm: leaving us in the **** would mean he lost face, which he just couldn't allow to happen.

Source for all this? Just my opinion. I've remarked before on how lucky I think Romanov invariably is - and in the long run, I think Hearts will benefit from his luck too. I'm also convinced we owe a debt of thanks to Campbell Ogilvie and David Southern, who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure we'll be fine.

Guest GhostHunter

Correct.

It's a huge problem, because on the back of him leaving the Ubig group, more WILL follow.

I'd put money on Fedetovas being next, followed ultimately by CO.

People are missing the point here - LV was the main stabilising influence within the club, albeit by not actually being here, without him, we'd have been playing in Kaunas colours and the player pool vastly increased by LIthuanians. LV was the man who VR (used) to listen to - and one of only 2 who could actually talk VR into/out of things.

This is not good.

LV - Good Guy

VR - W@nk

Correct.

It's a huge problem, because on the back of him leaving the Ubig group, more WILL follow.

I'd put money on Fedetovas being next, followed ultimately by CO.

People are missing the point here - LV was the main stabilising influence within the club, albeit by not actually being here, without him, we'd have been playing in Kaunas colours and the player pool vastly increased by LIthuanians. LV was the man who VR (used) to listen to - and one of only 2 who could actually talk VR into/out of things.

This is not good.

LV - Good Guy

VR - W@nk

Wasn't he one of the people who connived in the sacking of Burley?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We've had Lithuanian input in post 24. The poster called Vlad "completely mad", suggested corruption in Lithuanian football was centred around Romanov himself, and called him a hypocrite.

Archived