Sense from the hobos

gogsfaesydney

That must be the first and only thread on a hibs board that I actually wanted to join in on! These guys cant be true Hibs fans speaking like this, they are making too much sense!!!!!!!!!

Never lost interest in football, never will.

No matter how bad Hearts ever got, I couldn't turn my back on them.

Maybe it's easier to have that train of thought if you have to watch the Hibs - just a thought.

portobellojambo1
Thought this was quite intresting. Quite sensible from the hobos for a change.

Hope done the link right

:biglaugh:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=145215

A very interesting thread, and a hell of a lot of it I agree with. The impression being given out by football in general at this time is not unique to those posting on that thread, i.e. Hibs fans, but covers all clubs.

The dynamics surrounding football are changing dramatically, the game itself has not changed per se, i.e. it is still played on the same size of pitch with the same number of players, but money, be it the need to make money or the players huge greed for earning hugely inflated salaries, is changing the nature of the game, in as much as those who go to watch. It is no longer a working class sport, an outlet for your average punter on a Saturday after a hard working week, if profit levels and players salary demands continue to increase inevitably prices, both tickets and other matchday bits and pieces, will continue to increase, and fans will drift away, possibly never to be replaced.

Archived