Madjid Bougherra (NHC)

speedbump

Newcastle want to sign Madjid Bougherra, didn't they learn a lesson from the last time they bought an overrated centre half from Rangers:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Source, Sky Sports News.

The Comedian

Newcastle never get it do they. Their transfer record is abysmal and they will never get a bargain. That Bougherra Is honking anaw, so they will bid 22 million then.

Their Championship team is building nicely. I see they've recently handed new contracts to Shola and Carroll as well! I'll be very impressed if they manage to stay up.

Watched Barcelona toy with Lyon the other evening, and Boumsong reminded me of how slowly the season is turning.

Still, he has been rated by some good managers, so he must have had ability.

$ilvery_Moon

Newcastle are a shadow of the side they once were. Compared to what they have currently at the back I think Madjid would fit in and play regularly. Bougherra is a better footballer than most midfielders in the SPL but his defending ability and decision making were sometimes questionable as a youngster. Good, talented player, who has improved a lot and who IMO is playing beneath himself at the moment. I think he could make the step up to a bottom tier EPL club like Newcastle.

Not seen much in the press, perhaps surprisingly, but the BBC commentator was certainly bigging him up against the Accies ?

"what a find he's been ..............blah blah"

I just came out of nowhere and makes you wonder, given that he's just one of the Ibrox faceless thousands, if SDM has asked for the Weegie jungle drums to get beating and drum up some interest in the boy ?

Archived