Tullberg set for shock Hibs return(merged)

Ryan Gosling

Derby hero or villain?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Derby hero or villain?

• DeVries
    • Beniussis

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont think anyone else has said this yet....

Welcome back, Mike. Hope you do well. Must have been a frustrating year for you. Now lets bang in a few goals for us eh!!!!!

It's good to have him back. He might be just what we need for the big push for Europe and 3rd place. He seems to be eager to get going.

Gets back in Edinburgh tomorrow, before leaving the airport he breaks his legs, then off to Denmark for another 3 months.

No thankyou

Nade and Bruno!!!:qqb003:

Its funny to see folk wi their wee sarcastic digs about Tullberg cos folk didnae get made to look foolish by the whole Obua saga, did they?

Obua is still mince, one good game does'nt make a football player!!

Scared he might score?

Scared he might score? against Hibs? are you having a laugh...the guy wont be fit.

Even when he is fit i don't think he will score. look at his record, in his whole career he has only scored 17 goals? not a striker for me im afraid

Aww are you still mad cos I started a thread where yer wee pals got a bit of a ribbing, diddums. I said nothing of ability either, check the message

I think this point has allready been answered by folk with a sense of perspective far outweighing anythin you poses yourself, my thoughts are similar to them.

:rofl: to the first bit. :placate:

So, what was your point then? People talking about his injury problems is foolish?

As for the second bit, it is a shame that you are not bright enough to answer yourself, maybe I should just debate with them then.

Can we not just all accept that this is good news and hope that Tullberg turns out to be a good player?

Or instead should everyone argue about it?

It's his ability to avoid injury that is generally being derided. Which for a veteran with a long history of injuries would be reasonable (Bringing MvCann back was always going to be a risk) but for a 23 year old recovering from his first real setback is hasty and mean spirited. It's not Darren Anderton we're talking about.

Whilst what you say is accurate, going by his Hearts career, he arrived injured, recovered and got injured again. Playing a total amount of one start and one sub appearance. I care little about his fitness issues at other clubs, I am a Hearts fan and (so far) have only to concern myself with one season, a season where he has played so rarely.

Just about everybody criticised his early performances. but not everyone was ready to dismiss the possibility that he was a talented player who was yet to find form.

An awful lot of people though showed indecent haste in writing off any chance that he'd come good and wanted him out the door almost immediately or at least to never appear in a Hearts strip again.

There's a few on the thread entitled

David Obua - total erse

And a few more on

Obua git on yir bike

It seems almost as if some people take a perverse glee in giving up on new players if they don't enjoy instant success.

In my opinion though' date=' I'd still go with Nade and Glen because while in general I like the idea of having a 6ft 3 striker to get on the end of Drivers crosses I'm not sure that Rob Jones is the best centre half to do that against.[/quote']

As for Obua, look at the threads that you refer to, the first one he is being criticised for having a go at a fan, including spitting in his direction. I assume that is a valid reason for criticism? The second one, whilst started as a "GTF" thread, also contains a report of him gesturing at the fans again. Now, obviously there were some overreactions on the thread but IMO these sort of overreactions are far more understandable when you consider his actions. Look at the reactions to Levein's comments. After all he has given the club, one poorly conceived statement and folk talk about removing him from the Hall Of Fame.

I do not think that any Hearts fan had a "perverse glee" in giving up on new players, I find that suggestion laughable TBH. Also, if that were to be the case then Obua would not have been as hyped up as he was on this very forum pre debut. I think it is more likely that fans that fork out good money would be likely to be annoyed when a highly paid player gestures at the fans, spits at fans all whilst performing awfully.

As for your suggestion about the team, I agree. I would, as stated above, put Tullberg on the bench (if Laszlo feels he is fit enough) as a possible option if required. I too would rather see Glen and Nade chosen first, but largely because they have earned their places.

O.K!!! Maeby I'm football idiot. For you:

Season 2005/2006 - this guy have 2 games, plus 4 sub and 1 goal for AGF;

2006/2007 - nothing for AGF;

2007/2008 - for AGF - 5 games, plus one sub, one goal and for Regina 3 games, plus 1 game sub;

2008/2009 - for Hearts (loan) - 1 game, plus 1 game sub.

And you tell me that this is Van Basten. You tell me that he have place in team, Calum, vice europian champion - NO. Branny-finalist in EU Championship - have no place for practice with first team, next step is reserve maeby!?!?! Whatb the Hibs???????????? Joke!!!

Jambo BG, not caling you an idiot but I am calling into question your stats

According to the wonder that is wikipedia his stats are -

2003–2006 Grenaa IF 28 0(5)

2006–2007 AGF Aarhus 28 (12)

2007– Reggina 05 0(0)

2008– Hearts (loan) 01 0(0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tullberg

So it's worth noting in 2003 when he first played for Grenaa he was only 17 so he's played a decent amount since he broke through. The Reggina stats are also deceptive as he played the first few games then a new manager who didn't fancy him came in and he was left on the sidelines

I know you want your brother to do well and I would like to see him make it too you also have to be objective, I mean does David Templeton's brother come on complaining he isn't getting a game? He's more deserving of a 1st team game than Branny is he not based on reserve performances?

:rofl: to the first bit. :placate:

So, what was your point then? People talking about his injury problems is foolish?

As for the second bit, it is a shame that you are not bright enough to answer yourself, maybe I should just debate with them then.

The sarcasm is foolish, sarcastic wee digs about the players hows that gonnae help, that was my point, but dinnae let a persons point get in the way of your keek.

I hope you would then you'd save me having to answer your pish, but on that note I didnt feel like repeating what had been allready said, I know you have no problem monotonusly saying the same thing over and over and over again (like a monkey with a miniature symbol.) I mean whats the point, for one up manship? for ego's sake? I dont feel its necessary.

The perspective bit stands tho, you really need to expand that ****. Read some books, smoke some weed, maybe a wee acid tab would help, I dont know, Im only brainstorming here.

Whilst what you say is accurate, going by his Hearts career, he arrived injured, recovered and got injured again. Playing a total amount of one start and one sub appearance. I care little about his fitness issues at other clubs, I am a Hearts fan and (so far) have only to concern myself with one season, a season where he has played so rarely.

As for Obua, look at the threads that you refer to, the first one he is being criticised for having a go at a fan, including spitting in his direction. I assume that is a valid reason for criticism? The second one, whilst started as a "GTF" thread, also contains a report of him gesturing at the fans again. Now, obviously there were some overreactions on the thread but IMO these sort of overreactions are far more understandable when you consider his actions. Look at the reactions to Levein's comments. After all he has given the club, one poorly conceived statement and folk talk about removing him from the Hall Of Fame.

I do not think that any Hearts fan had a "perverse glee" in giving up on new players, I find that suggestion laughable TBH. Also, if that were to be the case then Obua would not have been as hyped up as he was on this very forum pre debut. I think it is more likely that fans that fork out good money would be likely to be annoyed when a highly paid player gestures at the fans, spits at fans all whilst performing awfully.

As for your suggestion about the team, I agree. I would, as stated above, put Tullberg on the bench (if Laszlo feels he is fit enough) as a possible option if required. I too would rather see Glen and Nade chosen first, but largely because they have earned their places.

Are you sensibilities that sensitive that sombody giving another person the ****ing sticks or spittin in their direction gets you up in arms? Christ, are you a grown man, or no? Sensitive wee soul, hang the big bad fitba player!

I dont care who disagrees with me on this but the pish Obua was taking he's quite ****ing right, cos it was seroiusly undeserved, the boys trying to find his feet and wants to do well and you've got arseholes giving it to him tight cos the fans have hyped him up in their own minds and he doesnae live up to it right away, ***** have got to blame somebody, they're not gonnae blame themselves, lets blame the boy who's trying to entertain us.

The Mighty Thor
Jambo BG, not caling you an idiot but I am calling into question your stats

According to the wonder that is wikipedia his stats are -

2003?2006 Grenaa IF 28 0(5)

2006?2007 AGF Aarhus 28 (12)

2007? Reggina 05 0(0)

2008? Hearts (loan) 01 0(0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tullberg

So it's worth noting in 2003 when he first played for Grenaa he was only 17 so he's played a decent amount since he broke through. The Reggina stats are also deceptive as he played the first few games then a new manager who didn't fancy him came in and he was left on the sidelines

I know you want your brother to do well and I would like to see him make it too you also have to be objective, I mean does David Templeton's brother come on complaining he isn't getting a game? He's more deserving of a 1st team game than Branny is he not based on reserve performances?

i know you're only reporting the stats as per Wikipedia but they are hardly brilliant. 62 games in 6 years?

Not sure why everyone is getting excited. He's re-starting training. he hasn't kicked a ball since Oct? Despite his 'i'm feeling great it's up to the gaffer' routine, It'll take him weeks to get any kind of fitness back.

lets see what happens but i'll be shocked if Mauricio Tullberg takes part this weekend.

if Tullberg had been a prolific scorer in the past then i'd say get him on the bench and maybe give him a chance but he's not, and his record over the years is pretty poor.

Clum deserves a chance before this guy.

i know you're only reporting the stats as per Wikipedia but they are hardly brilliant. 62 games in 6 years?

Not sure why everyone is getting excited. He's re-starting training. he hasn't kicked a ball since Oct? Despite his 'i'm feeling great it's up to the gaffer' routine, It'll take him weeks to get any kind of fitness back.

lets see what happens but i'll be shocked if Mauricio Tullberg takes part this weekend.

You'll not get an argument from me, I just wanted to put up some objective figures instead of what Mr BG put up.

Have to admit I'm getting a bit p'd off with his crap attitude slagging off Hearts at any opportunity because his brother can't do enough to justify a first team place, I defeded him initially but to be honest it's getting beyond a joke

You'll not get an argument from me, I just wanted to put up some objective figures instead of what Mr BG put up.

Have to admit I'm getting a bit p'd off with his crap attitude slagging off Hearts at any opportunity because his brother can't do enough to justify a first team place, I defeded him initially but to be honest it's getting beyond a joke

I agree. He's now coming across as bitter about Hearts because his brother has never played. I can see where he's coming from but I don't know why he continues to post.

The Mighty Thor

To be fair mate i don't know enough about Branny to comment. I get the impression that he's one of our much vaunted youth set up who appear to be surrounded by hype but don't get a sniff of the first team.

The youngsters need to realise that their talking is best done on the pitch!

The sarcasm is foolish, sarcastic wee digs about the players hows that gonnae help, that was my point, but dinnae let a persons point get in the way of your keek.

I hope you would then you'd save me having to answer your pish, but on that note I didnt feel like repeating what had been allready said, I know you have no problem monotonusly saying the same thing over and over and over again (like a monkey with a miniature symbol.) I mean whats the point, for one up manship? for ego's sake? I dont feel its necessary.

The perspective bit stands tho, you really need to expand that ****. Read some books, smoke some weed, maybe a wee acid tab would help, I dont know, Im only brainstorming here.

Once again, :rofl:

You don't have to answer my "keek" or my "pish", feel free to ignore it if wish. In fact, there is an ignore function if you don't want anybody to question your opinion.

As for monotony, I merely asked you a question based on the thread, again, if that upsets you then feel free to ignore it. One up manship? This coming from the dude that started a thread just to have a go at other Hearts fans after we had won? You are DEFINITELY having a laugh now!!

I do have perspective, I merely asked you about this thread, shame you went all huffy and couldn't handle it.

Are you sensibilities that sensitive that sombody giving another person the ****ing sticks or spittin in their direction gets you up in arms? Christ, are you a grown man, or no? Sensitive wee soul, hang the big bad fitba player!

I dont care who disagrees with me on this but the pish Obua was taking he's quite ****ing right, cos it was seroiusly undeserved, the boys trying to find his feet and wants to do well and you've got arseholes giving it to him tight cos the fans have hyped him up in their own minds and he doesnae live up to it right away, ***** have got to blame somebody, they're not gonnae blame themselves, lets blame the boy who's trying to entertain us.

Good god, and you suggest that I read a book?:scholar:

Again, I was merely talking on topic, you seem to be the one making comments that suggest that you are sensitive. I am merely saying that I am not surprised that after a player does that he gets a bit of stick. You are saying that it is okay to gesture at fans and spit at them but it is not okay to criticise the player for doing so.

Perspective eh!

WorldChampions1902

Tullberg has got some making up to do. It better start with a debut hat-trick against the Hobbits. :yes2:

A lot of people went way OTT with there stinging criticism of Obua after only a couple of games. It was clear to the more reasonable people that it would take time for an African player to settle in to the SPL.

Unfortuneatly too many of the 'more reasonable people' were overrun by the usual suspects in the Doom and Gloom brigade. and I don't suppose they'll be behind he door again if Tullberg does play and fails to make an immediate impression !!!!!!!!!

He can't possibly be match fit after being out for months with his injuries. That being the case I would not want him anywhere near the team or the bench for Saturday. We can't afford passengers this weekend.

Looks like the offical site is talking him up for a start, so what's everyones thoughts on his derby debut straight in from the cold.

Devries

or

Beniussis

looking at that piece on the hearts site... looks like he's had the same problems as stephane adam had with thigh muscle tears. must be a bloody nightmare of an injury to clear up.

also interesting to see him make comments about some of the stuff written about him. it's been confirmed that nade reads kickback and i now suspect that tullberg does as well.

welcome back tullberg, get it right up the hobos mate. you too nadger.

Given that it's a derby, I will be very disappointed if Tullberg even makes the bench, never mind a starting spot. There are several more worthy players with recent match experience and I feel it would be too soon to get him involved again without any first team experience in the meantime.

As for Obua, I have not commented on his ability up to now as I was prepared to give him a settling in period. If the numerous posters who were quick to slate his earlier appearances are prepared to argue that they haven't seen any improvement recently then they are a better judge of a player than I am but from listening to HW he is improving by the game these days.

As for Branny, sorry mate, but JamboBG you as his brother appear to be the only person who still sees him as a realistic first team candidate.

To be honest, from the new piece on the website, he clearly hasn't been sitting around and enjoying himself and doesn't like being called a wage thief, lazy, etc. Personally, I never thought that. A monotonous diet, a load of complex and probably painful therapy doesn't sound like a holiday in the sun. Shockingly, most footballers do want to play football and don't like being injured. Wish him the best of luck in the future.

looking at that piece on the hearts site... looks like he's had the same problems as stephane adam had with thigh muscle tears. must be a bloody nightmare of an injury to clear up.

also interesting to see him make comments about some of the stuff written about him. it's been confirmed that nade reads kickback and i now suspect that tullberg does as well.

welcome back tullberg, get it right up the hobos mate. you too nadger.

Exactly what I thought reading that.

Looks like the offical site is talking him up for a start, so what's everyones thoughts on his derby debut straight in from the cold.

Devries

or

Beniussis

If he is starting, i think we will loose to be honest! When was the last time he kicked a football let alone play a game?

If its him alone upfront then we have no chance BUT if its him and Nade, well there may be hope for him lol.

Ryan Gosling

"I want to play for Hearts. I don't give a damn what people say, think or write about me. I have been a bit annoyed being compared to people who maybe haven't given 100 per cent for the club. I have done everything possible to come back and play.

"I miss the dressing-room and I want to help the gaffer reach his goals. I don't know the word 'quit'. I want to do all I can to help Hearts. That's what I promised when I signed and I haven't been able to do that.

"It's been very stressful for me, the worst period of my life as at the start I was told I was going to be out for around three weeks and now it's been half a year.

"I'm not blaming anyone and don't have any hard feelings. I just want to think forward now. My body is strong and my thigh is better."

:sunny:

Pete Seeger
O.K!!! Maeby I'm football idiot. For you:

Season 2005/2006 - this guy have 2 games, plus 4 sub and 1 goal for AGF;

2006/2007 - nothing for AGF;

2007/2008 - for AGF - 5 games, plus one sub, one goal and for Regina 3 games, plus 1 game sub;

2008/2009 - for Hearts (loan) - 1 game, plus 1 game sub.

And you tell me that this is Van Basten. You tell me that he have place in team, Calum, vice europian champion - NO. Branny-finalist in EU Championship - have no place for practice with first team, next step is reserve maeby!?!?! Whatb the Hibs???????????? Joke!!!

Dry your eyes. Your brother doesn't stand out in the reserves so why should he be expecting a place in the first team? When is it he's going to City anyway?

Pete Seeger

Fingers crossed he get's fit and gets a chance to prove himself. Good luck Mike!

Looking at the bit where he talks about 4 or 5 retears it would seem to me that ironically the problem has been that, rather than being a waster, he's been too eager to play for Hearts and pushed himself too hard, too early.

markletissier

don't think he's earned the opportunity to face hibs, i'd rather keep glen and nade up top.

i do not think this guy is pinilla he has had a genuine bad recurring injury and we should give him a chance to prove he has what it takes to play for hearts and earn himself a contract at the end of the season.

a lot of us where quite happy with his signing at the start of the season and have turned on him cause he is injured. lets get behind the big man him and nade might just fire us to third place

$ilvery_Moon
We've one the last 2 games with Mrowiec up front and no strikers starting the game

Why change a winning formula?

:2:

We had to change it against Motherwell to change the game.

letsmakesomenoise

Love the redtop spin in the HMFC site article

"The Gorgie strike star" - wtf? :biglaugh:

Just a smidgin away from "Hearts hitman"

How about "Tynecastle wage thief" :alucard:

don't think he's earned the opportunity to face hibs, i'd rather keep glen and nade up top.

There is always the chance of Glen being bullied out of the game and it is maybe best to keep giving him a bit of time coming on off the bench.

There is no chance of Tullberg being pushed around and we can't carry any passengers, this is too big a game.

WeeToonJambo
Love the redtop spin in the HMFC site article

"The Gorgie strike star" - wtf? :biglaugh:

Just a smidgin away from "Hearts hitman"

How about "Tynecastle wage thief" :alucard:

You can't be serious. You can't compare him to the likes of Pinilla and Beslija, and, to a lesser extent, Kingston. He's had a very serious injury which he's worked hard to get sorted. Did you call Bruno a wage thief when he was out for over a year? Injuries happen.

tranent-jambo

The Balogh

Neilson Jonsson Karipidis Wallace

Palazuelos

Driver Obua

Aguair

Glen Nade

Subs: Tullberg, Mroweic, Stewart, Thomson, Zaliukas

I reckon that SHOULD be the team but dont think it will Be... Tullberg should only come on if we are leading and should come on for Glen in the last 10 minutes.

The Balogh

Neilson Jonsson Karipidis Wallace

Palazuelos

Driver Obua

Aguair

Glen Nade

Subs: Tullberg, Mroweic, Stewart, Thomson, Zaliukas

I reckon that SHOULD be the team but dont think it will Be... Tullberg should only come on if we are leading and should come on for Glen in the last 10 minutes.

You realise we have been allowed 7 subs since probably the late 90s/early 00s?

Ryan Gosling
You can't be serious. You can't compare him to the likes of Pinilla and Beslija, and, to a lesser extent, Kingston. He's had a very serious injury which he's worked hard to get sorted. Did you call Bruno a wage thief when he was out for over a year? Injuries happen.

Some people did.

tranent-jambo
You realise we have been allowed 7 subs since probably the late 90s/early 00s?

Haha I thought so just wasnt sure... well in that case

Subs: Tullberg, Mroweic, Thomson, Stewart, Zaliukas, Elliot, Kello.

I'm happy for Csaba to decide who plays when.

Here Here. I also undersatand Shabba wanting Tullberg back asap, What with the lack of fire power in our squad.

jamboinglasgow
Some people did.

brillantly, Mike has replied to those people on the Hearts website,

"I want to play for Hearts. I don't give a damn what people say, think or write about me. I have been a bit annoyed being compared to people who maybe haven't given 100 per cent for the club. I have done everything possible to come back and play."

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1584515,00.html

"I want to play for Hearts. I don't give a damn what people say, think or write about me. I have been a bit annoyed being compared to people who maybe haven't given 100 per cent for the club. I have done everything possible to come back and play."

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1584515,00.html

If I was a Hearts player, I know I couldn't resist reading fans' thoughts on message boards but sometimes I really wish they wouldn't. Urgh. It's all very well that he claims he pays no attention to what is written but the fact that he thought to mention it at all contradicts that idea a little bit.

Nevertheless, he has the right attitude. Good on you Mike. There are plenty of us who are looking forward to seeing what you can do.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What's brilliant about a player having a go at fans?

I could see the point if he had contributed ANYTHING to this season but he hasn't so he should shut up and concentrate on getting fit.

I could see the point if he had contributed ANYTHING to this season but he hasn't so he should shut up and concentrate on getting fit.

If people are jumping to incorrect conclusions about him, he has every right to reply. There's a big difference between exercising the right to respond and 'having a go' at the fans - that's not what he's doing at all. He's clarifying the issue. If you read the interview, you'll see that he's doing exactly what you suggested...he has been concentrating on getting fit and wants to play for Hearts.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
If people are jumping to incorrect conclusions about him, he has every right to reply. There's a big difference between exercising the right to respond and 'having a go' at the fans - that's not what he's doing at all. He's clarifying the issue. If you read the interview, you'll see that he's doing exactly what you suggested...he has been concentrating on getting fit and wants to play for Hearts.

Has he proven anyone wrong yet?

He doesn't actually mention the fans tho does he. Surely that must be taken into account.

Has he proven anyone wrong yet?

Proven who wrong?

If you're referring to claims that he's a malingering wage-thief then no, of course not. I doubt he has any intention of referring to that again, there's not much you can do if people want to make fanciful remarks and indulge in a little too much paranoia.

It is what it is. Why turn it into something more dramatic?

Archived