Tynecastle to host Euro games!

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

The Mail on Sunday is saying we have had the okay from Uefa re playing games at Tynie if we qualify. Apparently Campbell Ogilvy invited officials over and they will give us dispensation re pitch size if certain other demands are met. They included bigger technical area (apparently was being redesigned in any case) bigger dressing rooms, a bigger press room and provide an astro-turf warm up area. All achievable according to CO if the board (Vlad) give the financial go-ahead. Good news if it comes to pass.

PresidentRomanov
The Mail on Sunday is saying we have had the okay from Uefa re playing games at Tynie if we qualify. Apparently Campbell Ogilvy invited officials over and they will give us dispensation re pitch size if certain other demands are met. They included bigger technical area (apparently was being redesigned in any case) bigger dressing rooms, a bigger press room and provide an astro-turf warm up area. All achievable according to CO if the board (Vlad) give the financial go-ahead. Good news if it comes to pass.

It is excellent news, although I was told we'd be playing at Murrayfield, hopefully The Mail's correct, and the club's had a change of mind :sunny:

If he gives the go-ahead. :tt2:

Play at Tynecastle and double the ticket prices. No financial risk to the club. Job done.

Ray Winstone

I would more than happily pay double the ticket price if it meant we could play European ties at Tynecastle.

IMO we have a better chance of success in Europe at Tynie rather than over the road.

Mr Loverman

Sounds quite costly, however I'd prefer to play at Tynie even if it meant paying extra for a ticket.

I would more than happily pay double the ticket price if it meant we could play European ties at Tynecastle.

IMO we have a better chance of success in Europe at Tynie rather than over the road.

Not sure if many will feel like that if we are playing someone form Iceland or St Patricks, or other small and relatively unknown teams.

Ray Winstone
Not sure if many will feel like that if we are playing someone form Iceland or St Patricks, or other small and relatively unknown teams.

Saying we do get 3rd and Rangers win the cup - we will go into the final qualifying round.

Hopefully this would mean only one game against a 'relatively unknown team' and then we might be lucky enough to get some of the big guns in the group stage.

St Patricks

I really hope we don't get them. Can't stick them after their hoolies attacked innocent Hearts fans before the game in Dublin. :bomb2:

Only a Game
It is excellent news, although I was told we'd be playing at Murrayfield, hopefully The Mail's correct, and the club's had a change of mind :sunny:

I think its one issue on which Hearts fans are united accross the board.

We want to play European games at Tynecastle, not Murrayfield, and we should be shouting it unanimously from the roof tops before a decision is made that none of us agree with

They wished they hadn't though :clubbed:

I can still remember the picture on the front of the morning paper. :qqb003:

PresidentRomanov

Hearts had a great support in these days, not a hand wringer in sight, and no internet for outsiders to stir things up :waiting:

MacDonald Jardine

Not sure we'd need Murrayfield for that anyway.

JT's & Irons

Sounds costly and IMO Vlad will not be spending that sort of money in the foreseeable future when we can play at Murrayfield and it won't cost him nowt.

we can play at Murrayfield and it won't cost him nowt.

:saddam:

Apart from hire of the stadium, more security, etc etc....

Ryan Gosling

Hearts will be unseeded no matter what, and I'd fancy our chances of causing one upset, but not two.

Only a Game
Hearts will be unseeded no matter what, and I'd fancy our chances of causing one upset, but not two.

I wouldnt neccesarily bet on that. Our co-efficient is still fairly good and we could be be pretty close to the borderline between seeded and unseeded (in the final qualifying round)

Ray Winstone

Agreed - and I also think that playing at Tynecastle would make an upset more likley.

Ryan Gosling
I wouldnt neccesarily bet on that. Our co-efficient is still fairly good and we could be be pretty close to the borderline between seeded and unseeded (in the final qualifying round)

We will be unseeded.

Sounds costly and IMO Vlad will not be spending that sort of money in the foreseeable future when we can play at Murrayfield and it won't cost him nowt.

It costs quite a lot to play at Murrayfield with SRU rental, extra police, SRU cut off the pie stands, etc.....hardly nowt !!!

PresidentRomanov
Question for you though Mr PB, if it was Celtic winning the cup that was best for Hearts, would you and your tag team still say the same?

Of course I would, what a ridiculous question :2:

For probably the first time ever, I was disappointed when Celtic got knocked out yesterday, we needed an old firm final, and I'm on record as saying I don't want to lose the fact we're the only non old firm team to lift the cup in recent times.

In other words, build the new main stand. I don't see how all of those things could be achieved otherwise.

Only a Game
With the exception of when thay're playing Celtic or Hibs, I've never wanted Rangers FC to win a game that didn't have an impact on Hearts, I'd appreciate if you stopped making things up to suit your twisted agenda :7:

Whats your interest or concern on the outcome of games between Rangers and Celtic ? Did you in fact EVER post on here that you were hoping for a Celtic win yeserday ?

Ryan Gosling
Whats your interest or concern on the outcome of games between Rangers and Celtic ?

PickyBum may have money on an Old Firm encounter.

For probably the first time ever, I was disappointed when Celtic got knocked out yesterday, we needed an old firm final, and I'm on record as saying I don't want to lose the fact we're the only non old firm team to lift the cup in recent times.

Same here. :yes2:

Only a Game
We will be unseeded.

I'd spend some time, once the qualifiers are known, working out the possibilities before I'd hang my hat on that one.

Ryan Gosling
I'd spend some time, once the qualifiers are known, working out the possibilities before I'd hang my hat on that one.

Every team in the entire competition will be in the last qualifying round. We will have 11.575 seeding points (or 133rd in Europe) - now assume 32 above us make the champions league and another 40 seeds above us in the Europa Cup too.

We'll be unseeded. Unless we're lucky. :D

JT's & Irons
It costs quite a lot to play at Murrayfield with SRU rental, extra police, SRU cut off the pie stands, etc.....hardly nowt !!!

What I mean is that he will make his money back on that additional cost by selling additional tickets. He aint gonna make his money back for the required renovations at Tyney with a couple of 17,000 crowds. I, like everyone else would love to play these games at Tyney but I think our leader is more interested in the quick buck short term.

Carl Spackler

All of those "requirements" are a load of pedantic p^%h!

Majorca once played with a goal that wasn't even rectangular!

Ok let me explain.

I dont know youI only see and interpret what I see on KB. You do come across as pro Rangers and anti Hibs / Celtic, im all for the latter its the former I find hard to stomach. You might be a nice guy and really bright in real life, on KB you come across as a bit of a neanderthal bigot, and I know you know that and even play up to it sometimes, fair do's if thats what floats yer boat. But even with all that im glad to see you still put the best interests of HMFC first. I guess this is typical of the hypocricy of being a football fan, and you probably have noticed I really have a dislike of all things old firm, and I really really do not like Hearts fans with Rangers style agenda's in fact in my opinion they are worse than old firm fans. Nothing makes me cringe and feel shame like a UJ in the Hearts end, im proud to be British and support the flag in just about any other arena, but in Scottish football terms it is im afraid a sign of bigotry, your own sig would seem to support this.

PresidentRomanov
Ok let me explain.

I dont know youI only see and interpret what I see on KB. You do come across as pro Rangers and anti Hibs / Celtic, im all for the latter its the former I find hard to stomach. You might be a nice guy and really bright in real life, on KB you come across as a bit of a neanderthal bigot, and I know you know that and even play up to it sometimes, fair do's if thats what floats yer boat. But even with all that im glad to see you still put the best interests of HMFC first. I guess this is typical of the hypociry of being a football fan, and you probably have noticed I really have a dislike of all things old firm, and I really really do not like Hearts fans with Rangers style agenda's in fact in my opinion they are worse than old firm fans. Nothing makes me cringe and feel shame like a UJ in the Hearts end, im proud to be British and support the flag in just about any other arena, but in Scottish football terms it is im afraid a sign of bigotry, your own sig would seem to support this.

In real life, I am a nice guy, pretty bright, a bit of a neanderthal bigot, and I've never taken a UJ to a Hearts game :sunny:

I dont know youI only see and interpret what I see on KB. You do come across as pro Rangers and anti Hibs / Celtic, im all for the latter its the former I find hard to stomach. You might be a nice guy and really bright in real life, on KB you come across as a bit of a neanderthal bigot, and I know you know that and even play up to it sometimes, fair do's if thats what floats yer boat. But even with all that im glad to see you still put the best interests of HMFC first. I guess this is typical of the hypociry of being a football fan, and you probably have noticed I really have a dislike of all things old firm, and I really really do not like Hearts fans with Rangers style agenda's in fact in my opinion they are worse than old firm fans. Nothing makes me cringe and feel shame like a UJ in the Hearts end, im proud to be British and support the flag in just about any other arena, but in Scottish football terms it is im afraid a sign of bigotry, your own sig would seem to support this.

Judge, jury and executioner alert. :2:

Incidentally, PB is indeed a "nice guy and really bright".

Seymour M Hersh

Rental?

Seymour M Hersh
In other words, build the new main stand. I don't see how all of those things could be achieved otherwise.

According to the article there is room for the improvements in the existing stand.

Only a Game
Every team in the entire competition will be in the last qualifying round. We will have 11.575 seeding points (or 133rd in Europe) - now assume 32 above us make the champions league and another 40 seeds above us in the Europa Cup too.

Having looked again at Kassies site it does appear a bit far fetched to say we'll have a chance of being seeded in Q4 of the Europa league. We should be seeded in Q3 if we have to play there though. Which means we'd likely play against what was previously known as an Intertoto qualifier. OKay you can get some horrendously bad draws there but it still doesnt make me passionate about Rangers winning the cup.

Having looked again at Kassies site it does appear a bit far fetched to say we'll have a chance of being seeded in Q4 of the Europa league. We should be seeded in Q3 if we have to play there though. Which means we'd likely play against what was previously known as an Intertoto qualifier. OKay you can get some horrendously bad draws there but it still doesnt make me passionate about Rangers winning the cup.

World class backpedaling by OAG. Great to watch. :yes2:

PresidentRomanov

Was thinking that myself :biglaugh:

Only a Game

Admission that I may have miscalculated on my research. Playground post IMO, not untypical of you.

Only a Game
Was thinking that myself :biglaugh:

Love it when you support your wee mate like that. Its touching really

PresidentRomanov
Admission that I may have miscalculated on my research.

Translate: I made an arse of myself :7:

Admission that I may have miscalculated on my research.

aka backpedaling :qqb003:

Only a Game
aka backpedaling :qqb003:

If using that term makes you erect then crack on. I'll have to backpedal a lot further before my credibility gets down at your level though

This thread looks like its been hijacked into an argument between Therapist and OAG, but here is my thoughts on using Tynie for European games.

I'm not sure how many games are guaranteed for the group stages, but perhaps we could sell packages that balanced the cost out for the more attractive vs less attractive teams.

Lets look at our stats for competitive games played at Murrayfield - we have won two games (Braga, Bosnian Team in CL Qualifiers), and lost 4 (Ferencvaros, Shalke, AEK, Sparta Prague). The two teams we beat at Murrayfield we could have beaten at Tynie, but I think we may have done better in all of the others, winning at least 2 of the 4.

The atmosphere at Murrayfield is dead unless you get at least 45k. Its a neutral venue and we lose our home advantage and take the pressure off the away team. Its down to a choice between short term gain through the cash at the gates for Murrayfield (assuming you draw an attractive team), and progressing, earning more in bonuses plus extra game income.

I'm just glad that Tony Mowbray saw Murrayfield as giving us home advantage and insisted on us playing them in the semi at Hampden on 02.04.06. Hibs may even have won if the game had been at Murrayfield, considering our record there!

Anyway, I really hope Hearts do stick to Tynie for Europe and raise the prices to cover for bigger games. I'm speculating that it would take 25k+ at Murrayfield for us to get the same as a sell-out at Tynie, once the SRU took their cut.

Still have the front page -- am in one of the other pictures near the bus park -- what a great couple of days in Dublin -- the Sportsmans bar upstairs, the Guiness tour (sorry no thanks can you show us to the free bar !!)

The trip home via Belfast was fun too -- ignorance of the true situation at the time meant a nice walk from railway station to railway station through some choice areas -- first time I'd ever seen pavements in various shades of colour:earmuffs:

They really did not like us though -- I think the trip up and down O'connell Street by the Belfast Hearts boys with a loud hailer was possibly the problem !

In real life, I am a nice guy, pretty bright, a bit of a neanderthal bigot, and I've never taken a UJ to a Hearts game :sunny:

Thanks for your honesty, I respect that.

Judge, jury and executioner alert. :2:

Incidentally, PB is indeed a "nice guy and really bright".

Nice one, when I want you to answer a question, I will ask you one BB.

Thanks for proving the tag team point though.

Here is the projected seedings in next season's Europa Cup. It is based on current league positions and co-efficients. Obviously, these could change and there could be shock results once the tournament gets going but it looks almost certain that Hearts would be seeded in Q2 and Q3 and unseeded in Q4.

http://www.uclpredictions.ucoz.com/0809/uc0910.htm

Bearing in mind that every knockout tie Hearts have played in Europe in the last decade has gone with seeding, Hearts will have a tough job getting to the group stage.

Archived