Zidane Film

Dave Ross

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
On BBC4 now. Should be good.

Top man.

Cheers, been meaning to see this for ages.

Zidane = God. FACT.

On BBC4 now. Should be good.

its a bizarre but excellant piece of film, your mind says i'm watching football and it takes a wee while to get over it. seen it at the cameo and you slip into a trance by the end with the trippy mogwai music. enjoy

Watching now, fascinated by his little right-foot drag whenever he starts a run. What's that all about?

i love that footage, its like some pent up anticipation/twitch thing like a bull or stallion about to do what it does best an just let nature take course or in this case be one of the best football players play. he is pron unaware he does it too. cool as a cucumber

A whole Real game, but the camera's are only on him.

17 camers followed him for the game. i think its an amazin piece of film but more usually seen in art galleries as a video installion that in cinemas etc.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
A whole Real game, but the camera's are only on him.

Dunno if I can handle that after watching a full game already tonight!

jamboinglasgow

its incrediable that in a match with 80,000 people you feel he is alone out there.

It could also be used to teach young footballers what they should do in the match (though it would be good to have angle from above.)

a very interesting piece.

Is this all it is?

Just clips of him in a game?

That's all it is. For all the accolades it received it is, frankly, one of the most boring things I've ever watched.

I didn't think it was boring. The 90 mins sailed by. A fascinating study of a world class pro, in his prime, doing what he does.

"Six Days to Saturday" sounds worth a look as well..... rediscovered John Boorman documentaryfrom 1963 of a week in the life of Swindon Town FC.

I thought the documentary was interesting to begin with but I found it got a little tedious after a while. It was very interesting to see him on the pitch and the sound and quotes were nice touches.

What shocked me most was how quiet he was on the pitch!

I thought the documentary was interesting to begin with but I found it got a little tedious after a while. It was very interesting to see him on the pitch and the sound and quotes were nice touches.

What shocked me most was how quiet he was on the pitch!

the man was a magician on the pitch,

so he wasnt vocal for fecks sake the best midfielder i saw in my lifetime.

the man was a magician on the pitch,

so he wasnt vocal for fecks sake the best midfielder i saw in my lifetime.

Calm down mate, it wasn't a criticism. He was my favourite player when he played too. I was just shocked at how quiet he was compared to when you see Hearts play and it looks as if everyone is talking to each other.

Zidane barely uttered a word throughout that whole game.

Calm down mate, it wasn't a criticism. He was my favourite player when he played too. I was just shocked at how quiet he was compared to when you see Hearts play and it looks as if everyone is talking to each other.

no need to calm down son.

being vocal is not in every players make up he was from a different mold from most(a different planet even),some are some just arent.

for me zz just had an air of confidence...he knew,we knew other players knew he was one of the greatest no real need to shout about "give me the fecking ball" it just happened and it stuck to his foot and the rest as they say is history

And when he did it was mostly "Aay" or " Ai-ee, Ai-ee"

Liked when he said to the ref after the penalty... "You should be ashamed"

jamboinglasgow

for all those all up, the current program on BBC Four is a ken loach drama/documentry called the Golden Vision. Non-surprisingly it is named after Hearts and Everton legend Alex Young. Think he also features in it.

no need to calm down son.

being vocal is not in every players make up he was from a different mold from most(a different planet even),some are some just arent.

for me zz just had an air of confidence...he knew,we knew other players knew he was one of the greatest no real need to shout about "give me the fecking ball" it just happened and it stuck to his foot and the rest as they say is history

I understand your point. I agree, he looked like he had some presence on that pitch, watching that film it looked like he was in his own zone and entirely focused on the ball. I didn't necessarily mean shouting for the ball, just communicating with his own team etc. I didn't see Zidane in live action that much, but I would've thought he played a kind of captains role, hence why i was surprised.

I understand your point. I agree, he looked like he had some presence on that pitch, watching that film it looked like he was in his own zone and entirely focused on the ball. I didn't necessarily mean shouting for the ball, just communicating with his own team etc. I didn't see Zidane in live action that much, but I would've thought he played a kind of captains role, hence why i was surprised.

maybe as you say john that night he was in the "zone"

The man is a God.

I'd have loved to have watched this type of film of him from the 1998 World Cup Final.

Buffalo Bill

The People's Chimp
I didn't think it was boring. The 90 mins sailed by. A fascinating study of a world class pro, in his prime, doing what he does.

"Six Days to Saturday" sounds worth a look as well..... rediscovered John Boorman documentaryfrom 1963 of a week in the life of Swindon Town FC.

Not enough these type of programme. I'd love to see 'six days to saturday.' It'd be great to see a modern day version as well, to follow it up.

guy was just ajoy to watch. goal in champions league final was a bit special eh

After the game, he told Le Equipe, "Theez ez ze homme country of ze famouz Heebernians and I wanted to pay hom-age to ze flair tsat zey produce on ze great Lochend slope".

Buffalo Bill

Archived