I've seen knee-jerk reactions but this one takes the biscuit!

Craigieboy

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=143797

Is there any point in Hibernian existing now?

Yes, the Yams will love this title, and we all know what their immediate answer will be.

However, after our usual Saturday night arguement over the merits of Mixu, where the huge majority were in agreement he should go, a couple of the lads asked 'what is the point in sacking Mixu, we will just get in some other untried numpty that is a cheap option and who will be 'learning the trade'?

The debate was getting a bit heated at times but the arguement was, Mixu has already proven he cannot make it as a Hibs manager. If we are just going to accept him as being manager indefinitely and not even bother trying to change things for the better, we would be as well just packing up and padlocking the doors behind us. :D

Ok, it was a drastic reaction but in reality, if we are just going to let Mixu's contract run for the next two years, then maybe the administrators will take that decision for us as ER will become a ghost ground. Yes will get the 4 or 5,000 diehards turning up every week regardless, but this will not cover the costs of Rod's trips through to the weeg for his SPL/SFA committee meetings.

Spartans could end up being the only team in Edinburgh in 5 years time

If we are just going to accept him as being manager indefinitely and not even bother trying to change things for the better, we would be as well just packing up and padlocking the doors behind us.

They put up with Alex Miller as manager for a lot longer, and Blobby, and Pat Stanton, and John Blackley - even Duffy for about the same amount of time.......

scottish_chicP

I take it by the last line he means we will be in "administration" before they pack up and go?

I particularly like the last line about Spartans :D

Yep, typical Hobo ignorance. What about Edinburgh City? Lothian Thistle? CSS? Tynecastle? Uni? Leith Athletic? Craigroyston?

Or are the great Hoboconomists predicting admin for everyone but Spurtans?

I particularly like the last line about Spartans :D

I dont because the implication is that the Hobonomics experts were right and that we dont exist either.

Massive overreaction of a scale more often witnessed on JKB after a defeat. Hibs are medicore, always have been and always will be. They should just get used to it.

GC

You cannae beat some over the top histrionics:biggrin2: after a defeat, we all know who is really good at it

I suppose his gayness would fit right in down at ER.

We all know he had been fitting into something down that way for a few years:wacko2:

Guest Vanbasten1874

Was the mixupped one not the fans choice as manager and nobody else could measure up to him . They have never been a club that has any ambition of winning titles and cups apart from the odd league cup and this is more than likely to continue for the rest of their sad empty lives so what would be the point in getting rid of the man . They are neither up nor down with the boy so whats new there then. GGTTH is the most ironic sentence in the english language and nothing could be more further from the truth . But having said all that its still nice having them in existence as the comedy factor is second to none GGTTH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha ooooooh ma sides.

you have to love the logic of the hobo who created that. because THEY are complete pish.... that somehow leads on to us going out of business.

tolleys for brains.

They'll beat us at ER.

Mixu will then sign a 5 year contract, before walking out the next week with a ?1.5m golden handshake.

The Hibs fans will continue to sing his name, ala Sauzee.

jamboinglasgow

funnily enough I was going to post a thread about hibs that had similar (but not to the same conclusion) thoughts.

Basicly it boils down to the point, despite bringing through some great youngsters, building a new training center and reducing the debt to become running at a financial sound level have the increased in stature and the playing club.

I would say that if anything the club has gone backward.

A club has to reduce the finances to a more manageable level but this can bring benfits as when you go through the pain of resizing than you can achieve organic growth through the right descisions.

Archived