Jealously protecting our Scottish Cup record

Paisley Jambo

Paisley Jambo

I am quite proud that we are only club outwith OF to win Scottish Cup since 1997.

For this reason I always hope that if we can't win it then the OF do.

Just wondering if others share these thoughts.

If im honest it doesnt really bother me. Id rather be the cup winners than the last team outside the OF.

I usually dont care who wins it unless it affects us. I want an OF final this season so the top 5 get a Europa League place.

Charlie-Brown

To ensure the greatest likelihood of Hearts getting European participation this season then the OF / Aberdeen winning the cup & being in the final suits us best - if that fails to happen then I'm not really bothered who wins - non OF trophy wins are a good thing for Scottish football.

Nah. I would want any team apart from Hibs to beat the OF to a trophy.

I agree with this, records are nice but i'd much rather see a decent cup final with an unlikely winner.

I am quite proud that we are only club outwith OF to win Scottish Cup since 1997.

For this reason I always hope that if we can't win it then the OF do.

Just wondering if others share these thoughts.

Ditto.

if we don't win the cup , my first thoughts are that hibs don't win it.

after that , any trophy taken from glasgow is a bonus

if we don't win the cup , my first thoughts are that hibs don't win it.

after that , any trophy taken from glasgow is a bonus

Ditto:mw_rolleyes:

First preference is a result that gets Hearts in to Europe if required.

Second preference is that Hibs don't win it.

Third preference is that the Old Firm don't win it.

As long as Hibs arent in the final I will want any team that is playing the OF to win the final. If it is an OF final I truly dont give a flying **** who wins

And further to that if a club like Falkirk who I have no great beef with and the vast majority of fans have never seen them win the cup DID win the cup. Then I would think - good on yoy lads enjoy this weekend like I did in 1998.

Completely depends on the circumstances and who the teams are in the final for me. I'm quite protective of our recent record too - meaning if Hibs or Aberdeen were in the final, I'd probably want the OF to win. Ditto Motherwell most of the time (though not had it been last season given the Phil O'Donnell thing), ditto St Mirren all the time! :mad: On the other hand, if Dundee United ever win it, I'd be delighted for Levein to have finally won something; and I defy anyone not to have been cheering QoS on last season.

So it's a fence sitting, overly anal answer from me. Who'd've thought it eh? :wacko:

I am a little embarrassed that our cups ares really the property of two teams. I would far prefer there was more competition in our league, for all trophies.

Archived