Up front next week?

Gambo

Assuming everyone is fit, who do you think will play up front next week?

Wallace?

Thompson?

Neilson?

Ruben?

or

Tullberg?

Elliot?

Glen?

Barrett?

Me personally i would play any 2 of the last 4 named.

Wilkie and co will handle with ease imo anyone if played up front on their own, time for Csaba to gamble and go with 2 FORWARDS up front.

Go for Cowan and Glen :D

Will never happen.

Seems to be knocking them in for the u19's regularly, but i fear we will get one of Csabas tried and trusted players, no matter what their natural position is.

Whoever Vlad says.....:rolleyes:

Glen and Elliot?

Glen and ........ Miko?

Glen....?

Or nobody? Csaba will know next week after looking at people during training..

Basically, I've no idea, like the rest of the people on here.

Never thought I'd say this but we need to take a leaf out of Everton's book when they had a distinct lack of strikers -- flood the midfield with lots of support to the front player -- as for that person ? -- well one fault we have as a team is there is no natural midfield goalscorer -- a player who runs beyond the defence like Cameron or Hartley so that leaves .......................

Glen if fit or Elliot (there I've said it !!!)

Next week should be balls to feet or down the side to drag their central defence away from the box -- they are good in the air but on the ground they can be turned and left behind with pace.

We need height and strength next week too -- Ruben should start in midfield and will help at set plays and I would include McGowan but Csaba ?

If Barrett is match fit and ready to play, I suspect he will sign and start.

If not, IMO it will be Elliot with Glen (if fit) in the midfield role he has been in, if Glen is not fit then Aguiar will play that little bit further forward again.

I think it should be (as daft as it sounds) Obua up front with Glen behind him. We need someone physical who can have a hope in hell of winning headers against Dods or Wilkie. Calum Elliot won't do that.

Team should be something along the lines of:

Balogh

Neilson Karipidis Jonsson Wallace

Miko Palazuelos Aguiar Driver

Glen

Obua*

*if not Obua then Barrett (if we sign him)

I think it should be (as daft as it sounds) Obua up front with Glen behind him. We need someone physical who can have a hope in hell of winning headers against Dods or Wilkie. Calum Elliot won't do that.

Agree with that, I'd definately have Obua up top although we'll miss him on the wings.

In fact your team is the one I'd go with but I'm not sure if Glen will start. More likely we'll have Aguiar in the hole with Stewart and Palazuelos in midfield.

Charlie-Brown

Balogh

Glen

Obua*

Realistic analysis of the current situation & good post. :)

Balogh

Glen

Obua*

Yeah that's how i'd like to see it, anyone got any idea if Glen's gonna be fit for next week?

Glen isn't ready to start games, I'd prefer to see him coming off the bench, although we don't seem to have many other options.

Would be interesting to see Obua up top to try to challenge for balls with Wilkie etc. Would also be interesting to see how much Elliot has improved since his loan spell, lets face it he can't be any worse that last year, surely?

Tullberg and Barrett up front together and will score 4 between them! FACT!

The latter probably won't sign, and the former....well....is he still alive?:mw_rolleyes:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I can't see Csaba making any major changes next week. He might just shuffle a couple of players about. I would expect him to line up like this:

Balogh

Obua Stewart Palazuelos Driver

Aguiar

Nade

It will be something along those lines, or the only other thing I would imagine to happen would be Miko coming into the starting line up for either Stewart or Palazuelos, with Obua playing behind Glen.

I can't see Csaba making any major changes next week. He might just shuffle a couple of players about. I would expect him to line up like this:

Balogh

Aguiar

Nade

It will be something along those lines, or the only other thing I would imagine to happen would be Miko coming into the starting line up for either Stewart or Palazuelos, with Obua playing behind Glen.

The reason for this thread is to to Nade's suspension btw.....

Balogh

Aguiar

Nade

Nade's out tho mind :huh2:

Balogh

Glen

Obua*

Wilkie and Dods would eat Obua alive if we played him up front IMO. I would be inclined to give Barret the nod if we sign him. If not then we are going to struggle. Maybe take a chance with some of the faster younger lads ? We may be able to get at them with pace.

Jamboscanbevicius

Is there any chance of Tullberg being back next week? Or is it too early?

If he is not back I reckon Elliot will play right up top on his own!

Sometimes what works best against big centre forwards is small, nippy strikers. For example, Graham Weir always gave Bobo Balde a very difficult game.

No matter who we play up front next week, they are not going to win a physical battle against Wilkie and Dods.....

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
The reason for this thread is to to Nade's suspension btw.....

Yeah I know. Wasn't thinking clearly. Obviously meaning Glen. Getting used to typing out Nade for that position on team threads. Thanks for pointing it out.

No matter who we play up front next week, they are not going to win a physical battle against Wilkie and Dods.....

They are two big laddies but.........

Hamilton 2 United 1

Swailes headed in at the back post for his and Accies' second goal.

United 1 ICT 1

Eric Odhiambo opened the scoring for Inverness in the 16th minute with a close-range header

Aberdeen 2 United 2

Diamond's presence caused problems in the United area, and managed to glance a header past Zaluska.

I'd much rather we had a big guy up front that can give them a bit of a challenge. There will be calls for Glen and Templeton but it would be a huge ask for two wee guys with little experience.

Guest jambomickey
They are two big laddies but.........

Hamilton 2 United 1

Swailes headed in at the back post for his and Accies' second goal.

United 1 ICT 1

Eric Odhiambo opened the scoring for Inverness in the 16th minute with a close-range header

Aberdeen 2 United 2

Diamond's presence caused problems in the United area, and managed to glance a header past Zaluska.

I'd much rather we had a big guy up front that can give them a bit of a challenge. There will be calls for Glen and Templeton but it would be a huge ask for two wee guys with little experience.

only get experience by playing.

Never thought I'd say this but we need to take a leaf out of Everton's book when they had a distinct lack of strikers -- flood the midfield with lots of support to the front player -- as for that person ? -- well one fault we have as a team is there is no natural midfield goalscorer -- a player who runs beyond the defence like Cameron or Hartley so that leaves .......................

Glen if fit or Elliot (there I've said it !!!)

Next week should be balls to feet or down the side to drag their central defence away from the box -- they are good in the air but on the ground they can be turned and left behind with pace.

We need height and strength next week too -- Ruben should start in midfield and will help at set plays and I would include McGowan but Csaba ?

Clum will be a sub.

Balogh

Neilson Jonsson Klimavicius Wallace

Karipidis Palazuelos

Driver Aguiar Obua

Glen

I'd go with that.

Reasons:

Decent aerially at set pieces, defending and attacking.

Pacy/tricky midfield and attack

Solid deep midfield players to stem the flow to our new defensive pairing

Balogh

Neilson Jonsson Klimavicius Wallace

Karipidis Palazuelos

Driver Aguiar Obua

Glen

that would be the best team on the day,considering the injury situation......

Still cant fathom the number of posters on a weekly basis who think we are suddenly going to switch to a 4-4-2, especially away to Dundee Utd.

It WILL be 4-5-1 to start with and we WILL be looking to be cautious and nick a goal, just as we have done in almost every game this season, home or away.

4-4-2 will not be played as a preference this season unless we have an unexpected (and unwelcome) change of manager. Next season maybe but even then I doubt it.

Now lets discuss who the 1 is going to be in the 4-5-1 and stop this weekly nonsense. I'd say Obua is the obvious choice but he might play Elliott.

Barrett (if he signs) wont play for weeks until he gets match fit (in Csaba's eyes)

I'd go with that.

Reasons:

Decent aerially at set pieces, defending and attacking.

Pacy/tricky midfield and attack

Solid deep midfield players to stem the flow to our new defensive pairing

Glen is never a target man.

Glen is never a target man.

Strange, I never mentioned that at all.

I can justify all that in more detail if you want. I believe Glen CAN play up there on his own, provided others in the team play at the same time.

Strange, I never mentioned that at all.

I can justify all that in more detail if you want. I believe Glen CAN play up there on his own, provided others in the team play at the same time.

Csaba plays with a target man though. Glen is not strong enough to play in that position. Jonsson struggled and he looks far stronger than Glen.

Archived