Jason Thomson

Acey

neverlikedElvis
Point out the rubbish.

well, they're clearly not the same player are they? they have different strengths/weaknesses and as for "amplified twofold".......wind your neck in a wee bit, eh?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, they're clearly not the same player are they? they have different strengths/weaknesses and as for "amplified twofold".......wind your neck in a wee bit, eh?

Where do their main strengths and weaknesses differ?

Name, age and experience are about it IMO.

neverlikedElvis

you are acknowledging they are not the same player then?

I think Neilson is a lot more composed and can place simple passes a lot better than Thomson can going forward. I know Neilson gets slated for not being very good going forward but I think yesterday proved to me that he's not as bad as people make out and he actually links quite well with the wingers.

His crossing is still crap though. :cute:

Cigaro you are spot on. They play like they were cloned at birth. Equally poor first touch, hopeless in posession, uncomfortable when it comes to distribution, murder when it comes to putting in quality from out wide and generally the guy the opposition will leave on the ball knowing full well its imminently coming back to them. We have endured Robbie for several years now, the thought of Thomson for any length of time let alone both of them together is horrendous.

neverlikedElvis

he does link up well with wingers, gets forward, is tough in the tackle and very committed. he's also probably one of the best RBs in the country. I know the standard is poor but he's one of the better at that position.

he gets caught out of position and isn't great in the air.

jason thomson played well against hibs and showed promise. I thought he did ok in a couple of the other games he started this season. he has made mistakes in his few first team appearances but not enough to deserve the vitriol in this thread. which is a shame because as he's a good hearts lad the chances are he'll read this at some point.

still...keep on supporting the team and all that.

neverlikedElvis
Are you honestly saying you took every word in my post in its literal sense?

I am honestly saying I thought it was an absurd post which was utter rubbish. backtrack now if you wish but it would amuse me if you explained "amplified twofold" :D

portobellojambo1
Good lord, he's awful.

If you are basing your judgement on yesterday's game it seems like a harsh conclusion to come to. The team, as a whole, failed to perform sufficiently well, hence the end result was we failed to win.

It was not a case of being let down by one or two players, none of the players on the park yesterday can be particularly happy about their level of performance.

cardboardcutout

the lads performances have not shown a level of ability that would suggest he is ever going to be anything but average but to be honest neither has glen's imo!!

I am honestly saying I thought it was an absurd post which was utter rubbish. backtrack now if you wish but it would amuse me if you explained "amplified twofold" :D

By having the two of them in the team we have twice as many of those deficiencies.

I'm hardly backtracking by saying I know they are different people am I?

As a 3rd or 4th choice right back he's not too bad. Can't really expect your reserves to be as good as the 1st team. Give him break.

Malcolm Tucker

Jason Thomson, is a horrific footballer.

I feel for the lad though. Gives 110%, and is a massive Jambo and you can see he really wants to do well for the team. For his team. Much like a certain M. Stewart...

However, unforunately, he hasn't got it. Released/sold at the end of the season IMO.

Archived