Stuart Cosgrove - todays Daily Record

vanman1

Now that's one journo I like. He has told it like, we all know it is, but still nothing will change. Time for all journo's to start talking like they cared about our game. Time for the governing bodies to unite and do away with all the paperwork. One governing body with all member clubs having an equal say and share of the finances.

no doubt his former employers will be having a pop at him soon, so that they can apees their paymasters, i like this man, lang may his lum reek

"irrespective of what foaming conspiracies happen to be slavering from their mouths"

this quote sums up the entire OF support for me, slavering morons.

Great article.

Maybe THATS WHY he's leaving the daliy record.

After getting that published he's been told to GTF!

Thats the best newspaper article I have read on Scottish Football.

Well said Cosgrove....I just wish you could have included a paragraph about your friends in the media who seem to think there are only two clubs in Scotland !

No wonder he's having to leave the Record. Two reasons.

1) He is far to knowledgeable for that rag

2) He dares to question the almighties.

Very good article.

great shame it's to be his last article for that rag. No longer will the Old Firm fans read or even hear a voice of reason.

Don't know how many of you noticed there is a voting system on the right hand side of his column. A few numbers would not make that much of a big deal, but I voted five out of five anyway. ;)

Carl Spackler
does anyone know where he will be going to?

used to love his radio show with big tam on a saturday!

Used to? it's still on! Magic programme.

Are you somewhere that you can't get Radio Scotland anymore?

I like his style, "gaun yersel big man" as they say. I find his wit a repartee (dont know how to spell that) on the saturday radio show excellent, along with Tam Cowan. I never read the Daily Blue in fact never buy any papers as the guff that is normally spouted (especially the Scotsman & Evening News) is totally out to scaremonger.:rolleyes:

He made some good points. To be honest i never really thought about the whole 1up 1down thing but it does seem unfair that if you come 2nd in 1st dev. by one point you still dont hav a 50% chance of promotion.

he also writes in the sunday times, last weekend he was arguing for the government to buy the rare northenn soul 45 being put up for sale by the edinburgh dj so as to "save it for the nation" in the same way as the titian painting. think it was tongue in cheek. hates the old firm and loves northern soul. top bloke!

What I can't understand though is ,why would the Daily Weeg publish this as it is so critical of the Uglies? The Record gets its 'exclusives' because of its pandering to them, that to openly criticise them is tantamount to blasphemy.

scots civil war

superb piece

respect to that man for having a go at the establishment

starving this country of taste and talent to feed the brand name of these ***** makes me want to vomit.....

even this morning on going into a costcutter shop and upon avin a squiz at the news stand from the queue,i caught both respective ogres own glossy publications in full view,no other clubs visible........

this,a mile from tynecastle

What I can't understand though is ,why would the Daily Weeg publish this as it is so critical of the Uglies? The Record gets its 'exclusives' because of its pandering to them, that to openly criticise them is tantamount to blasphemy.

judging by the content of a lot of cosgrove's earlier work for the ****** i think he had a fair bit of autonomy. can't imagine he'd be happy to write for them unless he was allowed to write what he wanted.

well done Stuart Cosgrove good article.SC talks a lot of sense, He's a big Northern Soul fan so I've always had a lot of time for him.

Remnants of Standards

hope mods dont mind this but myself and a few mates have got together to put an anti-old firm website together.

You can have a look at http://www.sleekitoldfirm.com - but please remember it is very much in it's infancy in terms of it's technical look.

We've put a few articles up after which reading you can comment on, or feel free to send in your thoughts/articles to us as long as it's not like the Old firm itself-racist or sectarian!

The idea came about after the 5% ticket clawback controversy at the start of the season hit the headlines. This was on top of their general sectarian baggage, their mind-bending arrogance in wanting away to england and the general stranglehold they have on the game here.

There seemed to be no voice for the ordinary fan of the other 36 clubs, so we hope to add to the debate on the future of the scottish game with or without the Old Firm here.

J.T.F.Robertson
he also writes in the sunday times, last weekend he was arguing for the government to buy the rare northenn soul 45 being put up for sale by the edinburgh dj so as to "save it for the nation" in the same way as the titian painting. think it was tongue in cheek. hates the old firm and loves northern soul. top bloke!

Certainly sounds like a decent sort.

I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists have not explained why the DR would let this come out against the OF?????

Its all part of the OF mafia preparation of the teeming, smelly hoardes for lean times. I have never seen so much type and words coming out of Glasgow saying - things are tough and bad - its going to get worse - accept it and button up.

Only can be a good thing for us - lets hope we can just skip in and take advantage of the relative shambles of the OF.

In fact all teams in the SPL should see that the dinosaurs are in a state and get right in their horrible faces game after game. This could be a sign that the rest EXPECT to take points of these wasters.

I'm feeling good about the run in to seasons end.

THE BEST ANALYSIS ARTICLE EVER PRINTED IN THAT RAG.

Of course I prefer to read reports on Hearts stuffing the OF, when it happens from time to time.

An Old-Firm bashing article from another attention-deficient tabloid journalist who wouldn't be given the time of day if he was writing about anyone other then, eh, the Old Firm. :laugh:

A fat Bill Leckie, only fatter.

An Old-Firm bashing article from another attention-deficient tabloid journalist who wouldn't be given the time of day if he was writing about anyone other then, eh, the Old Firm. :laugh:

HAHAHAHA get back tae *follow follow or *plastic paddy.com, ye dinnae like it when someone has the hee haws tae tell it how it is.... tube

*delete as appropriate

Always said I couldn't believe that Cosgrove wrote for that rag as he was far too intelligent, articulate and eloquent, three qualities that are the antithesis of a dismal, bigoted, biased, parochial. patronising pile of crap. Good on you Cosgrove, a swan - song to remember!

Who will replace him? Ian Paisley?

that has to be the biggest pile of sh**e i have ever read on here, and that's saying something..

as previously stated away back and play with whatever side of the bigot twins roadshow you belong to

"attention defficient"

pot-kettle!

Was trying to find a DIRECT link to SC but no joy

Want to xpress a postive response to SC on his DR article so hoping someone in cyber space may have a direct e mail / web address !?

Alex MacDonald
Was trying to find a DIRECT link to SC but no joy

Want to xpress a postive response to SC on his DR article so hoping someone in cyber space may have a direct e mail / web address !?

Just e-mail him at 'Off The Ball' http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/offtheball

I don't think you'll be the only one sending him a note of thanks.

Archived