Useless Forfar trivia

Winston Ingram

alwaysthereinspirit

Other useless trivia on Forfar is that they knocked us out off the cup once. One of my lowest days ever as a Hearts fan.:mad:

four winds jambo

Forfar's ground is called station park, yet NO senior club in England or Scotland is further from a railway station.

Forfar's ground is called station park, yet NO senior club in England or Scotland is further from a railway station.

I thought Peterhead were further from a train station 30 odd miles to Aberdeen however not sure how far Forfar is from places with a station

I had a business chat with their Vice chairman on monday and told them i hoped they stuffed the Currants Buns.

portobellojambo1

Forfar did have a railway station until about 1966/67/68 (ish), and also had a fairly large railway engine works at one point, which may go some way to explaining how the ground came by its name (although I am guessing).

I thought Peterhead were further from a train station 30 odd miles to Aberdeen however not sure how far Forfar is from places with a station

Nearest station is a toss up between Montrose and Arbroath.

portobellojambo1

From Wiki - The ground (Station Park, Forfar), as the name suggests, was once close to the town's railway station, situated on the ex-Caledonian Railway's main line from Aberdeen to Glasgow and London, but unfortunately this station was closed as part of the Beeching cuts. Ironically, Station Park is now one of the furthest Scottish League grounds from a railway station. (Peterhead's Balmoor ground is further.) As a result Station Park is best reached by road.

Archived