Barrett Builds a Trial at Hearts

Csaba's Broon Shoes

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the goal against Motherwell which is on this page and he takes it well IMO. Would be good to get another striker in as he is by far better than Callum Eliott.

You never know what he could do at Hearts with the supply he will get from Driver, Bruno and Obua.

Lets give the lad a chance first and see what he does! :D

:eek: I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. He played 6 games on loan at Wednesday in League 1 and even in that league he was garbage. Dog**** footballer.

I think in our current situatuion there is no harm at taking a look at guy's like Barrett. If he impresses and he is available then he should be utilised. We are not exactly in a position to be choosey!

Charlie-Brown

It's a TRIAL - he'll either impress the manager enough to win an extended stay or he won't.....he will either prove himself good enough (even just for a short term deal) or he'll leave.

Guest JamboRobbo
at livi being key here. hes had more than enough chances and is not good enough for us. found his level in div 1

and the key thing with Barret, is he was released by Falkirk. Falkirk.

Who would have thought that when Kirk Broadfoot signed for Rangers on a free that he would ever see the Rangers first team, let alone go onto become a regular for club and country??

Is Barrett really any worse than Clubfoot?

For years folk on here have been screaming for Vlad to stop picking the team and appoint a manager who is in charge. Now we have that, yet some folk are back in the old routine it seems.

Let Csaba decide on Barrett before you start foaming at the mouth - it's better for your health that way.

Guest JamboRobbo
Who would have thought that when Kirk Broadfoot signed for Rangers on a free that he would ever see the Rangers first team, let alone go onto become a regular for club and country??

Had broadfoot been released rather than their captain who was out of contract, you'd have a point.

I'm all for us trying to sign the best players doing well at other SPL clubs. But I think we're kidding ourselves if we think players freed by Falkirk are the answer.

This is an interesting thread from a pyschological perspective. Its a good instinctive guage of how low our opinion of the current set up at Hearts has been battered down IMO

A couple of years ago I sat through and contributed to threads where people have quite vehemently argued that Scott McDonald and Barry Robson and various other decent players were not "Hearts class". Not all opinions but something sembling a majority. Both have now played and scored in the Champs League

Not one such claim for a Falkirk reject. Interesting. Not a criticism just an observation.

I think the key thing here is Clum Elliott.

Do we really want to see this guy up front for Hearts again? Hell no. Anyone is an improvement.

Charlie-Brown

Interesting that those who bemoan the failure to sign a striker now moan at a prospective candidate, i suppose we shouldnt be surprised.

kingantti1874

if shabba thinks hes good enough that enough for a short term deal thats good enough for me...

we aint exactly blessed...

Interesting that those who bemoan the failure to sign a striker now moan at a prospective candidate, i suppose we shouldnt be surprised.

Personally I am not moaning about it, but your post basically attempts to strip people of an opinion that a Falkirk reject may just not prove to be a particularly appropriate or ambitious transfer target.

The natural extension of your argument is that because we are short of striker we should not moan at any new striker brought in no matter the standard.

The prospect of signing Barrett falls right bang into the middle of potential targets that I can perfectly well see people having a proper entitlement to moan about should they see fit

We are short of a striker and it is entirely plausible that somebody like Barrett is not the answer. Equally he could prove to be a revelation

But it certainly isnt cut and dry to the extent that you can go around trying to enforce some sort of censorship with glib comments about the usual moaners.

Talented player from what I have seen......seems to get a lot of major injuries hence his journeyman career to date.

Is he not quiet a short-ish stocky striker, very skilled technically, who could either play in the hole or play up front with Nad? or a target man.

Worth a shot until the end of the season as we are lacking any intelligence up front!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Personally I am not moaning about it, but your post basically attempts to strip people of an opinion that a Falkirk reject may just not prove to be a particularly appropriate or ambitious transfer target.

The natural extension of your argument is that because we are short of striker we should not moan at any new striker brought in no matter the standard.

The prospect of signing Barrett falls right bang into the middle of potential targets that I can perfectly well see people having a proper entitlement to moan about should they see fit

We are short of a striker and it is entirely plausible that somebody like Barrett is not the answer. Equally he could prove to be a revelation

But it certainly isnt cut and dry to the extent that you can go around trying to enforce some sort of censorship with glib comments about the usual moaners.

wot he said.

Charlie-Brown should stick to PMing Roman Romanov, and leave others to have their opinion on HMFC. :mw_rolleyes:

Talented player from what I have seen......seems to get a lot of major injuries hence his journeyman career to date.

Is he not quiet a short-ish stocky striker, very skilled technically, who could either play in the hole or play up front with Nad? or a target man.

Worth a shot until the end of the season as we are lacking any intelligence up front!!!

Good morning mr Barrett,welcome to jkb.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think the key thing here is Clum Elliott.

Do we really want to see this guy up front for Hearts again? Hell no. Anyone is an improvement.

Even Jamie Mole? :laugh:

I agree to an extent, but I do think Clum has earned an opportunity via his performances at Livi. Had Barret just banged in a load of goals, I'd be saying the same about him.

I don't always agree with you JR,but i'm with you on this one mate.

The fact we require a striker does not mean any player that has held that role will suffice, there has to be a certain level of ability there.

This guy has been injury prone for years. Years after showing potential his career has been one of downwards steps, it is hardly surprising that some are not jumping through cartwheels at the thought of his signature.

Charlie-Brown

If he prove's good enough to earn a deal then he is at least an extra option to compete with Nade, Elliot, Glen & hopefully Tullberg.

He's not even on trial! He's training with the club in the same way Alan Maybury and Neil McCann did when they didn't have a club.

He's not even on trial! He's training with the club in the same way Alan Maybury and Neil McCann did when they didn't have a club.

I think we all know why he is there training peanut.

If it was just for training facilities and not hoping to win a move,why not just stay and train with your old team.

I am sure yogi wouldn't refuse such an experienced player to help bring on the younger ones.

boy_in_maroon
He was red hot for Livi when we beat them 4-1 under Burley. Caused Elvis and Webster a lot of problems. Surprised his career never kicked off but maybe it is down to injuries as others have said.

so was clum:rolleyes:

If it was just for training facilities and not hoping to win a move,why not just stay and train with your old team.

I am sure yogi wouldn't refuse such an experienced player to help bring on the younger ones.

Yes I'm sure he wanted to keep training with the team that didn't want him.

At the moment we are only having a look at him.

We haven't signed him.

He hasn't committed rape or murder.

We are just having a look and if Csaba likes what he sees, all well and good.

We complain when (we think) Romanov picks the team as he should leave it to the professionals.

Why don't WE leave this to the professionals?

Funny enough when I heard that he had been released by Falkirk I said to myself get him in for a look at so it has happened. We must trust Csaba on this one, personally he has SPL experiance and a contract till the end of the season would be okay by me.

Grumpy.

Guest Dipped Flake
The fact we require a striker does not mean any player that has held that role will suffice, there has to be a certain level of ability there.

This guy has been injury prone for years. Years after showing potential his career has been one of downwards steps, it is hardly surprising that some are not jumping through cartwheels at the thought of his signature.

Not seen anyone jumping through??? cartwheels but I just can't see any problem with Hearts letting a forward train with them. If he looks good we could offer him a deal till the end of the season. If he looks crap, what is it costing us; extra hot water he uses in the shower???

He was released by Falkirk as he was their highest paid player

and was always injured!

Falkirks equivalent of Pinilla or Beslija then?

He was released by Falkirk as he was their highest paid player

and was always injured!

Looks like he has the credentials for us then.

Oh i forgot he's only training with us.

Even if he is "on trial" as it were, surely the lad will be absolutely delighted at being given a prospect of a move to a club the size of Hearts and will give nothing less than 100% at all times. This combined with a decent scoring record at this level and the fact that we have all the power (ie. he doesn't perform, cya later) suggests this is a no brainer for us.

That is supposing he is on trial.

Not seen anyone jumping through??? cartwheels but I just can't see any problem with Hearts letting a forward train with them. If he looks good we could offer him a deal till the end of the season. If he looks crap, what is it costing us; extra hot water he uses in the shower???

Arrggghh! Bloody mixed metaphors!

As for the rest, I don't disagree. All I was saying is I am more excited about the Lithuanian guy training with us; A player with a good track record and pedigree than a guy that has been freed by a team that are perennially below us.

This is an interesting thread from a pyschological perspective. Its a good instinctive guage of how low our opinion of the current set up at Hearts has been battered down IMO

A couple of years ago I sat through and contributed to threads where people have quite vehemently argued that Scott McDonald and Barry Robson and various other decent players were not "Hearts class". Not all opinions but something sembling a majority. Both have now played and scored in the Champs League

Not one such claim for a Falkirk reject. Interesting. Not a criticism just an observation.

I think you're forgetting that Graham Barrett used to be a Football Manager god, hence is guaranteed quality. :)

Marmeladent?rtchen
Looks like he has the credentials for us then.

Oh i forgot he's only training with us.

I think training is a trial without expences etc.

God I love Vlad sometimes!!! :laugh:

Guest Dipped Flake
Arrggghh! Bloody mixed metaphors!

As for the rest, I don't disagree. All I was saying is I am more excited about the Lithuanian guy training with us; A player with a good track record and pedigree than a guy that has been freed by a team that are perennially below us.

I would probably agree with you on this, the Lithuainian guy sounds exactly what we need at this time, with Berra and Zaliuskas out of the picture permanently and temporarily respectively.

I don't see anything wrong with having a look, if he's injury free now and match fit, he may do a job. If he doesn't cut it, move him on and we've lost nothing.

Falkirk have maybe moved him om for financial reasons, I remember him playing pretty well against us on a few occasions. Nothing to lose as far as I can see, why are some posters getting so uptight? Try him out FOR FREE!

Because that would be awkward for Yogi et al.

JKB also said that Jason Scotland was not Hearts class when he became out of contract at St Johnstone. He's done not too bad in Wales this season from what I've seen on Sky.

Football is a game of opinions. Hearts fans think Elliott is mince, yet professional SFA coaches continue to pick him for the Scotland U21's - who's right??

JKB also said that Jason Scotland was not Hearts class when he became out of contract at St Johnstone. He's done not too bad in Wales this season from what I've seen on Sky.

Football is a game of opinions. Hearts fans think Elliott is mince, yet professional SFA coaches continue to pick him for the Scotland U21's - who's right??

Somebody else said this the other day there, I will ask you the same as I asked him. You got a link for that?

I had a wee look about, found two posters that didn't rate him. One was a Hibs fan that went by the name of a famous fictional boxer and one other Hearts fan.

If you cannot find anything, I'd suggest that it is fiction.

Somebody else said this the other day there, I will ask you the same as I asked him. You got a link for that?

I had a wee look about, found two posters that didn't rate him. One was a Hibs fan that went by the name of a famous fictional boxer and one other Hearts fan.

If you cannot find anything, I'd suggest that it is fiction.

The man who practices Therapy said so.

Archived