Lee Wallace

Chambie15

Just making another thread and thought about mentioning lee wallace as nobody in recent weeks has really talked about him!

IMO i think Lee Wallace has been our most improved player this season as he has been tremendous at left back all season.

Now people think John Fleck should be getting a Scotland call up after a couple of good games.

What about Lee Wallace for Scotland? I know its a bit far-fetched but he has been a great player this season?

Give me your opinions please.

:D

Hardly far fetched, he has been a mainstay throughout the age groups.

Do you decide just to post loads of threads, then choose a topic?

Lee Wallace has been our most improved player this season. If he were playing for the Old Firm, or some 2nd rate OAP from a League 1 side, he'd be a shoe in for Scotland.

Which is why I can't respect the Scottish national side.

Jam Tarts 1874

Csaba has talked up Wallace's case for a Scotland place too. If Burley was not now being put under so much pressure by the weegies Wallace might have stood a chance of inclusion, but I suspect Burley is now just going to do what the Daily Rangers tells him to do.

Great to see Lee Wallace and Andy Driver getting a consistent go on our left side and build a good understanding with eachother.

I remember Driver coming on against ICT a couple of years ago and him and Wallace looked like they would form a great partnership down the left, which didn't really materialise till this year.

As an aside, when talking about great goals, a goal which is rarely mentioned was Lee Wallace running with the ball from the edge of our own box the length of the park and firing it in at Killie in Scottish Cup replay, what a belter that was.

I thought Lee had a quiet game on Saturday but is on a great run of form.

He has all the attributes of a very good player. Hopefully he will take on Gary Naysmith's Scotland jersey in time.

Optimus Prime

100% agree that he's been the most improved player this season. He's reaped the benefits from a stable structure at the club as opposed the the shambles of the last few season which contributed to players like himself and Callum Elliot losing their way a bit.

He was one of my least favourite players at the start of the season and now he's one of my favourites. I've given him a lot of stick due to his errors that always seemed to lead to goals but he seems to have cut those out of his game and become a really competent attacking full back.

Well done Lee, you're doing a great job.

Guest JamboRobbo
Great to see Lee Wallace and Andy Driver getting a consistent go on our left side and build a good understanding with eachother.

I remember Driver coming on against ICT a couple of years ago and him and Wallace looked like they would form a great partnership down the left, which didn't really materialise till this year.

Great partnership. Just a matter of giving them time to mature.

I thought he was terrible against Falkirk at the start of the season, but has defo improved and it appears he is building a great partnership with Driver.

jamboinglasgow

Lee Wallace has really developed this season and I think a lot of it is thanks to Csaba. Lee has developed his defending much better and coupled with Driver they are a dangerous pair on the left who can tear teams apart.

I think he will be a multi-million pound player like Berra, but a few seasons more under Csaba would be benifical for Wallace.

Also I think he deserves a call up to the Scotland squad, maybe not playing quite yet but we need young left backs as Naysmith and Alexander are either getting alot older or are ancient.

Definitely our most improved player this season and I'm glad we have him.

Just wish he had a wee bit more acceleration about him. IMO he would then be top class.

Having a great season so far.Good to see him pushing up more,his runs are great to watch.Well done Lee keep it going.Don't think we will see him in the Scotland squad until after this campaign.Then we can clear out all the old guard.

Didn't have a good start to the season but his performances have certainly picked up since then. International caps don't mean that much to myself anyway, I just hope he continues to do well for Hearts.

Libertonian_II
He was one of my least favourite players at the start of the season and now he's one of my favourites. I've given him a lot of stick due to his errors that always seemed to lead to goals but he seems to have cut those out of his game and become a really competent attacking full back.

Well done Lee, you're doing a great job.

I'd go along with that. I'm not Laszlo's greatest fan, but it does seem that he can get the best out of some players

lee roberto wallace thats wit a call him he is coming on well gets more involved

he also has a spud gun an he shots hobos . :108years:

BlackhallJambo
Lee Wallace has really developed this season and I think a lot of it is thanks to Csaba. Lee has developed his defending much better and coupled with Driver they are a dangerous pair on the left who can tear teams apart.

I think he will be a multi-million pound player like Berra, but a few seasons more under Csaba would be benifical for Wallace.

Also I think he deserves a call up to the Scotland squad, maybe not playing quite yet but we need young left backs as Naysmith and Alexander are either getting alot older or are ancient.

Just a pity Csaba has swapped Driver and Obua!

Archived