Well done Stephen Frail (merged threads)

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I know this is not often said but well done to Frail.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1558767,00.html

coming on and rubbishing the papers for claiming he has not got paid by Romanov. Another week and we the see again that the papers will print anything.

Also I know Frail was not a great manager but he was a good youth coach and so its good to see that he is now an important part of the Scottish FA's youth initiative coaching programme.

ToadKiller Dog

Frail takes time to say that the stories about him being due monies from hearts were a lot of fairy tales made up by the two story tellers that he met.

Stephen Frail took time out of his busy schedule within the Scottish FA's youth initiative coaching programme this morning to dismiss suggestions in a couple of Sunday newspapers that he was waiting for any payment from Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov or the club.

Stevie was quick to call Hearts News this morning to dispel any suggestion that he was waiting for payment.

He said: "I don't know where that came from. I certainly spoke to both journalists but I can confirm that I was paid everything I was due at the end of my spell with Hearts.

"I really hope that these articles don't mislead the fans or other clubs and that's why I want to make the situation absolutely

Hmm confirms that a lot of bull**** is spread about our club .

Frail takes time to say that the stories about him being due monies from hearts were a lot of fairy tales made up by the two story tellers that he met.

Hmm confirms that a lot of bull**** is spread about our club .

If what SF says is true (that he has been fully paid), I think it is time HMFC were taking legal action against these papers and making an example of them.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1558767,00.html

coming on and rubbishing the papers for claiming he has not got paid by Romanov. Another week and we the see again that the papers will print anything.

Also I know Frail was not a great manager but he was a good youth coach and so its good to see that he is now an important part of the Scottish FA's youth initiative coaching programme.

Good of Frail to come out and put the record straight and i am assuming Vlad will now be suing the paper concerned.

Drylaw Hearts

He didn't need to do that.

Well done Shaggy.

ToadKiller Dog
If what SF says is true (that he has been fully paid), I think it is time HMFC were taking legal action against these papers and making an example of them.

Not sure if legal action would get any where accept a tiny bit on page 48 under the chat line adverts saying sorry we got it wrong ,but it shows people should not get worked up over newspaper talk until they get the real facts for themselves.

Newspapers/reporters (wont call them journalists because they are not of that class) always have an agenda

Agree 100%. It's about time we hit back at these lying barstewards. :mad:

Francis Albert

Of course Vlad may have imposed the gagging order and forced Frail to retract ...

Would have been more convincing if Frail had spoken to someone other than Hearts World.

Not that I am particularly bothered. Lomg running disputes about compensation on leaving are hardly news, except where Hearts are concerned.

Drylaw Hearts
any idea who the two journalists are who were reporting that Frail hadn't been paid?

Scott McDermott (who?) put his name to the story in the Sunday Mail.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I read one of these articles yesterday morning before i returned home in either the NOTW or the Sunday Mail.

Would be nice to see their names on here so that a few complaints could be sent to the relevant newspapers and an official statement released by the club about banning these individuals until public apologise are made and it would be interesting to find out why they have written the untruths in the 1st place.

Name and shame them.

Breath my wont holding be.

I doth my cap to you Stephen Frail.

Bravo sir.

:fing10:

Of course Vlad may have imposed the gagging order and forced Frail to retract ...

Would have been more convincing if Frail had spoken to someone other than Hearts World.

Not that I am particularly bothered. Lomg running disputes about compensation on leaving are hardly news, except where Hearts are concerned.

ER...does a gagging order mean you can't issue any public statements including retractions?

Also who should Frail have spoken to? Do you really think any paper would want to print a story that was not negative against Romanov?

Charlie-Brown

Why didnt we read anything about all the back money Chris Burke was overdue until he was 'sold' to Cardiff effectively a free transfer as far as Rangers were concerned.

Drylaw Hearts
Why didnt we read anything about all the back money Chris Burke was overdue until he was 'sold' to Cardiff effectively a free transfer as far as Rangers were concerned.

Maybe nobody knew.

loveofthegame

Stevie Frail has taken a lot of stick on here from some. Never had any reason myself to have a go. Was working under incredibly difficult conditions at a level higher than he was ready for (even if conditions had been perfect).

He consistently reiterated the fact that he could not quit as he had a family to look after and a mortgage to pay so those who come on here and call him ''spineless'' and the like are a bit out of order imo.

Well done on coming out and stating the fact Stevie, it wasn't necessary but its nice to see.

Drylaw Hearts
If it is the case, I would imagine it was a case of nobody wanted to know, never mind print it.

I don't know why people act surprised or question the reporting of football within the Scottish media Cigaro.

It's completely geared towards the OF.

Stevie Frail has taken a lot of stick on here from some. Never had any reason myself to have a go. Was working in under incredibly difficult conditions at a level higher than he was ready for (even if conditions had been perfect).

He consistently reiterated the fact that he could not quit as he had a family to look after and a mortgage to pay so those who come on here and call him ''spineless'' and the like are a bit out of order imo.

Well done on coming out and stating the fact Stevie, it wasn't necessary but its nice to see.

Agree completely. He should never have been given the job but that's hardly his fault.

Walter Bishop

I heard something about this? Was it true that in a roundabout way the ?150k

transfer fee;) went straight into Burke`s hip pocket?

I don't know why people act surprised or question the reporting of football within the Scottish media Cigaro.

It's completely geared towards the OF.

:eek:

What?!

When did this happen?

I only read papers on a Sunday, and that because I'm at work and they are lying about in the canteen.

If we lose, I skim over it quickly, if we win I read the reports.

All my football news comes from here.

Drylaw Hearts
:eek:

What?!

When did this happen?

I only read papers on a Sunday, and that because I'm at work and they are lying about in the canteen.

If we lose, I skim over it quickly, if we win I read the reports.

All my football news comes from here.

I try and not read them at all.

:)

Walter Bishop

Stevie Frail: I'm still owed money by Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov

Feb 15 2009 By Scott Mcdermott

STEVIE FRAIL has revealed he's still to be paid up by Hearts and admits he was disappointed when Jambos supremo Vladmir Romanov had a pop at him when he left.

Former Tynecastle boss Frail was in charge for six turbulent months before being publicly dismissed by Lithuanian owner Romanov.

He was ordered to stay away from training in July as Hearts started a search for a new manager.

Frail has never criticised the club or their mad cap owner. But he admits he was hurt by Romanov's comments - when he claimed Frail would have been sacked anyway if he'd been Hearts boss from the start of last season.

Stevie said: "I loved every minute of my time as Hearts manager. No-one could fail to learn from the experience.

"There were so many players of different nationalities and managing such a mixed group was challenging.

"I feel my record was good and that people will look favourably on that if another opportunity arises.

"But I won't fully sever my ties with the club until I get the financial side sorted out.

"I was disappointed at the way things ended. I could have got involved in a war of words but I kept my dignity.

"Then Romanov says if I'd been there since the start of the season I'd still have got the sack. It was unnecessary and disrespectful."

After six months out of the game Frail is now overseeing youth initiatives at Scottish clubs as part of the SFA's coaching programme.

Stevie said: "The SFA have a good youth programme and it's my job to make sure it is properly implemented.

"I make sure clubs have the right coaches, training practices and facilities. From next year itwill be mandatory from Under-17s down toU-11s.

"I miss the intensity of working day to day at a club like Hearts. It's not a come down but it is very different.

"My ambition is still to get back in to management and the SFA are fully aware and supportive of that."

Maybe now fans will learn that when the rags print stories that we should not take them literally as being the gospel truth whatsoever!!!

No doubt we'd be wasting our time but here's the Sunday hun's contact e-mail address:

[email protected]

.............or maybe George Cheyne, sports editor would be better.

[email protected]

Here's my effort, sent today.

Mr. Cheyne, no doubt now that one of your hacks, Scott Mcdermott has been exposed as telling blatant lies, the long suffering Hearts supporters, Heart of Midlothian F.C. and in particular Stevie Frail can surely expect a full apology?

I await with bated breath.

Of course, only until the next batch of mischief making and anti Hearts rubbish is printed in your incredibly biased west of scotland rag. ( In my opinion )

sincerely

R Young

Penicuik

****ing unbelievable.... and yet so believable.

why are these clowns still allowed into tynie and riccarton? we should have had the whole lot banned well before now.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
.............or maybe George Cheyne, sports editor would be better.

[email protected]

Here's my effort, sent today.

Mr. Cheyne, no doubt now that one of your hacks, Scott Mcdermott has been exposed as telling blatant lies, the long suffering Hearts supporters, Heart of Midlothian F.C. and in particular Stevie Frail can surely expect a full apology?

I await with bated breath.

Of course, only until the next batch of mischief making and anti Hearts rubbish is printed in your incredibly biased west of scotland rag. ( In my opinion )

sincerely

R Young

Penicuik

I sent something similar.

Francis Albert
ER...does a gagging order mean you can't issue any public statements including retractions?

Also who should Frail have spoken to? Do you really think any paper would want to print a story that was not negative against Romanov?

First, my post was just an attempt to pre-empt the obvious conspiracy theory.

Second, maybe not - but it would be even more damning if Frail had asked the papers concerned to retract their story. Perhaps he has.

First, my post was just an attempt to pre-empt the obvious conspiracy theory.

Second, maybe not - but it would be even more damning if Frail had asked the papers concerned to retract their story. Perhaps he has.

indeed

Well done Stevie. It shows once more that he is a really decent guy who cares about the club because he really didn't need to do that.

Also just shows the idiots that we have to suffer in the press.

I heard something about this? Was it true that in a roundabout way the ?150k

transfer fee;) went straight into Burke`s hip pocket?

If you play Football Manager you are very much aware how much it costs to boot a player from his contract when offering the old "mutual termination"

Now we can look forward to attacks on Frail in all our wonderful Scottish Media outlets. I suspect telling the truth may harm his career; I hope not.

Thing is in the Sunday Mail, the reporter doesnt actually mention that Frail is due money. It's the headline writers at it again.

One of my mates is a journo and this peevs him off from time to time. He submits a story with either no bias, or what he sees is the correct slant and the sub-editors slap a ridiculous headline on it having tried to sensationalise an unsensational quote or story.

Not standing up for the ****bags, just the way it is i reckon

Normally these articles are completely sensationalised and in truth just contain a rehashed load of Rumour and suggestion - source within etc etc. However this article contains what are alleged to be CLEAR QUOTES from SF ?

Can this be allowed to go unpunished.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really hope the club sue Mirror Group over this. At the very least, a retraction and apology on the back page should be demanded.

Stevie Frail has taken a lot of stick on here from some. Never had any reason myself to have a go. Was working under incredibly difficult conditions at a level higher than he was ready for (even if conditions had been perfect).

I agree.

Stevie Frail gave 110% to Hearts.Maybe the results did not go in the right direction in the short time he was in charge of the team but he did walk away with his head held high and does not deserve the stick he gets from some quarters.Sure it wont be long before he gets another opportunity.

Archived