Darren Mackie

jambojamie

Everytime i have seen him i think he has been class.

I think he could solve our striking crisis. He could do a job for us anyone else think so?

:flag1::Hearts Man spotrun:

As much as i agree with u, Darren Mackie isn't the answer to our striker problem. I feel we need someone with more strength and regular goals. He has only scored 6 this season! Suppose though...better than our players this season lol

Just signed a 3 year contract with the Dons last week.

Oh aii.

thats coz he wants the money from the testimonial eh?;)

As much as i agree with u, Darren Mackie isn't the answer to our striker problem. I feel we need someone with more strength and regular goals. He has only scored 6 this season! Suppose though...better than our players this season lol

what servie is he getting though.

Balls from bruno and stewart would much suit his game not think?

Like the rest of you commenting I have always rated him, and yet when I hear Aberdeen fans talking about him they always seem to be slagging him off

what servie is he getting though.

Balls from bruno and stewart would much suit his game not think?

Not stewart lol...but defo Bruno...if Bruno can cross the ball like he did for our first goal more often and mackie or someone like that on the end of it we'd be laughing!

I think he could solve our striking crisis. He could do a job for us anyone else think so?

Ive a sheep romancer for a mate who assures me he is total gash. Does nothing for weeks then scores a peach classic mackie, he was stunned he got a new contract. I believe he actually has a ratio of 1 in 6!!!!

Nade and Mackie we'd be tearing our hair out

Not stewart lol...but defo Bruno...if Bruno can cross the ball like he did for our first goal more often and mackie or someone like that on the end of it we'd be laughing!

lol exactly my point but stewart does have his moments.

:laugh:

Is this a wind up?

I know a couple of Aberdeen fans and they cannot stand the guy. They pretty much all think he's one of the worst players in the league.

do you go to games or you just sit on this?

:greggs_logo:

Says the one suggesting Darren Mackie:laugh:

Let's look at the stats shall we...

This season...

27 games, 6 goals

That's one goal every 4.5 games

Last season...

26 games, 5 goals

That's one goal every 4.3 games

Do we need a 26 year old who scores 7/8 goals a season who is already on a 3 year deal (and is also disliked by most of his own fans)? No.

I suggest we look elsewhere.

Mackie is awful. Check the sites for the response from the Aberdeen fans on him getting a new contract, most of them are not happy with it. He's had two good seasons in about ten years. Scoring 15 and 13 goals, he's never managed over 10 any other season. His goal yesterday, while a beaut, was his first in 11 games.

He has pace but he is not a consistent goalscorer and his finishing is generally poor.

In all honesty, I'd rather have Nade. At least he brings something to the rest of the team when he doesn't score, all Mackie does is stretch the pitch occasionally.

The People's Chimp
He is utter, utter keech, trust me. I have to live up in sheepland, most dons fans think he is total pish.

Agreed. He is compely tom kite. The dons fans think he's pesh as well.

His finishing is erratic at best.

As with many comments above the couple of sheep fans i know are furious they signed him on a 3 year deal. They se he is one of tango's favourites yet they can't understand why as he's tom kite. They say that Mackie on a 3 year deal tells you everything about the ambition of codheid FC.

Thig Ar Latha

Mackie is a player who has plenty pace and energy, but runs atound like a 'heidless chicken' All his goals are great goals, but if he has time to stop, look and think about his options he totally runs out of ideas and even the easiest chances are lost.

He played well on loan at Caley in the first division a few years ago and I reckon thats the limit of his ability.

heartgarfunkel

He can be a right dirty barsteward - he's put in some sneaky shockers on Hearts players over the years. Like that ham shanker Brian Irvine, he seems immune from refs at Tynecastle.

I seem to remember a story about Mackie getting boo'd all the time of his own fans

That said, he is certainly no worse than most of the strikers we have had over the past couple of years.

I do, however, still wish we had managed to keep Lee Miller. I know how detestable he has become now - but its that sort of player it is often good to have in your team as opposed to somebody elses

C'est la vie however

Thig Ar Latha
He can be a right dirty barsteward - he's put in some sneaky shockers on Hearts players over the years. Like that ham shanker Brian Irvine, he seems immune from refs at Tynecastle.

Was it Mackie who put in the late flying challenge on Neilson after the final whistle that started the scrap at Pitroddrie this season?

heartgarfunkel
Was it Mackie who put in the late flying challenge on Neilson after the final whistle that started the scrap at Pitroddrie this season?

Not totally sure, but it's his style.

Nope, that was his first goal this season, not exactly a potent striker

I know a fair few Aberdeen fans, to a man they say that Mackie is unspeakably gash. Worst.....signing......suggestion....ever.:eek:

Archived