why are weekends so short?

kitster

Is it just me ... or do you blink and it's feckin sunday night again?

Highlights of my weekend..obviously 3 points in the bag against tangoman and his tribe (even on valentine's day there is nothing to love about them is there?)..and my toddler son giving me a a dozen red roses saying mummy I love you!..priceless.

Oh well at least that reminds me of why i get up every morning I spose lol

If I was ever in government, then along with banning the private sale of fireworks, one of the first things I'd do is extend weekends to three days length. I'm absolutely convinced it'd result in far greater productivity from workers during the rest of the week, and lead to a happier workforce too.

If I was ever in government, then along with banning the private sale of fireworks, one of the first things I'd do is extend weekends to three days length. I'm absolutely convinced it'd result in far greater productivity from workers during the rest of the week, and lead to a happier workforce too.

Fireworks are cool.:D

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

And lead to a shorter lifespan for us Scots.

drunk-asshole.jpg

Fireworks are cool.:D

Not for OAPs, cats or dogs they're not! Nation of pet lovers, my arse. :mad:

Shaun I couldn't agree more..I am with you on the lobby about fireworks.why waste your cash on them? they are generally rubbish DIY and at new year my son woke up scared to death by them..they also lame and injure people..there are plenty better public displays going on IMO

as for alan..well yeah i take your point as well lol

night folks

And lead to a shorter lifespan for us Scots.

drunk-asshole.jpg

Ah - but how about if I offered a referendum too?

Re: Secession from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

To the people of Scotland,

Do you wish to secede from the Act of Union of 1707? The government of Her Britannic Majesty assures you that it believes in the principle of self-determination, so is delighted to allow you your binding say via plebiscite. It would also point you towards the recent four-day week implemented within the UK, and warn you that no such undertaking has been made by proponents of secession.

If you are in favour of secession, place an X here:

If you are opposed to secession, place an X here:

The government of Her Britannic Majesty thanks you for your kind attention. We remain, Sirs, your most humble and obedient servants.

Nationalist principle or more alcohol? I wonder what the results would be? :)

Carl Fredrickson

I agree that weekends are too short, so thanks to flexitime I do 3 long shifts on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday and work 7am-1pm on Friday - then I am out of the office until the following Tuesday.

It means the weekend is as long as the working week!

Weekends are short as they are weekends.

If they were longer they would be called weeks, and you would still be working.

Stop moaning and get back to wishing you were a student.:cheese:

Was back home for the weekend. Out on the sauce Thur, Fri, Sat and sun afternoon. Went past in the blink of an eye.

Feel horrific today, my kidneys are unbelievably painful (surely not a good sign) and i look/feel like ****.

Good fun though I couldnt sleep last night even though i was goosed. Cannae wait to get home to my bed!

I get rather excited on a Friday afternoon as I finish work around 1pm.

Getting up at 4.30am mon-fri means that I relish the weekend lie ins (7.30am)!

I suppose you should try to make your life as enjoyable during the week as it is at the weekend so that you can have some inner happines.

Praise jesus.

chester copperpot

I get up 6.30 am Mon-Fri due to commitments at work in Edinburgh and living in the Weeg.

Love Sat Am's where I get to sleep in until 8am, then take my laddie to his football game (Yes, they've moved the KO from 10.30am, to 9am).

Weekends are cool, if there's not a game on, catch up with the family, if game is on, catch up with mates.

Archived