A Big Thanks To Charlie Richmond........

Grendel

Gimme an H...
for that wonderful advantage you gave us which led to our winning goal.

Now that was a good refereeing decision.

Agreed on that decision and Dazo's but lets still not also forget that until that he was horrendous. Not just against us but gave a few shi ite decisions for us aswel which I would be raging about if I were a sheep.

We won though. :)

Don't forget he also overturned the linesman's decision to give aberdeen a throw which lead to our first goal.

The linesman was rubbish today. Richmond may have over-ruled the linesman, but he was 100% correct at the time.

Thought he made some awful decisions for both teams TBH. Although there is the age old "play the whistle" fact, Richmond and Lee Miller could just about have stopped for tea while they had their wee chat about whether Miller fouled Wallace, then when Richmond came back to reality he saw Obua standing with the ball and waved play on.

I'd be angry with that if I was an Aberdeen fan because although he didn't blow his whistle the entire game pretty much stopped for a couple of seconds.

That aside there were a lot a weird decisions for both sides and wild inconsistencies as we've come to expect in Scottish football.

I am convinced I heard him whistle and then play on. Was I hearing things? Couldn't beleive he allowed the advantage, the only right thing he did all game. Gave them everything and penalised us for absolutly nothing at times. Also thought Driver had fecked up with heading the ball right at Langfeild and was surprised to see it go in. Well played the whole team in the second half even Stewart gets pass marks.

HillmanHearts

Charlie made a couple of mistakes - but I thought he was pretty fair overall. So much less a cheat than MacDonald or Brines. His linesmen were cocks tho. Foul against Nade early in the first have flagged by the standside linesman was a complete joke - basically the Sheep Shagger rammed into Nade & bounced of him coz Nads was just too strong - so the fud piece linesman flags a foul for the Cod heids. Then his mate on the other side gets in on the act but is over-ruled by the ref. Decent Ref performance today ( tho the Foster ( i think ) two footed lunch at Nade could well have been a red! ).

for that wonderful advantage you gave us which led to our winning goal.

Now that was a good refereeing decision.

Best refereeing decision of the season so far!

Top marks that man! :)

Charlie made a couple of mistakes - but I thought he was pretty fair overall. So much less a cheat than MacDonald or Brines. His linesmen were cocks tho. Foul against Nade early in the first have flagged by the standside linesman was a complete joke - basically the Sheep Shagger rammed into Nade & bounced of him coz Nads was just too strong - so the fud piece linesman flags a foul for the Cod heids. Then his mate on the other side gets in on the act but is over-ruled by the ref. Decent Ref performance today ( tho the Foster ( i think ) two footed lunch at Nade could well have been a red! ).

I thought Fosters tackle was as clear a straight red you are likely to see.

Richmond got some decisions wrong for and against us , I can handle that it's only human to make mistakes , but the advantage for the winner was excellent , fairest ref for awhile

I thought Fosters tackle was as clear a straight red you are likely to see.

Richmond got some decisions wrong for and against us , I can handle that it's only human to make mistakes , but the advantage for the winner was excellent , fairest ref for awhile

Agree with what you're saying but the yellow for Nade was a feckin joke

The yellow for Stewart because they couldn't becide who was taking the throw, was the first I have seen. If it was for time wasting then what about Langfeild after their goal?

The yellow for Stewart because they couldn't becide who was taking the throw, was the first I have seen. If it was for time wasting then what about Langfeild after their goal?

That was careless of stewart. Everyone knows the fullbacks take the throws and he should have just left Lee to saunter up if he wanted to run the clock down.

That was careless of stewart. Everyone knows the fullbacks take the throws and he should have just left Lee to saunter up if he wanted to run the clock down.

I don't suppose me taking an absolute age to return the ball from section t helped his case any. :o

Ach well, it was only Michael Stewart. :laugh:

In fairness the couple of throw ins before that were taken by midfielders with the fullbacks staying back, I can understand where the confusion came from

Footballfirst

I didn't think the ref was too bad. A bit over fussy at times but generally consistent. I think he was aware that Hearts v Sheep games could get quite physical so he kept a tight rein on things. I agree that the linesmen were a bit suspect though.

I've seen a lot worse this season and would quite happily take Richmond as a ref for future games.

I thought that Gary Mackay was spot on when he said a half time that Hearts should take encouragement from a ref that was willing to overrule a linesman for a change.

Some very poor decisions both ways IMO.

I was screaming for the free kick at the second goal tbh:o

And he was right over ruling the lino for our throw. It was definitely a Hearts throw in, and how the linesman missed that is unbelievable.

At the time when he played advantage for the goal i shouted"where's the feckin advantage" shows you what i know!!!!

I shouted the exact same.

:laugh:

The Marooney Meister

I thought he gave the sheep an awful lot of petty fouls today, but I did like the way he tried to play advantage at every opportunity like they do in rugby. Sometime this leads to frustration for us fans but surely it's better than the ref who blows as soon as there is contact, as proved by our winner :D.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I thought the ref was strange in that he was really quick to book players for technicalities, eg Stewart's for "time-wasting" and Driver's for celebrating, yet he seemed reluctant to book players for some shocking tackles!

However, I reckon that's one of the best ref-ing performances we've seen this season. I know that's not saying much but....!

What's with the guy man handling players and pushing them.I noticed it yesterday and it's not the first time I have seen him do it.Yesterday he pushed Bruno out the way at an Aberdeen freekick then yelled abuse at him.Can you imagine if that was the other way about the guy would be straight on his arse.

Toxteth O'Grady
I thought the ref was strange in that he was really quick to book players for technicalities, eg Stewart's for "time-wasting" and Driver's for celebrating, yet he seemed reluctant to book players for some shocking tackles!

Especially Aberdeen players.

I also thought he was a bit too keen to stop the game every time an Aberdeen player decided to have a lie down on the ground when we were attacking, even though it was obvious that there was nothing wrong with them.

The advantage was a strange one, he had to encourage Obua to play on, the Aberdeen defence had switched off but Driver was alert:)

At the time when he played advantage for the goal i shouted"where's the feckin advantage" shows you what i know!!!!

I thought the same.

Obaua was stuck in the corner and Driver was the only Hearts player in the box. There was no advantage.

Inspite of the referee making the wrong decision, Obua put in a fantastic cross and Driver took advantage of shocking ball watching from Mulgrew.

I thought the same.

Obaua was stuck in the corner and Driver was the only Hearts player in the box. There was no advantage.

Inspite of the referee making the wrong decision, Obua put in a fantastic cross and Driver took advantage of shocking ball watching from Mulgrew.

It was the fact that Obua actually stops,expecting the foul.

If advantage had been played when a wingers in full flow down the wing yoe can see the point but Obua was stuck in a corner at a standstill,what a ball it was that he put in though.

Francis Albert

... and Miller protests that it wasn't a foul. I suppose the ref did play advantage rather than accept Miller's protest, but Miller must have felt a bit of a tit when the goal went in.

Miller Jambo 60
Some very poor decisions both ways IMO.

I was screaming for the free kick at the second goal tbh:o

And he was right over ruling the lino for our throw. It was definitely a Hearts throw in, and how the linesman missed that is unbelievable.

Only saw him for 20 mins:eek:

NO COMMENT

Archived