Player Ratings

EH23-Jambo

I'd be grateful for people who were at the game to give the players marks out of ten..............

I couldn't attend due to work, working the morn as well...... BOO!

Balogh 6 - good handling generally, great distribution, no chance with goal

Neilson 7 - passing a bit iffy as usual, defended well

Jonsson 5 - struggled, lost for goal

Karipidis 6 - did his job

Wallace 6 - ok

Obua 8 - two assists, won all his headers, much better

Stewart 5 - headless chicken

Aguiar 6 - better than last week

Driver 6 - actually had a quiet game despite the goal

Glen 6 - again, better than last week, didn't let his head go down, few moments of brilliance

Nade 9 - awesome

Palazuelos 6 - did what was required

Mrowiec 8 - first touch? Crunching tackle on the halfway line :D

Balogh - 7

Neilson - 6

Karipidis - 7

Jonsson - 7

Wallace - 7

Obua - 8

Stewart - 7

Aguiar - 7

Driver - 8

Glen - 6

Nade - 9

Balogh 5 - Looked a bit dodgy with cross balls, felt he should have came for the ball for their goal.

Neilson 7 - Slow and lacks any sort of passing ability but as a right back he is our best.

Jonsson 6 - Not a centre half, however gives endless effort.

Karipidis 6 - Decent shift maybe lost a little edge with him being in midfield for so long.

Wallace 6 - Decent

Obua 8 - Huge effort from him today, a hand in both goals.

Stewart 6 - Usual unfair criticism from the stands however I thought he done ok.

Aguiar 6 - Decent

Driver 6 - Very quiet until the goal.

Glen 6 - Done well but did not carry much luck today. Will come good has the talent is there IMO.

Nade 8 - Another one who put in a great shift.

Balogh - 7 Should have came out for there goal, but made up for his mistake.

Neilson - 6

Karipidis - 7 He put himself out of position for their goal with a rush to the head

Jonsson - 6

Wallace - 6 Anonymous in the first half

Obua - 9 Just got better and better

Stewart - 7

Aguiar - 7

Driver - 7

Glen - 6

Nade - 8

______

Balogh 5 - Looked a bit dodgy with cross balls, felt he should have came for the ball for their goal.

Neilson 7 - Slow and lacks any sort of passing ability but as a right back he is our best.

Jonsson 6 - Not a centre half, however gives endless effort.

Karipidis 6 - Decent shift maybe lost a little edge with him being in midfield for so long.

Wallace 6 - Decent

Obua 8 - Huge effort from him today, a hand in both goals.

Stewart 6 - Usual unfair criticism from the stands however I thought he done ok.

Aguiar 6 - Decent

Driver 6 - Very quiet until the goal.

Glen 6 - Done well but did not carry much luck today. Will come good has the talent is there IMO.

Nade 8 - Another one who put in a great shift.

I was definitely watching the same game as you, would agree with everything there. An extra point for Michael Stewart, who I thought had a really good game actually, and maybe Balogh (who did make an error for the goal but handled well generally) and I'd be happy.

I honestly don't see how Balogh could have come out for their goal, Jonsson should have had it and totally fluffed it up. I'm sure Mackie was outside the box when he hit it, and it was a brilliant goal.

Balogh - 6 horrible lack of communication with Eggert allowed their goal

Neilson - 6 Solid and kept running

Karipidis - 7 Caught half way up the pitch on the right when they scored

Jonsson - 5 see Balloch

Wallace - 7 defended well. not so inflential going forward.

Obua - 8 two assists, won most headers and composed on the ball

Stewart - 5 headless chicken routine, 2 footed tackles. Loads of effort

Aguiar - 7 neat on the ball but gave a few away today. Great ball to Obua

Driver - 7 good goal aside, didn't quite come off for him today.

Glen - 4 out of his depth. Needs games

Nade - 9 what can I say ? apart from the odd ignored passing opportunity - brilliant.

All in all a great team effort. Well done Csaba - the shape worked.

Balogh 6 - Good performance but still unsure about his punches.

Neilson 6 - defended well but really poor with the ball.

Jonsson 6 - average, slow with their goal.

Karipidis 7 - solid at the back.

Wallace 6 - fairly quiet.

Obua 9 - two assists, great runs, tackles, headers. MOTM

Stewart 6 - put in a shift, good o the ball, mad of it.

Aguiar 7 - played well, free kick were poor.

Driver 7 - did well running at their full backs and score the goal.

Glen 6 - never gave up, struggled a bit with strength of the gamw

Nade 9 - brilliant!! Held up the ball really well, ran really well and good goal.

---------

Palazuelos 6 - did what was required

Mrowiec 7 - Brilliant tackle as soon as he came on, chased everything.

Get Ruben back in for mikey and i think thats our strongest team.

Not in the same league as Stewart. Certainly not been missed

Balogh 6. Couple of punches when he should have been catching but otherwise OK

Neilson 6. Passes going astray all day but did awright defensively

Jonnson 4. Can play in many positions. Centre half will never be one of them

Hopeless for their goal

Karapidis 7. Our best defender. Organised and composed

Wallace 6 A quiet game but sound enough

Obua 8 Came on to a brilliant game.Assists for both Hearts goals but did so much more than that

Stewart 7. Pretty good today. None of the usual heedless chicken stuff

Aquiar 6. Decent enough but nothing spectacular

Driver 5. Poor first half. Much better second

Glen 4 Game passed him by for the most part. Cant play the position he is being asked to play

Nade 9. Superb lone striker performance all round and more importantly, scored. MOTM.

Subs 4 each

I honestly don't see how Balogh could have come out for their goal, Jonsson should have had it and totally fluffed it up. I'm sure Mackie was outside the box when he hit it, and it was a brilliant goal.

I would need to see it again Peanut but the ball came a long way and landed well into his box. I thought he should have came for it but I agree I didn't think Eggert covered himself in glory either.

Balogh - 8 Dealt with everything thrown at him.

Neilson - 6 Steady performance, although not his best

Karipidis - 7 good job and a good amount of it!

Jonsson - 7 steady

Wallace - 7 Perfomed well

Obua - 9 Anothe huge step towards becoming a quality player for HMFC

Stewart - 7 Hit and miss today, good shift though

Aguiar - 7 see stewart

Driver - 6 apart from the goal, failed to make a real impact

Glen - 6 Found it tough today

Nade - 9 Quality and looks like the real deal. ball sticks ;like glue and it's good to watch.

You're having a laugh!! Certainly Stewart's in a league of his own he's so gash.

peebles jambo

balogh 7 some good saves, not sure if he could have done a bit more at thier goal

robbie 4 couldn't pass water, got slightly better in the second half

jonsonn 5 like a fish out of water

kari 7 our best defender

wallace 6 not his best game, but steady enough

obua 9 man of the match for me

stewart 7 never gives up, some wayward passes let him down again, but gives you everything

bruno 7 resonable game, poor by his standards

driver 7 could probably have done with more of the ball

glen 6 needs to shoot a bit more, but done ok

nade 8 a fantastic second half and a very good goal

pally 5 didn't get a lot of time

mrowiec 5 great first touch

all in all a great result

peebles jambo
You're having a laugh!! Certainly Stewart's in a league of his own he's so gash.

why can't we get off his back, i thought he had a good game today, never stops running, always tries his hardest, and he's a jambo ffs

Balogh 6 Safe enough, recovered well after goal.

Neilson 5 Nothing better than ok.

Jonsson 5 Along with Balogh could have done better at goal(communication), few sloppy moments, better second half. Would rather see him in midfield or right back.

Karipidis 6 Dodgy first half, better second.

Wallace 6 Did okay

Stewart 5 Has now become a huffer and puffer

Bruno 6 Poor first half, poor set piece distribution, come into it more as the second half went on.

Obua 7 My MOTM, great shift

Driver 7 Did well on the right, good header for the goal.

Glen 6 Tried hard, prefer it if he played more alongside Nade than behind him

Nade 7 Great shift from him also, held ball up well and scored.

Ruben 5 Did what he had to.

Mroweic 6 Got stuck in in his 2mins, would be tempted to throw him innext week in place of Stewart to see what he can do.

Jonsson 5 Along with Balogh could have done better at goal(communication), few sloppy moments, better second half. Would rather see him in midfield or right back.

Wallace 6 Did okay

Bruno 6 Poor first half, poor set pice distribution, come into it more as the second half went on.

Mroweic 6 Got stuck in in his 2mins, would be tempted to throw him innext week in place of Stewart to see what he can do.

Would pretty much agree with that.

Would also add that I think Zaliukas is still a better centre halve than either Jonsson or Karapidis.

Tynecastle Valhalla

couldn't disagree more, we have badly missed ruben

Would pretty much agree with that.

Would also add that I think Zaliukas is still a better centre halve than either Jonsson or Karapidis.

yes but we win when he is not playing. :tongue:

yes but we win when he is not playing. :tongue:

I'll add the caveat that both Jonsson and Karapidis are more likely to see out the 90 mins.

:laugh:

I'll add the caveat that both Jonsson and Karapidis are more likely to see out the 90 mins.

:laugh:

You turning your hand at stating the ****ing the obvious ? :laugh:

Seriously though I think Zal has to play along side Karapidis until a replacement is found. Or maybe we are not giving them(kara/eggert) enough credit ? as I thought we kept them very quiet today.

jambos are go!

I thought Karipidis had a good game overall but went AWOL at their goal. Pushed forward like a midfielder leaving the inexperienced Jonsson exposed. Still would like to see him sign a new contract because he's a very good player. Glen needs to be more alert but that will come. Obdua and Nade oustanding.

Seriously though I think Zal has to play along side Karapidis until a replacement is found. Or maybe we are not giving them(kara/eggert) enough credit ? as I thought we kept them very quiet today.

Maybe we're not giving them enough time mate. I just don't think Karapidis, but especially Jonsson are particularly good in the air.

I'd actually like us to sign 2 new centre halves in the Summer.

Balogh - 6

Neilson - 6

Karipidis - 6

Jonsson - 5

Wallace - 6

Obua - 8

Stewart - 5

Aguiar - 6

Driver - 5

Glen - 6

Nade - 8

--------

Palazuelos - 2

Mrowiec - 2 Looks a player.

Maybe we're not giving them enough time/credit mate. I just don't think Karapidis, but especially Jonsson are particularly good in the air.

Maybe we're not giving them enough time mate. I just don't think Karapidis, but especially Jonsson are particularly good in the air.

Straight after we sign a striker I presume ? :eek::laugh:

Signing players eh whatever next. I think we would get away with 1 centre half in as Eggert could cover but he is not the answer long term.

Balogh - 6 Thought he could have come for the ballfor their gol, might be wrong but didn't think Mackie was any further than 12/13 yards out

Robbie - 6 Defended well in open play, supported Driver/Obua well but let the line drop too deep during set pieces, could have cost us on another day.

Jonsson - 5 Tried his best but out muscled too easily on occasion, kept at it though which says a lot for the lad

Karipidis - 7 Kept everything together, good game

Wallace - 7 Good game, not as effective going forward as in recent games but nothing much got past him

Obua - 9 Best game in a Hearts shirt, showed a lot of people what he can offer, offered himself everywhere in defence and in attack, two good assists

Aguiar - 7 Passing wasn't as good as it could have been in he wole, that aside suberb ball for big Dave for the equaliser

Stewart - 7 Solid enough game, needs to calm down when going in for challnges though as sprinting in at 100 mph makes it easier for a player to sidestep him

Driver - 7 Quiet game by his standards, well marshalled by the Sheep fullbacks but got the winner so can't complain

Glen - 6 Needs more games to get up to speed in the SPL, will be player though. He's still young as the consistency isn't there yet

Nade - 9 Awesome, worked like a trojan, held the ball up, got the equaliser what more could you ask for, joint MOM with Obua as couldn't split them

Ruben - 6 Came on to settle the ship and put in some crucial challenges

Mrowiec - 7 Just for the challenge when he came on, good change from Csaba as it didn't allow us to get camped back

why can't we get off his back, i thought he had a good game today, never stops running, always tries his hardest, and he's a jambo ffs

Totally agree it is incredible the stick that Stewart gets from the stands as well as Obua on a couple of occasions today. Aguiar makes a bad pass and nobody bothers....Stewart on the other hand makes a bad pass and everyone is on his back!

Straight after we sign a striker I presume ? :eek::laugh:

Signing players eh whatever next. I think we would get away with 1 centre half in as Eggert could cover but he is not the answer long term.

We don't sign strikers. FACT.

:D

Tynecastle Valhalla

Kara is good enough to play centre half but I agree that we need another one. someone who is tall and wins headers like berra did. zal can win headers but the rest of his game is not good enough. I would argue that this is more of a priority than strikers. glen and nade are fine.

jambos are go!

Meant to say earlier that both Driver and Obdua showed superb ability to 'trap' or control driven passes - high or low. Worthy of the great John Colquhoun IMO.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Balogh 6 - Could do nothing about the goal. Some good saves, looks confident.

Neilson 6 - Some good runs up the right, did nothing wrong, decent.

Wallace 6 - Was better last week, still played well.

Karipidis 6 - At fault for the goal, played a sloppy pass and was caught out of position. Apart from that, decent.

Jonsson 5 - Centre half not his strongest position. Possibly caught at the wrong side of Mackie for the goal.

Obua 9 - 2 great assists, worked hard. Excellent. My MOTM.

Driver 6 - Despite scoring, didn't have his greatest game. Needs to make up his mind what he will do when he receives the ball out wide.

Aguiar 6 - Poor set pieces. Some good challenges, good pass for first goal.

Stewart 7 - Thought he played well today. Didn't dive in, kept the head.

Glen 6 - Don't think he should be starting every game going by today. Nade will be the ideal partner for him though. May improve after more starts.

Nade 9 - Put in a great shift. Good header, best performance this season.

Subs

Palazuelos 5 - Didn't do much of note in his time on the pitch. Really needs to work on his right foot.

Mrowiec 6 - Looks a player. Great challenge as soon as he came on, determined.

Balogh - 6 Thought he could have come for the ballfor their gol, might be wrong but didn't think Mackie was any further than 12/13 yards out

Robbie - 6 Defended well in open play, supported Driver/Obua well but let the line drop too deep during set pieces, could have cost us on another day.

Jonsson - 5 Tried his best but out muscled too easily on occasion, kept at it though which says a lot for the lad

Karipidis - 7 Kept everything together, good game

Wallace - 7 Good game, not as effective going forward as in recent games but nothing much got past him

Obua - 9 Best game in a Hearts shirt, showed a lot of people what he can offer, offered himself everywhere in defence and in attack, two good assists

Aguiar - 7 Passing wasn't as good as it could have been in he wole, that aside suberb ball for big Dave for the equaliser

Stewart - 7 Solid enough game, needs to calm down when going in for challnges though as sprinting in at 100 mph makes it easier for a player to sidestep him

Driver - 7 Quiet game by his standards, well marshalled by the Sheep fullbacks but got the winner so can't complain

Glen - 6 Needs more games to get up to speed in the SPL, will be player though. He's still young as the consistency isn't there yet

Nade - 9 Awesome, worked like a trojan, held the ball up, got the equaliser what more could you ask for, joint MOM with Obua as couldn't split them

Ruben - 6 Came on to settle the ship and put in some crucial challenges

Mrowiec - 7 Just for the challenge when he came on, good change from Csaba as it didn't allow us to get camped back

Have agree with these ratings except for Stewart, would give him 5 maybe 6 on his second half preformance. Felt sure he was going to walk, had he continued the way he started.

Balogh 6. Played well enough,i do not blame him for the goal.

Neilson 7. Not at his best passing wise(never is) but some great defending in the last 20 mins.

Jonnson 3 Murder.Always on the wrong side of the attackers.

Karapidis 7. Gave the ball away for their goal but had a very good game otherwise.

Wallace 6 A quiet game but sound enough.

Obua 4 For the first half.7 for the 2nd.

Stewart 5. Nothing startling.

Aquiar 6. Poor free kicks but good on the ball.

Driver 6. Another who was better the 2nd half.

Glen 6 As above.

Nade 8. Great game motm.

Obua 4 For the first half.7 for the 2nd.

Are you serious, we weren't great for most of the first half but big Dave was nowhere near the worst player and doesn't deserve the selective scoring by isolating his 1st half performance

was the assist and not to mention his run across the width of the pitch before the equaliser not enough for you in the first half?

Are you serious, we weren't great for most of the first half but big Dave was nowhere near the worst player and doesn't deserve the selective scoring by isolating his 1st half performance

was the assist and not to mention his run across the width of the pitch before the equaliser not enough for you in the first half?

Not really.:)

Thought my marks summed up his performance well.:tongue:

Balogh - 6 horrible lack of communication with Eggert allowed their goal

Neilson - 6 Solid and kept running

Karipidis - 7 Caught half way up the pitch on the right when they scored

Jonsson - 5 see Balloch

Wallace - 7 defended well. not so inflential going forward.

Obua - 8 two assists, won most headers and composed on the ball

Stewart - 5 headless chicken routine, 2 footed tackles. Loads of effort

Aguiar - 7 neat on the ball but gave a few away today. Great ball to Obua

Driver - 7 good goal aside, didn't quite come off for him today.

Glen - 4 out of his depth. Needs games

Nade - 9 what can I say ? apart from the odd ignored passing opportunity - brilliant.

All in all a great team effort. Well done Csaba - the shape worked.

Glen a4 a bit harsh i would say a 7

rudi must stay

Balogh 6 - didn't do anything wrong. Made a wonder save in the 2nd half

Neilson 7 - had a great game. Not frightened of going forward either

Jonsson 5 - not brilliant

Karipidis 6 - did everything that was asked of him

Wallace 6 - wasn't in the game at all

Obua 8 - MOTM. Really beginning to become a key player for us

Stewart 6 - top marks for effort today, he panics when he gets the ball though and usually makes the wrong pass

Aguiar 7 - back to his usual performance we play well when he plays well.

Driver 7 - good goal and a constant nuisance to them as we've come to expect

Glen 6 - was outmuscled a bit too much

Nade 8 - sadly i missed the goal, once again though his effort couldn't be faulted

Palazuelos 6 - did what was asked of him

Mrowiec 5 - not on long enough to make any real impact

Francis Albert
Not really.:)

Thought my marks summed up his performance well.:tongue:

So an average of 5.5 for Obua and 7 for Neilsson and 6 for Glen? Joke?

Wallace 6 Did okay

Bruno 6 Poor first half, poor set piece distribution, come into it more as the second half went on.

I agree on both points highlighted.

Stewart was non-existent for the 1st half together with Glen while Johnsson (not his fault) is simply not a CH. I think he won 2 headers the whole game.

The Old Tolbooth

Balogh 5 - Thought he looked a bit suspect at the cross balls but his shot stopping was ok.

Neilson 7 - Played well, never stopped pouring forward and threatened the sheeps defence all afternoon, best game for a while.

Jonsson 5 - Pretty average and it was a worry when the ball was floated in towards him after he lost his man for their goal.

Karipidis 6 - Decent shift today and played ok, but cant head a ball for love nor money!

Wallace 6 - Good game for him today, although gave the ball away a bit.

Obua 9 - This guy is really coming onto a game now and showed just why Csaba showed a lot of faith in him, he was immense today and showed real quality, who'd have thought!!!

Stewart 3 - Major weak link in our team, needs to be punted asap!!

Aguiar 7 - Ran the centre of midfield and the sheep just could not control him, very good game.

Driver 5 - Thought Driver was completely non existent until he scored, and even after that he wasn't brilliant, one of his poorer games today but took his header well though.

Glen 6 - Tried very hard and is a handful for any defence, his link up play is good.

Nade 9 - Fantastic performance form the big man, what a handful he was for the sheep defence today and his show boating was magic!

Libertonian_II

Balogh 7 didn't do anything wrong. Obviously told to come out more to cover for lack of dominant CHs

Neilson 6 still canny pass water but VG defensively

karapedis 7 Tries to play footie awra time . Outta position forra goal

Wallace 6 competent

Jonsson 4 Not a CH

Driver 7.5

Obua 8 MotM

Stewart 4 the weakest link

Glen 5 Unspectacular

Nade 8

Aguiar 8

So an average of 5.5 for Obua and 7 for Neilsson and 6 for Glen? Joke?

What has average got to do with it.Obua had a poor 1st half,good 2nd.Neilson had great defending all game.Glen played ok.Just my opinion.Do not take it serious.

You must be the only one

Quite a few on this thread agree with me.

I think some of the scores for him are a nonsense - if we really had one of our central midfielders putting in a 3 or a 4/10 performance, we wouldn't have won the game. Stewart seems to be a player who, for some, can do no right.

I'm not saying he was brilliant, but he had a good game IMO.

Quite a few on this thread agree with me.

I think some of the scores for him are a nonsense - if we really had one of our central midfielders putting in a 3 or a 4/10 performance, we wouldn't have won the game. Stewart seems to be a player who, for some, can do no right.

I'm not saying he was brilliant, but he had a good game IMO.

Something I have noticed in the last few weeks is the crowds reaction to any mistake MS makes. He seems to be the new miko. He could be having a good game and one mistake the fans are on him.......and its the small mistakes the fans who have it for him remember......rather than his good play.

IMO, Csaba has found is best position in the holding role.

Archived