"Every dog has its day"!!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

According St Bribery chairman in todays rags!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well how correct can he be, pity its only taken 23 years for us to get some sort of payback!!

GIRUY you cheating P*****!!!

john brownlee

If they take fools gold then let them reap the consequences

Where did I here the offer of compensation to Hearts , or fans. even their own fans that have bought tickets and paid for transport. I believe supporter buses are more expensive on a Sunday.

Well st bribery lets hope you have many more days like this. I want Hearts to stuff you lot as many times as possible.

Smacks as a one sided anti Hearts story

They all hate us Brill

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Chick Young will be even more unbearable on the radio tomorrow !

GIRFUY You muppet !

not for me. after the vlad interview disgrace, i'm never going to put myself through the pain and revulsion of reading or listening to anything the man ever says again.

Rudolf's Mate

Just posted this on EEN

For Stewart Gilmour to make such a comment is terrible. If it been the old firm they wouldn't have even given a viable excuse for not moving, but we do and they spit the dummy out.

If I were you Gilmour I'd be more concerned about your league position considering the next 5 league games you've got us, Celtic, Aberdeen & Rangers with only 6 points between you and the foot of the table!!! Hope ICT start getting the points and you cheating gits get was you deserve!

Correct decision but I hope it doesn't come back and bite us. They may well use this as pep talk for their palyers on Sat.

Johanes de Silentio

I was disgusted by this guy's comments. He clearly has s selective memory.

The number of times we've moved games for Rangers, only to be ****ed over by them on the few occasions we've asked them to do likewise is ridiculous.

I know Rangers are not St Mirren, but the point is, other teams don't help us, so we don't help them.

**** them, in fact!

pity its only taken 23 years for us to get some sort of payback!!

GIRUY you cheating P*****!!!

Unfortunately we had a chance at Tynecastle a few years after 86 to GIRUT; when they needed to win to stay up, a defeat would have relegated them......and we blew it; they beat us 1 - 0.

I was absolutely gutted that day watching some of the same players that had lay down to Celtic dancing about on the pitch at the end. I can still visualise Tony Fitzpatrick on the fence at the Gorgie Road end.

Correct decision but I hope it doesn't come back and bite us. They may well use this as pep talk for their palyers on Sat.

This is a HOME game for us though, with all the preparation, organisation and expenditure that incurs. If we refused to go OVER THERE on a Sunday, citing hardship on our 1500 travelling fans - well aye that would certainly be a bit of cheek to try and defend.

As I've mentioned on another thread, Gus McPherson cites the Kilmarnock vs. Hamilton switch as being some kind of benchmark ..........however Hamilton were not the home side and it did not involve disruption to their plans for Policing, Stewarding, Catering etc etc

It's becoming more of a insult the further I delve into this and it's really getting my goat now :mad:

I Hope their new Stadium Burns to the ground!!

I Definately Hate this shower as much as I Hate the Manky Bigot Sisters...Even more than I hate the Hobos!!:eek:

1st Division, Here they come (I Hope).

a wee ditty from MacPherson:

"Scottish Football people will come to their own conclusions over Hearts' stance but I don't know if they'll care.

I feel many people at Hearts - and I'm not talking about the fans - already feel alienated within Scottish football"

What a wee **** he really is, defo has that face you would love to kick.

Mind you he IS one of the Largs Mafia - can only talk in "managers speak":mad:

"Scottish Football people will come to their own conclusions over Hearts' stance but I don't know if they'll care.

I feel many people at Hearts - and I'm not talking about the fans - already feel alienated within Scottish football"

What does he mean by that?

Sergio Garcia

Simple choice for St Mirren

Take the money and play the game on the saturday

Refuse the money and get an extras day rest for the saturday.

You take the money, you cant expect everyone to bend over backwards for you and lose out the deal.

Cretins

If that was Csaba or Vlad you can bet your bottom dollar we would be

sactioned for comments like that

He has quite openly brought the name of another SPL member club into disrepute

I expect the SFA / SPL rebuke to be winging it's way as we speak :rolleyes:

What does he mean by that?

I think he is having a pop at Vlad and his countryman.

I actually agree that we are losing our "scottishness" but for a manager to come out in the public domain like that is irresponsible but sums up the wee naff.

If that was Csaba or Vlad you can bet your bottom dollar we would be

sactioned for comments like that

He has quite openly brought the name of another SPL member club into disrepute

I expect the SFA / SPL rebuke to be winging it's way as we speak :rolleyes:

Agree mate - the article is in the Express today but I couldn't find the online version for people to read themselves - must say I was spitting blood on the bus this morning while reading his wee snidey comments:mad:

Miller Jambo 60
Not our fault there game has been moved to the thursday. It would only hamper our pre-match build up and would mean a change to our training regime.

Im loving every bit of this,sticking it up that inbred bunch of Celtic loving cheatin mingers.

Hope they go down would love the scene if we were responsible for them going down.

I really hate that lot.

THE CHEATS OF 86

Buddies slam Hearts over refusal to switch game

February 12, 2009 ? By Editor ? Filed Under Hearts, St.Mirren

St. Mirren have reacted angrily to Hearts? refusal to switch the date of their SPL game. The Buddies Homecoming Scottish Cup replay against Motherwell will take place next Thursday and they had requested Hearts to play the league clash on the following Sunday rather than the Saturday. But Jambos bosses refused to move the back back 24 hours, prompting a furious attack from the Paisley side.

Saints chairman Stewart Gilmour told the Scottish Sun, ?It?s very disappointing that Hearts wouldn?t agree to budge.? He continued: ?However, I?m a great believer that every dog has its day ? and I hope someone will now go ahead and do to Hearts what they have done to us.?

Manager Gus MacPherson added, ?I?d always considered this to be an unwritten law ? a gentleman?s agreement, if you like. When Sky showed Kilmarnock?s replay against Ayr in the last round on a Thursday, Hamilton Accies ? who they were due to play the following Saturday ? were happy to switch to the Sunday. Most clubs would do the decent thing in that situation, but if clubs aren?t prepared to help each other then we need a rule change, if only to take the awkwardness out of it. I?m sure Hearts will come out with the usual stuff about corporate hospitality and season ticket holders, but most clubs would have moved the game. It?s not ideal for my players but we have no option and just have to get on with it.?

Hearts in fact did come out using the excuse of inconveniencing their corporate hospitality and season ticket holders - however what it has come down to is money pure and simple.

Should Hearts have agreed to the switch? Should this be an actual law that two games cannot be played within the space of 48 hours no matter what competition? Were Hearts right in this matter or is it just being ungentlemanly?

http://scotzine.com/blog/?p=3208

ToadKiller Dog

He actually said that ,totally disgraceful to me sums up the little scotlander attitude in the Scottish game, and some say there isnt any xenophobia aimed at our foreign owners , clearly aimed at them and i think Mcpherson is speaking just what those in the Scottish football bubble ,mafia call it what you will do actually think.

Its easy to argue that Romanov hasnt helped with his own paranoia ,but its clear from St middens managers view what "Scottish football people think"

Hearts dont stand a chance in Scotland of a fair crack of the whip at this time.

english teams regularly play 2 game within 48 hours of each other whats the problem . ive someimes got to work 5DAYS in a row but nobody listens to my complaining :laugh:

He actually said that ,totally disgraceful to me sums up the little scotlander attitude in the Scottish game, and some say there isnt any xenophobia aimed at our foreign owners , clearly aimed at them and i think Mcpherson is speaking just what those in the Scottish football bubble ,mafia call it what you will do actually think.

Its easy to argue that Romanov hasnt helped with his own paranoia ,but its clear from St middens managers view what "Scottish football people think"

Hearts dont stand a chance in Scotland of a fair crack of the whip at this time.

Totally agree mate - that how I read it aswell.

Romanov is partly to blame as you say but now these opinions are being aired in the public domain not just behind closed doors.

I think Romanov is thick skinned but you can accept why he may want to bugger off with the way Hearts are being treated by the Authorities.

Mibbe it's paranoia but I don't think so - they are gunning for Hearts at every opportunity - the only way to stuff it up'em is winning games on the park and it's so frustrating that the side are simply not good enough at the moment to do that.

Agree mate - the article is in the Express today but I couldn't find the online version for people to read themselves - must say I was spitting blood on the bus this morning while reading his wee snidey comments:mad:

It was strange that this paper was the only one to print the full rant, but it makes interesting reading nonetheless. I can understand that he's upset but if he's going to go on about the problems facing clubs in the current financial climate then he really should appreciate that it's also a very good reason for Hearts to have refused the switch in the first place.

I like to think that his threats are simply spiteful gum bumpage and that other clubs will actually be sitting there quietly agreeing with our decision, but you never know what that lot really are saying behind closed doors. Either way, they can all bugger off....

Anyway, I have put the whole ranting article up on heartsfcnews and it can be found here if anyone wants a read....

ToadKiller Dog

I like to think that his threats are simply spiteful gum bumpage and that other clubs will actually be sitting there quietly agreeing with our decision, but you never know what that lot really are saying behind closed doors. Either way, they can all bugger off....

Anyway, I have put the whole ranting article up on heartsfcnews and it can be found here if anyone wants a read....

I tend to agree with you that every other club will quietly agree with our decision ,but thats not what they would likely say in public ,Its his "Scottish Football people" that has annoyed me most in his rant ,it is separating us From the rest and to me the prelevent view amongst those in the Closed shop of the Scottish football world ,

that is clear that we are seen as outside .

Outsiders never get treated as equals or fairly.

Rangers knocked us back twice when we asked for a game to be moved, no out cry then though.

So did Dunfermline many moons ago after a European away match IIRC

Clubs have done it do us on numerous occasions after we have been nice to to others in the past.

We lose money by moving it to Sunday.

Why should we lose money so that they can gain money?

I tend to agree with you that every other club will quietly agree with our decision ,but thats not what they would likely say in public ,Its his "Scottish Football people" that has annoyed me most in his rant ,it is separating us From the rest and to me the prelevent view amongst those in the Closed shop of the Scottish football world ,

that is clear that we are seen as outside .

Outsiders never get treated as equals or fairly.

I get the feeling he might be feeling a little sheepish about coming out and saying something that daft. It might well be vaguely true in some respects, but it's probably not really the done thing to actually say it to the press...

He could be relying on our reputation to garner him some support in his rants but this is pushing it a bit too far. But if he wants to make an idiot of himself, that's fine by me. He's a plum.

Archived