Who was the first player you saw score for Hearts?

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought a League Champions scarf just before that game. Twirled it all through the match belting out 'Championees'. The girl I was with kept telling me it was unlucky. I was starting to get nervous until Gary scored - thought there was a chance we might stuff up the championship :rolleyes:.

1-0 hearts 80th-ish min goal. mackay had a nightmare that day, but it was a belter of a goal and mackay gave a "up yours" fist to the shed. well thats what i remember, i was 12 then.:eek:

Jimmy Bone....it was a cheeky lob :laugh:

he ran away with a big grin on his face....it must have been near the end of his career with the hearts...he looked fat and had a red face...I was just a wee boy at the time.

bilston angel

Jimmy Wardhaugh versus Aberdeen March 7, 1953, 3-1 to the Hearts (Wardhaugh 2, Blackwood 1). Info courtesy of London Hearts, thank you.

first game was against the hobos A0-0 1971 second was the hobos H0-2 1972 and the first goal was tommy murray dundee H1-2 1972 . first win i saw was hobos H4-1 1973

alwaysthereinspirit

I honestly dont know when my first Hearts game was never mind who scored the first goal. Was around 68/69 so I'll go for Ronald Jenson.

alwaysthereinspirit
Bobby Blackwood against Dundee, 26th December 1959, my first game. Thanks to London Hearts, otherwise I wouldn't have known. I just remember we won 3 - 0 and went on to win the title.

Glory seeker.:tongue:

Think it was Tommy Murray against Morton in November 1971- JTs won 6-1. The stats people will correct me, but I am sure wee Tam scored the third goal and the ball got stuck in the stanchion

John Robertson, would you believe!

Still an absolute Legend in my eyes, and my ambition to play on the same park as him came true in the summer when i lined up against him for RBS. Proud, proud moment.

Thunderstruck

We never scored when I first went to Tynecastle (Texaco Cup v Burnley in 73-74) but the man himself, Donald Ford, netted on next visit.

Archived