Women/Girls Playing Football......

Leebo

A guy's opinion needed on this..... and Girls if they like...

I am playing 5's with a Bunch of Guy's tonight at The Pitz, Sighthill.

The guys have been slaggin' me all day saying that I shouldnt waste my time playing tonight 'cause i'm a girl and shouldn't be playing football at all.

Whats everyones opinion on this?

Should I play or Not? Show the guys that I can actually play football..[not being Bigheaded here but I am good] I played for Tynie Girls between the ageeees of 10-16.. I also play now and again with my mates, and they say I am pretty good.

I remember playing against a girl at the pitz years ago - she was hot. I dont remember how she was at football.

scottish_chicP

I love watching football but have never played. I would have no interest in watching womens football but then each to their own I guess!!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I had a lassie in my Primary School team. We had a good team at the time, we won the 'B' team league. She played most games.

Other than her, I've played with a few girls :P and they have all been crap.

The guys have been slaggin' me all day saying that I shouldnt waste my time playing tonight 'cause i'm a girl and shouldn't be playing football at all.

Should I play or Not? Show the guys that I can actually play football..[not being Bigheaded here but I am good] I played for Tynie Girls between the ageeees of 10-16.. I also play now and again with my mates, and they say I am pretty good.

I play 5s and we have 1 girl that plays. She is pretty good, and puts a hard tackle in! She also plays hockey, so think this has toughened her up a good bit. She puts many of the lads to shame, so as long as you are good enough, there's no problem with girls playing footie, in my opinion.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
In a Guys opinion!!

Of course, did you think I meant otherwise?

Now run off back to the kitchen and make your man some dinner!

:eek:

No matter how good woman footballers think they are, they still kick, run and play like girls.

You know what I mean, hands sticking out as if keeping balance, toe bashing, the impression that the ball they're kicking weighs 40 stone.....

Don't think i would be too happy if anyone brought a burd along to my 5 a sides.

would solve the argument about who is washing the bibs though.

Only ever met 1 girl that was any good at footy. And she was hot. Actually looking back I now realise that she was perfect for me. But she was a hobo so realistically it would never have lasted.

I digress....

Girls play footy? Nah. I hate playing against girls, you cant find it within yourself to give them a bloody good shoulder barge you would give another bloke. Plus, your conscious of touching their bits. By conscious I mean want too.

Women should only get involved in football when holding the half time oranges.

Although, women trying to play in goals in possibly the single funniest sight in the world.

Romanov Stole My Pension

HAHAHAHAHA

What a silly thread, next women will be wanting the vote.

Mods, can we make this a sticky

So go and show them how good you are then. If your as good as you say you are, then they will soon shut up.

First of all, do YOU want to play? If you want to play, then play.

If you have fun, then play.

So play...show them your stuff girl and don't worry what "they" say. :P

Its unfair on the guys.

You cant crunch a lassie like you would a bloke.

She'd end up greeting.

If women were allowed to play with men, the game would become non-contact IMO.

Its unfair on the guys.

She'd end up greeting.

I disagree!!

I would prefer to be treated like every other person on the pitch guy or girl.

I disagree!!

2555116.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A648F4B12B516F52C99930FDCFC4C15FBB

I disagree!!

But by natural reactions, the guys wont.

It'll never happen like that.

2555116.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A648F4B12B516F52C99930FDCFC4C15FBB

Well put, Eck.

I snapped a girl in PE once by accident. I was playing at the back and it was wet, I went in for a slide tackle, won the ball totally cleanly but left my other leg out which pretty much just annihilated her. Ended up with both my legs around her ankles.

She went absolutely flying. Thing is, she was about 5'1, tiny and only had one lung, too.

Still feel guilty when I think about it.

I snapped a girl in PE once by accident. I was playing at the back and it was wet, I went in for a slide tackle, won the ball totally cleanly but left my other leg out which pretty much just annihilated her. Ended up with both my legs around her ankles.

She went absolutely flying. Thing is, she was about 5'1, tiny and only had one lung, too.

Our PE was all separated for stuff like this.

The girls did something gay like aerobics or basketball and we got to go and play in the mud.

:laugh:

If it was with other girls then fine or mixed teams. But if you are the only girl then no. They guys just won't want to challenge you.

Unless you are a big stereotypical rug muncher who could pass as a man....

If it was with other girls then fine or mixed teams. But if you are the only girl then no. They guys just won't want to challenge you.

Unless you are a big stereotypical rug muncher who could pass as a man....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You do realise they will take the utter pish out of you all night??

Be prepared for some serious groping!

Even the best female football players are a poor second to male ones

They dont seem to have the ability to play it like a proper sport

As for your pitz experience, prepare to be mocked and groped :rolleyes:

I played against a girl at school, she was good, I nailed her and there was a bit of handbags with a few of her teammates. shouldnt be allowed - ever.

plus have any of u ever watched the top leval of womans football - it is awful!!! the lot of them are about as skillful as Hans Eckilson

Walter Payton

I was playing at the Sighthill Pits tonight, never saw any chicks playing- did you do it in the end Leesie?

I sometimes play on a Tuesday night as well and there's a Brazilian chick who plays. Easily one of the best players in the game (and that includes a couple of blokes who were playing for Linlithgow Rose last season) and any concern about whether or not it was fair to play "physical" would be eradicated within the first few minutes of the game. Definitely don't mind chicks playing fives against blokes (if they're good enough)- Elevens would be a different kettle of fish though.

I was playing at the Sighthill Pits tonight, never saw any chicks playing- did you do it in the end Leesie?

I sometimes play on a Tuesday night as well and there's a Brazilian chick who plays. Easily one of the best players in the game (and that includes a couple of blokes who were playing for Linlithgow Rose last season) and any concern about whether or not it was fair to play "physical" would be eradicated within the first few minutes of the game. Definitely don't mind chicks playing fives against blokes (if they're good enough)- Elevens would be a different kettle of fish though.

Thats not nice:rolleyes:

I played against a girl at school, she was good, I nailed her and there was a bit of handbags with a few of her teammates. shouldnt be allowed - ever.

plus have any of u ever watched the top leval of womans football - it is awful!!! the lot of them are about as skillful as Hans Eckilson

You could have at least waited till after the game!

girl who works beside me plays for hib ladies

despite having the scottish ladies no1 in goal, they still lost 3-0 to the work :1022::1022::1022:

despite having the scottish ladies no1 in goal, they still lost 3-0 to the work :1022::1022::1022:

That's like saying you are surprised the blind school lost, despite having Scotland's no1 blind keeper in goal

Carl Weathers

Go AEGON.

I seen that advertised on the website.

There were two girls at my school who were better at football than I was. Neither was that hot but one of them you probably would.

A girl from my uni who I fancied for a while surprised me one day by playing football with us in the meadows. She'd never mentioned it before but she was really good, later found out she used to play right wing for her school. Her cross was the best of all the players on the park.

When I lived in Halls in first year a few of the guys would go to Meadowbank ever week and play a game of fives. They asked me to go along cos they were short of numbers and despite being rather apprehensive as I didn't know all of them, I went along.

It quickly becomes obvious the massive physical difference between men and women, there was no way I could keep up with them pace-wise or strength-wise, but you learn to adapt. Instead of playing up front I moved back and played a holding role and the guys rarely got the ball off me. They tended to go charging around so when someone actually put their foot on the ball and made a sensible pass it totally changed the pace of the game.

As long as you find yourself a role you'll be fine!

You just have to realise that you could be Mia Hamm and the guys wouldn't be in the slightest bit scared of you. Stayed at my friend's up in the Gairloch in the summer, and as part of their Highland Gathering there was a 5-a-side tournament. As the only girls team we had to play the men. Most of the teams weren't that good, and one keeper was truly shocking. He shat himself whenever another guy came enar him and usually turned his back on the ball. Once it got to us playing them though, despite our team having more skillful players than his previous opposition, everytime we got near their box he was straight out and into us. No fear. Which ****ed me off!

Snake Plissken
Its unfair on the guys.

She'd end up greeting.

I did once and get hell for it.

We were playing 7s once and there was a girl there who kept kicking us off the ball so then later when she was running clean through on goal and I came out of nowhere and completely barged her off the ball in a manner more akin to the WWF then football. I must have been kicked about half a dozen times deliberately so this was an act of retaliation.

To put it mildly I was threatened with a beating by more than a few of the other players. The way I see it if you play with the boys and start kicking out off the ball, you get nailed back, otherwise don't fecking expect to lash out with immunity because you are a girl.

Sadly everyone else was too sexist to see it my way. :confused:

Julie Fleeting lives on my street, she sometimes comes along to mini-kickers with her nephew who is buds with my three year old

She has awesome skills and physically could hold her own in the mans game IMHO-- she is hard as feck

Just a wee up-date for all you guys/girls...

I did go and play last night :)

I ended up leaving 10 minutes vefore the end.

The guys for being totally unfair. 2 of the guys were clearly trying to Break my Legs and another 1 went and came pushing right into me and I went and hit my face of the Partition bit at at Pitches.

I mean christ guys.... It's flippin' FOOTBALL not RUGBY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just a wee up-date for all you guys/girls...

I did go and play last night :)

I ended up leaving 10 minutes vefore the end.

The guys for being totally unfair. 2 of the guys were clearly trying to Break my Legs and another 1 went and came pushing right into me and I went and hit my face of the Partition bit at at Pitches.

I mean christ guys.... It's flippin' FOOTBALL not RUGBY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats what usually happens at 5's.

scottish_chicP
Our PE was all separated for stuff like this.

The girls did something gay like aerobics or basketball and we got to go and play in the mud.

I was in an all girls class for PE but we did football and all the same stuff as boys. No aerobics or that. :cool:

Walter Payton
WHATT?? You nearly get killed!!

Yep- that's just good defending. Maybe you should have watched some of the other games (particularly the league games) before you agreed to play!

Honestly, I've seen solid 5's games and took part in some....

Any kind of amatureish footballs usually pretty hard going.... whether it be 5's or 11's. Just have to toughen up a tad. :P

It hurts.. Just being blokes we don't cry with the pain until we are alone in our cars, miles away from the team mates! lol ;)

he he

afraid so - doesnt sound any worse than what usually happens!

you should go back next week ig you get the chance imo, just to show they havent put you off

Archived