commitment and conviction

talloaks

I read with some dismay the george foulkes article in mondays een in which he suggested there was a lack of commitment and conviction from saturday's team.

Hearts have just been fined for their poor disciplinary record and therefore there is no doubt that the players were told by the club to be more disciplined in future. Anyone who was at the match would agree that had Hearts shown the same "commitment and conviction " that the Falkirk players showed then we would have been lucky to have finished the match with 8 players remaining. Falkirk had 5 players booked and 1 sent off. Neil McCann was clearly hyped up for the match and was only booked fafter commiting a number of fouls, Finnigan who had just been booked 2 minutes earlier wrestled Zaliukas to the ground with two arms and then walked away scot free. I am sure that many of us feel that the Elvis foul on Stewart merited more than just a yellow card.

One can imagine the hysteria in the media on monday if Hearts had 5 players booked and 1 sent off, but no one seemed concerned abouts Falkirks lack of discipline.

gorgie rd eh11

Didn't read the article as i don't buy newspapers, but if his point was teams get steamed into HMFC, then it's a good one. Other teams managers know that referees will come down hard on any Hearts players aggression or dissent and send their teams out to get wired in. The oppossition players also know that they will get away with badgering the officials in a way that Hearts players would not.

It's only a matter of time till calderwood starts his "big strong team" crap, paving the way for his team to get away with murder.Hearts meanwhile will be pulled up for every thing they do, and if the recent past is anything to go by, some things they don't do.

Archived