Virgin Cable Cables

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I want to move my Virgin cable box into the spare room as I'm setting up a home office but the original cable isn't long enough

Anyone know of anywhere in Edinburgh that'll make you up a set of the cables for this?

Cheers

I want to move my Virgin cable box into the spare room as I'm setting up a home office but the original cable isn't long enough

Anyone know of anywhere in Edinburgh that'll make you up a set of the cables for this?

Cheers

Get yourself a load of coaxial cable such as this from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5m-Meter-Coax-Extension-Virgin-Cable-Lead-F-Connectors_W0QQitemZ330306629128QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item330306629128&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Alternatively, I'm sure Maplin in Dalry would have it.

I think i've got a 30' length from the days before I built the library/network central/comms room/doghouse. I'll have a look for you. Not in Edinburgh though

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Why not just go wireless?

I am wireless with my laptop but I have a desktop for work that i use to upload/download some fairly hefty print files via *** sites so an ethernet connection is much quicker and i run a network HD and I don't want all that sat in the livingroom

I am wireless with my laptop but I have a desktop for work that i use to upload/download some fairly hefty print files via *** sites so an ethernet connection is much quicker and i run a network HD and I don't want all that sat in the livingroom

You could a network cable from the living room to the home office and connect your Router in there. Alternatively you will have to join the cable at its current point and connect it at the other end. Adding more joints/connections could result in some performance loss. Unless of course you want to come direct from the white box on your wall where the cable comes directly into the house ?

Regardless of what you choose Maplin will have everything you need, will happily cut cable to length and also used to attach any connections you wanted. You pay for all this of course.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
You could a network cable from the living room to the home office and connect your Router in there. Alternatively you will have to join the cable at its current point and connect it at the other end. Adding more joints/connections could result in some performance loss. Unless of course you want to come direct from the white box on your wall where the cable comes directly into the house ?

Regardless of what you choose Maplin will have everything you need, will happily cut cable to length and also used to attach any connections you wanted. You pay for all this of course.

visit to maplins then!

cheers!

visit to maplins then!

cheers!

I recently stuck my tv on the wall and got a length of cable from Maplin both ends made up. just remember to check which connections you need for both ends.

I had the same problem. Just visit maplin and you get Cat5 cable for about 10 pound for 10 metres. Same goes for TV cables. I had to buy the TV cable and socket and put it together myself. That was pretty easy tho. But for an internet cable its as simple as buying the size you want and hoping you got the measurements right.

Archived