Joe Kinnear....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

See he is to have a heart bypass on friday!!!

Should never have come back into the game imo. Hope all goes well, but surely time to pack it in?

It entirely depends

The heart bypass may have nothing to do with his job, he should pack it in because he is a god awful manager.

Souness had a triple bypass when he was manager of Liverpool and made off his sick bed in time for the 1992 FA cup final.

I remember a tv show [EDIT -Trev MacDonald] a few years ago when they hooked up Sam Allardyce and another Premiership manager to monitors during a match.

Their blood pressure was off the scale.

[EDIT - It was Dave Bassett - whose BP was worse than Sam's, IIRC].

Buffalo Bill

berrathanhibs
It entirely depends

The heart bypass may have nothing to do with his job, he should pack it in because he is a god awful manager.

as a newcastle fan a wish two things.

1st; I hope every thing goes well on fri for joe.

2nd; I hope he steps down as the toon gaffer and lets the club progress as he is not a 21st century manager.

Souness had a triple bypass when he was manager of Liverpool and made off his sick bed in time for the 1992 FA cup final.

And then endeared himself to Liverpudlians everywhere by selling his story to The Sun.

Buffalo Bill

And then endeared himself to Liverpudlians everywhere by selling his story to The Sun.

Buffalo Bill

Aye the mickey mousers enjoyed reading that one:laugh:

All the best to the fella, having no reason at all to wish him ill.

However, he has talked some right crap lately, especially blaming the ref for their last two results.

Someone at St James's wants to ask the simple question. How, for the last two decades, have they managed to corner the UK market in absolutely god awful defenders ?

All the best to the fella, having no reason at all to wish him ill.

However, he has talked some right crap lately, especially blaming the ref for their last two results.

Someone at St James's wants to ask the simple question. How, for the last two decades, have they managed to corner the UK market in absolutely god awful defenders ?

Can't answer your question and nor can anyone connected with Newcastle.

What I would say however is that a lot of these signings were good defenders at their previous clubs but somehow seemed to bottle it at the Toon. Same with managers including the likes of Souness and Dalglish who won honours elsewhere but failed miserably at SJP.

[/b]

Can't answer your question and nor can anyone connected with Newcastle.

What I would say however is that a lot of these signings were good defenders at their previous clubs but somehow seemed to bottle it at the Toon. Same with managers including the likes of Souness and Dalglish who won honours elsewhere but failed miserably at SJP.

Not getting at you JA but the problem with those stats is they really don't tell the whole story. Not sure what KD did at Liverpool but they were such an established club then that the team / tactics more or less took care of themselves. He did win the league with Blackburn but with a team that was designed solely to win the EPL ( or was it the 1st div then ) and as such was very one dimensional. He legged it quickly before the walls came tumbling back down too IMO. As for the defenders NU buy, they must have been playing in teams with World class midfields and forward lines as they are caught out week in week out when actually exposed to some fairly basic forward play :mad:

Had it not been for Shay Given they would probably have gone down years ago. I know there is supposedly 'a way' that football must be played on Tyneside...........but getting at 'right' at the back is usually the first priority for a proper manager and they have failed miserably to address that fact

rudi must stay
See he is to have a heart bypass on friday!!!

Should never have come back into the game imo. Hope all goes well, but surely time to pack it in?

all the best to him, hopefully he makes a full recovery. The Newcastle Utd job isn't an easy one as you can see by how many managers they've had over the years he's done alot better than i expected tbh.

Archived