18th Birthday Party

Ali-1874

I turn 18 this year and was wondering if anyone knew any decent places to book out for a party, doesn't have to be too big and not overly expensive.

I'm not too sure what to do, a large number of my friends won't be 18, so preferably somewhere where they aren't as strict. :tongue:

Have a house party mate, cheaper, no hassle over costs for DJ's, hall hire and no bar staff knocking folk back for under age.

The motorboat club isnt strict.

Been to a few 18th there and seen 15 yr olds standing at the bar getting sold.

Not sure how much it is to hire the hall out but the drinks are pretty cheap as well.

Just a wee suggestion

:)

The motorboat club isnt strict.

Been to a few 18th there and seen 15 yr olds standing at the bar getting sold.

Not sure how much it is to hire the hall out but the drinks are pretty cheap as well.

Just a wee suggestion

:)

Esther Rantzen should know about this.

Generic Username

We can suggest all the nonsense we like but at the end of the day, everyone knows where he'll end up;

The strippers.

Why waste time pretending?

The second he turns 18 he'll be at their front door quicker than that Bolt boy from Jamacia can run the 100 meters.

I turn 18 this year and was wondering if anyone knew any decent places to book out for a party, doesn't have to be too big and not overly expensive.

I'm not too sure what to do, a large number of my friends won't be 18, so preferably somewhere where they aren't as strict. :tongue:

Welcome to the party pal!

Generic Username
Diggers back room. Request a buffet.

No singing allowed.

Throw a stripper into the mix and that's a fantastic night for all the family.

The Marooney Meister

Gorgie Mills bowling club, was there for an 18th at the weekend. Good size for about 80 people and Good prices at the bar too where everyone seemed to get served no probs ;)

Go for a bowling club, the drink will be cheap as feck and they will serve anyone,no ersehole bouncers throwing folk out either, tell them its a 21st to be on the safe side as some places refuse 18ths due to underagers.

chester copperpot
Eric?

El - Oh - El.

Forresters rugby club had my mates 18th birthday there. It was a riot.

I had mine's at Edinburgh Uni's Union (Cannot for the life of me remember what its called though) That was sensational, but I'm sure we were the last 18th allowed there due to my hearts mates. :rolleyes:

Generic Username
Eric?

Beggars can't be choosers.

I'd take a lap dance off Rick Waller right now.

(there's a haunting image)

:eek::eek:

Cheers people for the suggestions. Tbh I'm still not too sure, would be a disaster if no one could get sold on the night. I know it's the law and everything, but I'm sure some places must let us underagers away with it. :tongue:

Oh and Chester, Forrester Rugby Club don't do 18ths anymore apparently.

Had mine at The Shandon. They were strict but not to bad at enforcing it. If your mates have some sort of fake driving licsense or older brothers etc they will be fine. They could also all get smashed before hand and get a carry out from the shop across the road. All technniques used by my mates.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

rickwallerfitt2.jpg

There's an old dance hall in Morningside which you can hire for private functions. Not sure what the prices are like but I'd imagine you could just BYOB which is perfect for the under 18s.

As someone suggested, it has to be a bowling club / social club.

Nothing special, but cheap booze, decent bar staff, no bounchers, and always a good laugh.

tommythejambo

When I turned 18 very few places seemed keen to let me rent out their hall, and any places that would were tiny.

Ended up just having about 40 people that I actually liked pile into my back garden for a BBQ as opposed to inviting 100 folk who I wouldn't notice if they were there or not.

Then hit Globe and Faith! (Not proud of the latter, even though it was a class night.)

Had mine at The Shandon. They were strict but not to bad at enforcing it. If your mates have some sort of fake driving licsense or older brothers etc they will be fine. They could also all get smashed before hand and get a carry out from the shop across the road. All technniques used by my mates.

One of my mates who looks about 12 got sold at an 18th at the shandon the night before the hamilton game:mw_rolleyes:

Just go downstairs into the pool hall and they practically give it away!

:laugh:

My 18th was a 2-2 draw at Easter Rd "It's not over till the fat striker scores!" I spent the day/evening getting hammered with victorian and some other good mates.

Archived