nobody is interested in reporting the facts.

Victorian

The boys talking Barry White .............and in doing so, possibly allowing another whole can of worms to be opened up ?

IIRC the assistant was standing on his own, GEARED UP FOR THE PENALTY KICK, till Pressley approached him.

If he's wired up to the Ref BUT FELT HE HAD NO REASON TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIM, then surely we are done. It's a penalty - fact - end of.

Unless one takes paranoia to incredible lengths and believes that McDonald saw the possibility of an over-rule and MILKED it in truly outrageous GIRFUY fashion :mad:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I have only 1 photo of the incident there was NO Falkirk player anywhere near the official until Elvis picked the ball up and came to talk to him, as per my photo. In fact if he had had to move away from a player he would be going back to the corner flag. Bizzare defence from the SFA

Although I have only 1 photo of the incident there was NO Falkirk player anywhere near the official until Elvis picked the ball up and came to talk to him, as per my photo. In fact if he had had to move away from a player he would be going back to the corner flag. Bizzare defence from the SFA

That was my recollection too and I was surprised when they mention this in the email - there must be tv/ photographic evidence which would prove it one way or another.

It also still leaves so many questions such as:

Why was the Falkirk player (whoever he was) not booked if the assistant had to move out his way - surely that is aggressive behaviour.?

Why did the assistant not flag straight away if he didn't think it was a penalty?

The whole decision making process comes across as extremely dodgy and at the very least incompetent.

What can we do about it? If they won't respond to emails and the press ignore the issue it seems that there is nothing we can do about it.

There may have been more shown in Setanta's own SPL roundup program but it looks to me like this incident has been conveniently 'airbrushed' from history............not least I suspect because it involves us, the boys who are continually crying Wolf in respect of shoddy refereeing performances?

The SFA account is utter bollocks and it almost irks me more that they don't even have the decency to fabricate a better cover story, one that might stand up to a bit of scrutiny :mad:

That was my recollection too and I was surprised when they mention this in the email - there must be tv/ photographic evidence which would prove it one way or another.

It also still leaves so many questions such as:

Why was the Falkirk player (whoever he was) not booked if the assistant had to move out his way - surely that is aggressive behaviour.?

Why did the assistant not flag straight away if he didn't think it was a penalty?

The whole decision making process comes across as extremely dodgy and at the very least incompetent.

What can we do about it? If they won't respond to emails and the press ignore the issue it seems that there is nothing we can do about it.

as posted on other threads. Surrounded by hordes of players pushing him towards the goals?

HMFC0vFFC1_07022009_Pict0054a.jpg

Archived