Time for the white flag protest?

wibble

It is time that Hearts fans made a statement about the refereeing decisions we are subjected to. We need to DEMAND fairness and you don't get what you don't ask for.

I suggest (as others have in the past) that at the start of the next home game that everyone wave a white flag of surrender and booo constantly from the moment that the officials emerge until the match kicks off.

It would be:

1. A show that we have all had enough.

2. Be something that would get widespread coverage locally and abroad.

3. Be easy to do, everyone has a piece of white cloth.

4. Be embarassing as hell for the SFA.

After the protest is over, all the flags should be thrown trackside.

It is time that Hearts fans made a statement about the refereeing decisions we are subjected to. We need to DEMAND fairness and you don't get what you don't ask for.

I suggest (as others have in the past) that at the start of the next home game that everyone wave a white flag of surrender and booo constantly from the moment that the officials emerge until the match kicks off.

It would be:

Good idea i for one would go along with it, It's been happening far to often against us now.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That would be terrible.

Set yourself on fire and run across the pitch. Bit more entertaining.

It would be:

I like it .

:)

Count me in.

It should get good tv coverage.

Maybe not from the BBC though

:rolleyes:

It would be:

i'm all for some sort of public display of disgust.

stick up a poll mate, it would be handy to know the outcome.

A streak across the pitch every 10 minutes or so would certainly grab the headlines , any exhibitionists on kb up for the job.

A streak across the pitch every 10 minutes or so would certainly grab the headlines , any exhibitionists on kb up for the job.

Wouldn't want to show you all up :mw_rolleyes:

i'm all for some sort of public display of disgust.

stick up a poll mate, it would be handy to know the outcome.

It's probably a bit rich me organising it when I am 10,000 miles away. Lets get some feedback on this thread and then maybe a poll or two to refine things.

Also, can someone get Acey some treatment. Think he is going through the menopause going by all his post this last week.

It would almost be better if they got worse because by then the world media would be watching.

Totally believe that if you do nothing it will continue. A protest shows that people are fighting back and that it's not just our mental owner who thinks there's a problem.

Also, can someone get Acey some treatment. Think he is going through the menopause going by all his post this last week.

:D

What I meant was that the whole thing would be...a bit fey. Waving white flags? Nobody outside of the "protest" organisers would know WTF it was about.

Son Of Anarchy

Agreed on taking some sort of action,but maybe not a white flag though as we should never surrender to those muppets.Ive emailed UEFA and FIFA about my disgust at the GFA corruption,guess its a start.We cant let this go on and i doubt that any fans of any other teams in this farce we call the SPL would have the bottle to join us,so its us against the GFA.What about a huge banner saying "how much did elvis offer you Mr Young? GFA GTF"

:D

What I meant was that the whole thing would be...a bit fey. Waving white flags? Nobody outside of the "protest" organisers would know WTF it was about.

Fair point if the protest isn't en masse. Last thing you want is a hobo-esque vlad bank notes epic fail.

It would have to be something that was supported by the federation of supporters clubs etc. to have a serious impact.

Not very well organised the Hearts fanbase is it?:o

Romanov Stole My Pension

It's got to the stage where I think mass suicide is probably the most appropriate course of action. On Saturday I will run on the pitch and impale myself on the assistant's offside flag. Who's gonna join me? It'll be followed by an ELLIOT OOT protest outside the main stand.

It's got to the stage where I think mass suicide is probably the most appropriate course of action. On Saturday I will run on the pitch and impale myself on the assistant's offside flag. Who's gonna join me? It'll be followed by an ELLIOT OOT protest outside the main stand.

i for one will b supporting u Dave

Yeah, this has all gone far enough. Anyone up for putting condoms on our heads and singing the song from the Tweenies? That'll teach those nasty refs. :mad:

i understand where the OP is coming from, but i also understand reluctance from others here too

thing is though, what can we do to make ourselves heard??

other clubs will not, indeed have not, come out and said anything much. yogi did last season i think, and we all know leveins stance on the standard of officials, but the clubs will not back each other up

i can't understand why other clubs don't want to see some parity in the way our games, as a league, are officiated.

something like this is perfectly legal, would be seen on telly if we choose our game right, and would show the SFA we're sick of it.

i don't want us to ever lose, but being beaten as the weaker team is easier to stomach than being beaten by incompetant or biased refs

we are not, and probably never will be, a club of world beaters, but i'm sick to death of fighting our corner and being robbed on the pitch

That would be terrible.

Set yourself on fire and run across the pitch. Bit more entertaining.

like the thinking,id be more up for setting the ref on fire tho

White Flag Protests? :laugh: Good god man :slaps face: Get a grip of yourself. Aren't we better than this? I'm sure there are lots of people who never post reading this and cringing terribly at the mass paranoia thats engulfing the board at this precise moment. My thoughts for what it's worth...

The goal looked offside.

Falkirk had a good goal dissallowed.

It was a penalty.

The Pressley yellow card was correct.

My 2 pence worth on the theory the SFA have a conspiracy against us... a paranoid load of pish. If we're honest with ourselves, Hearts are too sh*t a team for anyone high up to lose any sleep over.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

If the club stands up for itself then i will back it.

It can easily show all the contentious issues on the official site and most interesting currently would be to show the position's and subsequent changing of the mind of the officials on Saturday.

It should also be up to the club if any protests are made and it should be the club forking out for a wee white flag to be laid on everybody's seat at the Abersheep game ;)

The club has lost out on a potential home tie or a replay and a fair amount of money due to either total incompetence by ALL the officials or blatant cheating(only the official themselves & their bookmakers will know the truth).

If the club wants our help then it should be asking for it because if decisions like this carry on then we all know that gates will drop as the interest drops and the club will suffer financially.

I am dissilusioned and finding it difficult in my own mind to justify the travel and expense that i go through to watch what is supposed to be a game played on a level playing field.

One final thing....

"Zali..if you going to go around stouting people then the wee cheating ****** **** ***** **** ***** * **** excuse for a linesman(either one) on Saturday would have been a better bet and given you leg-end instead of bell-end status in my book.

It would be:

In Spain they wave a white hankie at matches when they are not happy its also handy if they have a runny nose.

Grumpy.

Yeah, this has all gone far enough. Anyone up for putting condoms on our heads and singing the song from the Tweenies? That'll teach those nasty refs. :mad:

:D:D

Only white things I have are my hankies and my knickers, neither are really suitable for waving in public, so no thanks OP.

everyone wave a white flag of surrender

Heart of Midlothian FC will NEVER surrender. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jamboinglasgow

my idea was that everyone wears black armbands as scottish football is dying. Maybe a few banners with something like "SFA: murdering scottish football" or have a rangers badge, a celtic badge and a SFA badge and make a wanted poster, and write the message on it for the murder of scottish football.

Best place to do it would be at a Scotland match, that would certainly get alot of coverage. The game needs to change and I think SFA managed to fob us off with a announcement a few weeks ago saying they were going to make wide-ranging changes (yeah right.)

Or a banner saying "Scottish referees, possibly the most corrupt and incompetent referees in the world."

If you really want to push the boat out (though probably too far) you could make a few coffins and put them outside Hampden.

Craig Herbertson
Agreed on taking some sort of action,but maybe not a white flag though as we should never surrender to those muppets.Ive emailed UEFA and FIFA about my disgust at the GFA corruption,guess its a start.We cant let this go on and i doubt that any fans of any other teams in this farce we call the SPL would have the bottle to join us,so its us against the GFA.What about a huge banner saying "how much did elvis offer you Mr Young? GFA GTF"
i doubt that any fans of any other teams in this farce we call the SPL would have the bottle to join us

Maybe they would. A collective action by a number of clubs would ensure that Hearts ddn't look like the wingers. It's worth sending out ambassadors.

avhudtheteeshirt

Why not instead of visiting opposing fans sites to have a dig at their team try some flattery and tell them how you would stick up for them if their team was being terrorised by the match officials. I believe it will only be by joint fan participation that the SFA will realise that fans are not prepared to take it any longer. Think what it would look like on TV if both sets of fans were doing the same thing to the match officials at the time I think the media would have to report it. This weekend of the old firm clash would have been the best time as all the cheated sides would be in oppostion to each other. Supporters clubs must play a part to as some of them often visit opposition fan clubs on the day of the match and could get some good feed back of other fans thoughts.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Get a few hundred volenteers to place a red A3 card on each chair in the stadium. Right a wee note on it saying hold this card up at 2:55 and chant "Cheat" until the officials come running out and then boo them and throw the cards onto the pitch with your own personal note to the SFA!. That would grab some atttension.

Seymour M Hersh

It would be:

Is it not a very Spanish protest the white hankies? I think it would lost on the meeja and GFA tbh.

Heart of Midlothian FC will NEVER surrender. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

perhaps you could put that to music.....a flute some drums maybe:rolleyes:

Daydream Believer
Why not instead of visiting opposing fans sites to have a dig at their team try some flattery and tell them how you would stick up for them if their team was being terrorised by the match officials. I believe it will only be by joint fan participation that the SFA will realise that fans are not prepared to take it any longer. Think what it would look like on TV if both sets of fans were doing the same thing to the match officials at the time I think the media would have to report it. This weekend of the old firm clash would have been the best time as all the cheated sides would be in oppostion to each other. Supporters clubs must play a part to as some of them often visit opposition fan clubs on the day of the match and could get some good feed back of other fans thoughts.

Agree with you completely, HOWEVER, this can only happen if we as hearts fans agree either:

1 - Refs in Scotland are generally rubbish

OR

2 - Refs in Scotland are generally bias in favour of the OF.

I actually thought there was a chance Vlad could do something about the refs until he decided they were bias against Hearts only. As long as it looks like we think we're specifically being targeted and no-one else is, there's absolutely no reason for any other club to join us.

Involving other fans would weaken our case, which other team has had 2 penalties changed by the same linesman?

Which other club has had the 4th official coming on to the park to have a player booked/sent off?

Which other team has a worse percentage win ratio when officiated by dougie mcdonald?

Before going any further none of the foregoing has resulted in our downfall, no we have succeeded in this ourselves. These injustices should be used as a motivation to stick 4 past the opposition thus rendering any bias useless.

But to the point, white flag - looks like we are giving in (which is what we have done so far) If we sincerely believe we are not being treated fairly then it is up to us do make our feelings known.

The suggestion of large Banners all around the ground to the theme of "WE DESERVE TO BE TREATED FAIRLY BY REFS" "WE WILL BOYCOTT SPECSAVERS UNTIL WE RECEIVE A FAIR OFFICIAL" HEARTS FANS WILL NO LONGER TOLERATE REFEREES INCOMPETENCE" etc etc

It is better than moaning on here..........

I am writing to amnesty international and that lawyer bird chakrabati. I feel my human rights are being infringed by the totalitarian, fascist regime which rules Scottish football. All free people deserve the right to see their team pumped without the institutional discrimination witnessed at Tyncastle on Saturday!

Get a few hundred volenteers to place a red A3 card on each chair in the stadium. Right a wee note on it saying hold this card up at 2:55 and chant "Cheat" until the officials come running out and then boo them and throw the cards onto the pitch with your own personal note to the SFA!. That would grab some atttension.

sounds good, chant to the tune of "your ****3 and you know you are"

"your corrupt and you know you are"

for the 1st 5 minutes of a game, preferably one thats on tele....

i seem to remember liverpool did something like this about something a couple of seasons ago and got huge coverage.

i know some people are cringing at the thought of a protest, but honestly how much worse can it get for us. the sfa hate us, they give us sweet fa as it is..

i say go for it. :)

I actually felt like chucking it on Saturday after the Linesman changed the penalty , I never leave early and I followed us through relegation 3 times so Hearts being s*** is not the problem . I would love to take part in some sort of organised protest , although I don't think white flags would be appropriate.

I don't see how people can genuinely still believe that everything that goes against us is some massive conspiracy.

We've actually, over the piece, done fairly well out of officials this season, Saturday apart. McDonald's record against us is certainly quite suspicious, but that's one man, not the entire organisation.

People need to get a grip.

I don't see how people can genuinely still believe that everything that goes against us is some massive conspiracy.

We've actually, over the piece, done fairly well out of officials this season, Saturday apart. McDonald's record against us is certainly quite suspicious, but that's one man, not the entire organisation.

People need to get a grip.

I can't believe it, you've said something I totally agree with!!!!! Never though that would happen :D

White Flag Protests? :laugh: Good god man :slaps face: Get a grip of yourself. Aren't we better than this? I'm sure there are lots of people who never post reading this and cringing terribly at the mass paranoia thats engulfing the board at this precise moment. My thoughts for what it's worth...

The goal looked offside.

Falkirk had a good goal dissallowed.

It was a penalty.

The Pressley yellow card was correct.

My 2 pence worth on the theory the SFA have a conspiracy against us... a paranoid load of pish. If we're honest with ourselves, Hearts are too sh*t a team for anyone high up to lose any sleep over.

Spoken like a true Jambo eh! NOT something I would say about my team!

Spoken like a true Jambo eh! NOT something I would say about my team!

Good for you. But the truth is only good teams are likely to have agendas against them. This blame culture is just paranoid pish i'm afraid.

I think the main reason why all ideas above are utterly cringeworthy is that there isn't enough mutual anger.

I mean it - an angry, united support wouldn't wave poofy wee white flags or wear poofy wee armbands with a poofy wee slogan on them.

Poofy.

Archived