Time for Csaba to assert his Authority?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Today was pretty awful. Beaten at home in the Cup by a team who were happy to spend 90 minutes spoiling, time wasting and putting to good use the experience of a number of old timers like Pressley, McCann and Bullen. In other words a well organised team playing to their strengths. Still, such a team should not be beating Heart of Midlothian FC at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup.

Dougie McDonald is a nightmare. We all know that. His record in matches involving HMFC is shocking. But you know what you are going to get from him: Controversy and no favours.

For today's result I dont blame:

Pressley, MacDonald, John Hughes, The Media, the SFA.

I believe that today's result is just another embarassment in a long list since Romanov took over our club. However I was hoping that Csaba Laszlo's appointment would bring about some stability. I posted a thread a few weeks ago called "The Return to Stability?" in the belief that things were settling down again. However, with the latest farce of the transfer window, our last week's humiliation at Hamilton and now today, I really think we are in danger of regressing back to the horrors of the last two years.

I think that Csaba is a very unhappy man over the failure to sign the Artmedia centre back. I think he is unhappy that he is unable to get the best out of the players he has inherited. That he seems to be forced to play idiots like Zaliukas, play Eggert as a centre forward and that though the club talks up youth, he has taken so long to play Gary Glen and has lost Copil and does not seem to be able to give Ryan McGowan a chance. I fear now there is still not enough authority held by Csaba in team affairs. He may be fighting battles behind the scenes, winning some and losing others in his efforts to assert his authority. He may reach breaking point.

Marius Zaliukas is the worst centre back to play for Hearts since Gordan Petric. Do people remember him and the vitriol he got? It was fully deserved, we were luckily able to get rid of him though it cost us. Does anyone really believe we could get rid of Zaliukas so easily? Does anyone believe that after his suspension he will be back in the team? If Csaba had any integrity as a manager he would never play this charlatan again. I sincerely hope he is never seen in a maroon jersey again.

I think we will now struggle for a place in Europe. Let's pray for an Old Firm Scottish Cup final. A few weeks ago I though that us an DU were shoe in's. But the fragility has returned with a vengeance. The transfer window was probably not a surprise but for us who still live in hope, we believed that Csaba would be able to get a player or two in.

Some say we are in a transitional period, possibly similar to Craig Levein's first full season. That was a terrible year, beaten by ICT in the cup at home, St J, 4 losses to Livingston. But the following year Craig had jettisoned the dross and brought in De Vries, Stamp, Valois and we strolled third. But does anyone believe Csaba will be ALLOWED or is ABLE to do the same?

It is starting to look like we have had our season's highlight, knocking the riff-raff out the cup. That may just be our season in one match.

Chris Robinson is gone. Thank God.

When Vladimir Romanov is gone and hopefully parties that have HEARTS as their main concern return to run our club and only then, will we really have Heart of Midlothian Football Club back.

If you really believe that Csaba has any authority to assert you Sir,are more deluded than the Lochend flairemeisters.

Say What Again

Do you think it was Csaba's choice to play a player in an untried position in place of Clum? (who isn't the greatest but at least has scored goals this season and has probably played up top with Glen on a few occasions)

What about taking Glen off for Clum and leaving Eggert on while behind in the match and chasing goals?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
If you really believe that Csaba has any authority to assert you Sir,are more deluded than the Lochend flairemeisters.

The delusion was that I was prepared to give him a chance in the first place.

I think the guy will reach breaking point because he is too passionate about what he does and loves his football so much that he will lose tolerance of the situation he is working under.

Today was pretty awful. Beaten at home in the Cup by a team who were happy to spend 90 minutes spoiling, time wasting and putting to good use the experience of a number of old timers like Pressley, McCann and Bullen. In other words a well organised team playing to their strengths. Still, such a team should not be beating Heart of Midlothian FC at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup.

Dougie McDonald is a nightmare. We all know that. His record in matches involving HMFC is shocking. But you know what you are going to get from him: Controversy and no favours.

I believe that today's result is just another embarassment in a long list since Romanov took over our club. However I was hoping that Csaba Laszlo's appointment would bring about some stability. I posted a thread a few weeks ago called "The Return to Stability?" in the belief that things were settling down again. However, with the latest farce of the transfer window, our last week's humiliation at Hamilton and now today, I really think we are in danger of regressing back to the horrors of the last two years.

I think that Csaba is a very unhappy man over the failure to sign the Artmedia centre back. I think he is unhappy that he is unable to get the best out of the players he has inherited. That he seems to be forced to play idiots like Zaliukas, play Eggert as a centre forward and that though the club talks up youth, he has taken so long to play Gary Glen and has lost Copil and does not seem to be able to give Ryan McGowan a chance. I fear now there is still not enough authority held by Csaba in team affairs. He may be fighting battles behind the scenes, winning some and losing others in his efforts to assert his authority. He may reach breaking point.

Marius Zaliukas is the worst centre back to play for Hearts since Gordan Petric. Do people remember him and the vitriol he got? It was fully deserved, we were luckily able to get rid of him though it cost us. Does anyone really believe we could get rid of Zaliukas so easily? Does anyone believe that after his suspension he will be back in the team? If Csaba had any integrity as a manager he would never play this charlatan again. I sincerely hope he is never seen in a maroon jersey again.

I think we will now struggle for a place in Europe. Let's pray for an Old Firm Scottish Cup final. A few weeks ago I though that us an DU were shoe in's. But the fragility has returned with a vengeance. The transfer window was probably not a surprise but for us who still live in hope, we believed that Csaba would be able to get a player or two in.

Some say we are in a transitional period, possibly similar to Craig Levein's first full season. That was a terrible year, beaten by ICT in the cup at home, St J, 4 losses to Livingston. But the following year Craig had jettisoned the dross and brought in De Vries, Stamp, Valois and we strolled third. But does anyone believe Csaba will be ALLOWED or is ABLE to do the same?

It is starting to look like we have had our season's highlight, knocking the riff-raff out the cup. That may just be our season in one match.

When Vladimir Romanov is gone and hopefully parties that have HEARTS as their main concern return to run our club and only then, will we really have Heart of Midlothian Football Club back.

i agree with everything you say , but the problem is , will csaba be allowed to show his authority.

we all know what will happen to him if he speaks out against the stallinist regime(radioactive poisoning , i think)or even tries to be a proper manager(instead of a token coach)

FWIW i honestly believe the loverman could be a great , if slightly unpredictable , manager for our beloved club if given a free reign.

at times i think that maybe we would be better off with the pieman back at the helm(can't believe i said that out loud)

Can't understand Kingstons substitution. He walk around and barely got invovled. Would have prefered to go three up front when time was slipping away.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
i agree with everything you say , but the problem is , will csaba be allowed to show his authority.

we all know what will happen to him if he speaks out against the stallinist regime(radioactive poisoning , i think)or even tries to be a proper manager(instead of a token coach)

FWIW i honestly believe the loverman could be a great , if slightly unpredictable , manager for our beloved club if given a free reign.

at times i think that maybe we would be better off with the pieman back at the helm(can't believe i said that out loud)

You are totally right. Csaba COULD be a good manager for us if given the chance. He is so passionate and likeable and you instinctively believe that he wants to succeed. But will he be allowed to in his own way?

The delusion was that I was prepared to give him a chance in the first place.

I think the guy will reach breaking point because he is too passionate about what he does and loves his football so much that he will lose tolerance of the situation he is working under.

He didn.t have too many job options before coming to Hearts. I don,t think he will be going anywhere soon and besides it suits romanov to have him as manager. He is`doing a reasonable job in the circumstances although the team selection today was bizarre.

The thing about 24/7 messageboards is they encourage hyperbole. Things are always black or white, with rarely much in between; posters react in constant kneejerk ways too. We're all guilty of this - not least myself, far too often.

The run we had in November and early December was hugely important and very encouraging. But obvious weaknesses in quality and quantity remained; player sales were expected in January; and like most clubs at the moment, we're skint. Fifth place always seemed a lot likelier to me than 3rd; nor did I expect much of a Cup run, although I of course hoped for one.

For me, this season's overriding priority was for the club to finally stabilise: for those in charge to appoint and trust in the manager; for the manager to pick the team on merit; for the huge financial losses of recent seasons to finally be stemmed. Much of this has happened. Sorry, but we are in transition, and it will take time. For all our bloated excesses of recent years, the team came close to picking itself during that excellent run; but we have little in the way of a squad, and almost nothing up front.

On top of this, we lost one of our few leaders and best central defender at the end of the window. Of course we're going to react to and be affected by that! And sure, we ballsed up getting in a replacement too; but how many of us honestly anticipated any signings in January? How many other clubs brought in new recruits? Very few indeed.

Progress after the shambles of 2006-8 will be painstaking and frustrating. It'll only be in the summer when Csaba will really have a chance to put his imprint on the team; and with the amount of players we'll have out of contract, and Driver, Aguiar and Kingston likely to leave sooner rather than later, we'll remain in transition for at least a year beyond that too. There were all number of setbacks under Craig Levein (including several in the ultimately successful 2002/3) before we got it right; there'll be plenty of setbacks under Csaba Laszlo too. That's football - especially at a club which has been living way beyond its means for far, far too long.

My position on this will change if the accounts reveal a still unacceptable level of debt; if Csaba leaves; or if Romanov returns to his old tricks. But as recently as last summer, many on here justifiably feared for the very future of the club. To now rise in tumult when we're 4th in the league and very much in the shake-up for a European spot strikes me as quite absurdly premature.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
The thing about 24/7 messageboards is they encourage hyperbole. Things are always black or white, with rarely much in between; posters react in constant kneejerk ways too. We're all guilty of this - not least myself, far too often.

The run we had in November and early December was hugely important and very encouraging. But obvious weaknesses in quality and quantity remained; player sales were expected in January; and like most clubs at the moment, we're skint. Fifth place always seemed a lot likelier to me than 3rd; nor did I expect much of a Cup run, although I of course hoped for one.

For me, this season's overriding priority was for the club to finally stabilise: for those in charge to appoint and trust in the manager; for the manager to pick the team on merit; for the huge financial losses of recent seasons to finally be stemmed. Much of this has happened. Sorry, but we are in transition, and it will take time. For all our bloated excesses of recent years, the team came close to picking itself during that excellent run; but we have little in the way of a squad, and almost nothing up front.

On top of this, we lost one of our few leaders and best central defender at the end of the window. Of course we're going to react to and be affected by that! And sure, we ballsed up getting in a replacement too; but how many of us honestly anticipated any signings in January? How many other clubs brought in new recruits? Very few indeed.

Progress after the shambles of 2006-8 will be painstaking and frustrating. It'll only be in the summer when Csaba will really have a chance to put his imprint on the team; and with the amount of players we'll have out of contract, and Driver, Aguiar and Kingston likely to leave sooner rather than later, we'll remain in transition for at least a year beyond that too. There were all number of setbacks under Craig Levein (including several in the ultimately successful 2002/3) before we got it right; there'll be plenty of setbacks under Csaba Laszlo too. That's football - especially at a club which has been living way beyond its means for far, far too long.

My position on this will change if the accounts reveal a still unacceptable level of debt; if Csaba leaves; or if Romanov returns to his old tricks. But as recently as last summer, many on here justifiably feared for the very future of the club. To now rise in tumult when we're 4th in the league and very much in the shake-up for a European spot strikes me as quite absurdly premature.

NO. Transition is in jeopardy because of the same old incompetence arising from this regime ie the transfer window. We have a suspect defence and lose our captain and mainstay. Csaba targets a replacement and through total ineptitude, we are unable to sign him.

Your post is laudable if you are talking about a "normal" football club.

HMFC is not a "normally" run club.

Laryea Kingston is reputedly on ?15k a week. Surely he would have been sold on by now in order to reduce "costs".

No. Heart of Midlothian will not return to normality until Vladimir Romanov leaves.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Were you there mate? :)

As always.

But you would have missed the action as usual at the end.

Which trough are you singing the Sash in on Saturday's at 4:30pm now?

NO. Transition is in jeopardy because of the same old incompetence arising from this regime ie the transfer window. We have a suspect defence and lose our captain and mainstay. Csaba targets a replacement and through total ineptitude, we are unable to sign him.

Your post is laudable if you are talking about a "normal" football club.

HMFC is not a "normally" run club.

Laryea Kingston is reputedly on ?15k a week. Surely he would have been sold on by now in order to reduce "costs".

No. Heart of Midlothian will not return to normality until Vladimir Romanov leaves.

I never expected us to sign anyone, to be frank: this was the position of many of us given the serious cashflow problems of earlier in the season. Kingston won't be sold until we can find a buyer willing to meet our valuation or at least close to it - which is something of a relief given what I thought might well happen last month.

HMFC is certainly run in an unusual way - I'll grant you that. Equally, how come so few clubs in Scotland or England strengthened at all during the window? You can't seriously think they don't have their squad and team weaknesses needing to be addressed too, can you?

I never expected us to sign anyone, to be frank: this was the position of many of us given the serious cashflow problems of earlier in the season. Kingston won't be sold until we can find a buyer willing to meet our valuation or at least close to it - which is something of a relief given what I thought might well happen last month.

HMFC is certainly run in an unusual way - I'll grant you that. Equally, how come so few clubs in Scotland or England strengthened at all during the window? You can't seriously think they don't have their squad and team weaknesses needing to be addressed too, can you?

There's always the possibility that none of these clubs have left themselves without a striker for a year. There's currently a lot of revisionism on this messageboard about the striker situation (not from you, I hasten to add). "We'll bring in a striker in January" has become "You didn't seriously expect us to sign anyone, did you?". It's a pattern which is gradually becoming familiar.

There's always the possibility that none of these clubs have left themselves without a striker for a year. There's currently a lot of revisionism on this messageboard about the striker situation (not from you, I hasten to add). "We'll bring in a striker in January" has become "You didn't seriously expect us to sign anyone, did you?". It's a pattern which is gradually becoming familiar.

Sure. I genuinely never thought we'd sign anyone though; and was very relieved (and surprised) only Berra left.

Sure. I genuinely never thought we'd sign anyone though; and was very relieved (and surprised) only Berra left.

in scotland we spent the most money,Balogh.

in scotland we spent the most money,Balogh.

Payment deferred until the summer though, of course.

just read your thread mate - brilliant and any "real " Hearts fans shouldn't disagree.

Archived