Sky wins Setanta EPL rights

Do The Dance

BSkyB has purchased 5 of the available 6 EPL tv packages. Meaning Setanta will now only show the Saturday evening games.

Setanta's coverage is pi55 poor, so pretty happy about this!

BBC website

Sky dont give a flying f.. about Scottish Football so i would not give them a penny!

The SFA doesn't give a flying f about scottish football.. ;)

The SFA doesn't give a flying f about scottish football.. ;)

Yep!! I cant see how you would pay so much a month to listen to Andy Gray speak so much pish!!

Sky dont give a flying f.. about Scottish Football so i would not give them a penny!

i wish someone would somehow start up a campaign to get the whole country to boycott SKY. if all the football oriented folk in scotland who subscribe to sky were to boycott it, maybe the likes of setanta could put together a better package where the money could be better spent. in turn the TV revenues the clubs see would be vastly higher.

england doesn't give a monkeys about scottish football. setanta pay buttons for the scottish package because there's a limited amount of money available to them to make. keep all the scottish TV subscriptions in scotland and setanta have a much bigger potential market share, and will pay scottish football accordingly.

i wish someone would somehow start up a campaign to get the whole country to boycott SKY. if all the football oriented folk in scotland who subscribe to sky were to boycott it, maybe the likes of setanta could put together a better package where the money could be better spent. in turn the TV revenues the clubs see would be vastly higher.

england doesn't give a monkeys about scottish football. setanta pay buttons for the scottish package because there's a limited amount of money available to them to make. keep all the scottish TV subscriptions in scotland and setanta have a much bigger potential market share, and will pay scottish football accordingly.

I would agree to this commie bull ish if Craig Burley got Trotsky'd :)

Walter Bishop

BskyB could revolutionise the game in scotland and help towards making the league a bigger and better place to play, if they paid say, 250 million for spl rights on the condition the clubs received an equal share and spent the cash on players we would see bigger crowds and major increases in revenue for sponsorship etc etc

am i not right in thinking the old firm turned down the offer from sky years ago as they wanted to go alone then realised they could not do it and we were left with the bbc deal that was less than the initial sky one?

Randle P McMurphy

Personally I think Sky should do more for Scottish football, primarily because around half of it's workforce are Scottish based. However they are in football to make a profit and I dare say there isn't much of that in Scottish football. Sky also have revolutionised football viewing, with multiple camera angles, HD, superior sound etc, their coverage pi$$es over Setanta's.

BskyB could revolutionise the game in scotland and help towards making the league a bigger and better place to play, if they paid say, 250 million for spl rights on the condition the clubs received an equal share and spent the cash on players we would see bigger crowds and major increases in revenue for sponsorship etc etc

We all know how it would all end up..... those greedy farkers in the weege would demand most of it and we would be back to square one... how I detest them, effin cancer of Scottish football :mad:

When it comes to Setanta they have openly come out and said they will show only what they have to so as they get the ugly sisters every week. Their coverage is awful plus I miss their Saturday games because I am following Hearts every game. I subscribe to them mostly for the American sports but if they shut down now it would not bother me. When you say England does not give a toss for Scottish football along with BBC and every other station they are of the same opinion and who could blame them, I have missed one Hearts game this season , Killie home and we are third equal and have played for about six halves of reasonable football all season. The standard here is awful and not worth paying for apart from the ugly sisters supporters who never miss a game sitting on their ar** in the house.

We can only hope that Satan TV lose the SPL when up for renewal in five years to a company with decent cameras, presenters and not the worst signal on freeview.

just reading this. The SPL made a couple of really bad moves SPL TV failed then selling off the family silver to the BBC for nothing. Now if they went back to sky where would they show the scottissh game? We are stuck with rotten enough slots already. I like going to games but not on Bloody monday nights, half twelve (or even quarter past 12 the other week at easter road) at the weekends. Thats what we would be left with cause the premiership/championship and even the Blue Square are in better slots than the SPL now.

We can only hope that Satan TV lose the SPL when up for renewal in five years to a company with decent cameras, presenters and not the worst signal on freeview.

The problem is that sky have blown Setanta out of the water over this deal. If Setanta had kept more of the English rights then sky would have tried to bid for the scottish rights thus forcing the value up plus biting into Setanta core market.

This deal is defo bad news for Scottish football as a whole because again it will increase the gulf in TV money. Plus its real bad news for the end consumers, yes the coverage is better but don't come moaning when sky again put the price up for its channels.

Archived