Csaba in 4-4-2 Shock!

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

The manager has pledged to adopt an attacking approach for the cup game and is considering returning Christos Karipidis to centre-back from midfield following Christophe Berra's departure.

"This is one option because Karipidis has played central defence many times before," he continued. "He is definitely an option, and Eggert and Ruben could go in midfield. When Kingston is fit he can play in midfield, as can Bruno. Then we could play with two strikers, this is all possible. We have a solution of one or two systems we can play. We must look to play a little bit offensive because we need to win the game. We need to be decisive in our own stadium and we will be.

"With 4-4-2 you must have the players, it's the same with 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1. We don't have the target striker we need but for now we use the players we have and try to push them into the right positions."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Balogh-back-between-the-sticks.4954499.jp

Hope it's true, bring it on!!! Get Glen and Nade up front and watch them fly in.

The manager has pledged to adopt an attacking approach for the cup game and is considering returning Christos Karipidis to centre-back from midfield following Christophe Berra's departure.

"This is one option because Karipidis has played central defence many times before," he continued. "He is definitely an option, and Eggert and Ruben could go in midfield. When Kingston is fit he can play in midfield, as can Bruno. Then we could play with two strikers, this is all possible. We have a solution of one or two systems we can play. We must look to play a little bit offensive because we need to win the game. We need to be decisive in our own stadium and we will be.

"With 4-4-2 you must have the players, it's the same with 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1. We don't have the target striker we need but for now we use the players we have and try to push them into the right positions."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Balogh-back-between-the-sticks.4954499.jp

Sounds good, but Csaba has mentioned this same thing a few times before and never done anything about it, can't see it changing anytime soon.

As long as it is Csaba deciding to run with it, without being leaned on then I'll accept it in the mean time.

Hope it's true, bring it on!!! Get Glen and Nade up front and watch them fly in.

aye But that means Michael Stewart may be a mid field of 4.....please noooooo :mw_rolleyes:

FFS if Nade isn't a target man, then wtf is he?

Certainly not a goal scorer.

Balogh

Neilson Karipidis Zaliukas Wallace

Obua Aguiar Jonsson(or Palazuelos) Driver

Nade Glen

:)

We_are_the_Hearts
FFS if Nade isn't a target man, then wtf is he?

Certainly not a goal scorer.

When he says target man he means the central player, not the big huddie that flicks things on. He sees nade as the man who runs the angles and can link up play obviously.

Csaba is spot on though, it is not as simple as just playing 4-4-2.

jamboinglasgow

why do I get the feeling we will play our usual formation on saturday and people will be going mad saying "but Csaba promised us 4-4-2"

When he says target man he means the central player, not the big huddie that flicks things on. He sees nade as the man who runs the angles and can link up play obviously.

Csaba is spot on though, it is not as simple as just playing 4-4-2.

To me a target man is the guy who can either play the big huddie role, or hold the ball up and bring runners into play. Both of which I think Nade is good at.

That's why I don't understand why Csasa says we don't have one.

For what it's worth, I do agree that playing a system is pointless if you don't have the players for it. It's just that I think we do.

We_are_the_Hearts
To me a target man is the guy who can either play the big huddie role, or hold the ball up and bring runners into play. Both of which I think Nade is good at.

That's why I don't understand why Csasa says we don't have one.

For what it's worth, I do agree that playing a system is pointless if you don't have the players for it. It's just that I think we do.

That is the Scottish thinking I agree. Csaba obviously sees it as the Central player who is the target for crosses and link up play ie the man in the box to make space and finish things. Just a difference in cultures I think!!

Excellent news. I look forward to seeing us play 4-4-2.

Aye like he definitly states that it'll be a 4-4-2 tae. "Possibility" "Could play" dont take it as definitive. I wouldnt want Csaba to give away the game plan the day before any road.

It's 4-4-2 for **** sake it is the most basic and straight forward system in football Csaba even said so himself when he first arrived so how the **** can we not have the players for it.Now wether it is a succesfull system or not in today age is a different matter.

why do I get the feeling we will play our usual formation on saturday and people will be going mad saying "but Csaba promised us 4-4-2"

Ditto.

Balogh

Neilson Zaliukas Kari Wallace

Templeton Aguiar Jonsson Driver

Glen Nade

I expect:

Balogh

Neilson Zal Jonsson Wallace

Obua Stewart Karipidis Driver

Aguiar

Nade

It's just a tactical ploy to fool the "genius" which is John Hughes.

We could tell him his shoe lace is untied and he would be there for days.

Why bother thinking up this gem?

Victor Meldrew

Because:

(1) People don't realise that he might just be saying this so Hughes doesn't also pack the midfield by playing 4-5-1

(2) Certain posters are always desperate to believe that Vlad is choosing the team, and will use any quote to try and prove it.

I agree with you - I think it will be 4-5-1. This is just an attempt to encourage Falkirk to play an attacking style.

obviously the delusional tactics of a wild-eyed crazy man.

everyone knows the way ahead in football is the 4-6 formation.

I was advocating playing a 4-0-6 formation at work on Tuesday.

Naturally some of the 6 will drop back into mittlefield when we were out of possession, so we would have a midfield, and hunners of options when we were going forward.

Sorted.

Balogh

Neilson McGowan Karipidis Wallace

Templeton Glen Nade Aguiar Obua Elliot

I was advocating playing a 4-0-6 formation at work on Tuesday.

Naturally some of the 6 will drop back into mittlefield when we were out of possession, so we would have a midfield, and hunners of options when we were going forward.

Sorted.

Balogh

Neilson McGowan Karipidis Wallace

Templeton Glen Nade Aguiar Obua Elliot

That's where we've been going wrong! All our midfield players have disapeared into mittlefield, no wonder we are losing games.:laugh:

Team i'd like to see-

Balogh

Neilson Zali Mcgowan Wallace

Driver Eggert Kara Obua

Nade Glen

Have Eggert and Kara sitting in midfield and have Obua and Driver sitting up would fancy both Glen and Driver to be able to use their pace against the Falkirk back 4 who aint the fastest especially with Elvis in their now and Nade and Obua should be able to win their fair share in the air, rhyming not intentional :tongue:

Because people like a good greet and a moan?

I dont see the problem of giving yourself the felxibility of having 2 strategies.

One a 4-5-1 (4-4-1-1) with a dominant midfield, supporting wingers and a clear target man.

...and by changing 1 person, moving too a 4-4-2 with a pacey striker up front as well.

2 different options with 1 simple switch.

The problem is, Csaba likes to start (and play a lot of the game) with the 4-5-1 option, most probably as its safer and less likely to give them a mountain to climb by losing a goal. He might change to a 4-4-2 later.

People however often dont relaly think about it and moooo about wanting 4-4-2 immediately.

However I think agianst Hamilton (and many other so called 'weaker' opposition) a 4-4-2 is less of a gamble and should be used.

Team i'd like to see-

Balogh

Neilson Zali Mcgowan Wallace

Driver Eggert Kara Obua

Nade Glen

Have Eggert and Kara sitting in midfield and have Obua and Driver sitting up would fancy both Glen and Driver to be able to use their pace against the Falkirk back 4 who aint the fastest especially with Elvis in their now and Nade and Obua should be able to win their fair share in the air, rhyming not intentional :tongue:

The only problem is that that means Zal is marshalling Gowzer through the game, which quite frankly scares the hell out of me.

I think it will be

Balogh

Neilson Zali Kari Wallace

Driver Eggert Stewart Obua

Nade Glen (or more likely Bruno)

Anyway 2 1 Hearts :laugh:

Oh and :108years:

special agent oso

We never had the players to play 4-4-2 before the transfer window , if we did 4-4-2 would have been played before now , and IMO I doubt we will see younger players getting a chance.

The only problem is that that means Zal is marshalling Gowzer through the game, which quite frankly scares the hell out of me.

I know but out of all our CH he's probs the most vocal and experienced don't fancy putting Eggert or Kara in their and think both are better in midfield and McGowan deserves his chance altho he could play in midfield the only time i've seen him in their was pre-season against the pars and he didn't have the best of games but then again nobody did that night

We could tell him his shoe lace is untied and he would be there for days.

Why bother thinking up this gem?

On closer inspection these are loafers:laugh:

The last time we played 4-4-2 at Tynecastle was agaisnt Kilmarnock and we lost.

That is true.

However, I don't think Karipidis should play in a midfield of 'only' 4, If we do happen to play 442 tomorrow, I hope he's back in central defence as he struggled in that particular game.

I don't think that Laszlo has any intention of changing the team setup.

He hasn't changed it all season - even after players have been sent off! So why change it now.

Guest Vanbasten1874
I don't think that Laszlo has any intention of changing the team setup.

He hasn't changed it all season - even after players have been sent off! So why change it now.

A wee touch of controversy here : i think if you read the article and read between the lines Laslo is asking 'someone' if we could adopt a more attacking formation for tomorrows game im not going to say who it is 'korobotchka' AHEM but i think youll find come 3pm tomorrow we will be reverting back to type : 4-5-1 4-3-3- blah blah with the lone striker told to try and manouvre himself a bit nearer the whitey box thingy where yon big net is if that is at all possible and try and place the ball in the damn thing using any part of his anatomy except arms and hands . That am afraid is about as attack minded as we will get .

Guest JamboRobbo
Aye like he definitly states that it'll be a 4-4-2 tae. "Possibility" "Could play" dont take it as definitive. I wouldnt want Csaba to give away the game plan the day before any road.

I shall find out tomorrow when I'm at the game supporting my team. Enjoy your hunt for a free link on the internet.

Balogh

Neilson Karipidis Zaliukas Wallace

Obua Aguiar Jonsson(or Palazuelos) Driver

Nade Glen

:)

Kingston in for Obua and that is the best 11 at the club, in my opinion.

We won't play 4-4-2.

it will be the usual and to be honest we have played that way all season and are sitting 4th so see no reason to change it.

I would like to see:

Balogh

Neilson

Karapidis

Zaliukas

Wallace

Driver

Jonsson

Aguir

Templeton

Nade

Glen

I know its probably a bit sudden to throw Templeton in the team, but I think we should give him a chance, he is a great talent.

:108years:

Does this mean we don't need to win our league games and he is happy with draws?

Is this chancer injured again??

Archived