Everton Vs Liverpool Help!(NHC)

barcajambo

Evening,

I was having a debate earlier, My friend seemed to think Liverpool and everton supporters are not given pacific sections of the ground and are all mixed together. I thought it was alot of nonsense. Can anyone enlighten me?

Evening,

I was having a debate earlier, My friend seemed to think Liverpool and everton supporters are not given pacific sections of the ground and are all mixed together. I thought it was alot of nonsense. Can anyone enlighten me?

I think your mate is right to an extent, the family sections at Anfield/Goodison are not segregated. The camera went on the everton supporters last night and there was some guy with his mrs, one of them in red and the other in blue!.

Imagine that at easter road or tynie!.haha

They can sit where they want but most fans sit at there own ends, ... its a tradition... I think.

The camera usually show you one boy in the whole ground that done it (bit of an exagerating slightly).

It used to be more mixed up until the early 90s when the trophy-winning capability of both began to wane. This is going back a while but the last derby I was at (Anfield '95) the atmosphere had a nastier edge to it than when I was much younger and seeing these games when both were going for the title. Those that I know who live in the area inform me that they no longer go in the opposition end as they feel it has gotten to be more trouble than it's worth. Obviously some still do (going from what has already been said on this thread) but not as many as before it seems.

pupstersajambo
Evening,

Wouldn't that be a little wet if they were? (clue: the word's specific)

definately loose segregation (if any) from what i've picked up.

i've got a couple of scouse mates (he's everton, she's liverpool) and they go to derby's together and sit with each other without hiding colours or hiding who they're supporting.

he invaded the pitch with all the other evertonians after a win once, leaving her in her seat and told her "i'll meet you in the pub". what a legend

Victor Meldrew

There was an article in the Times about how it used to be a very friendly derby, but that in recent years the atmosphere has become increasingly hostile.

There was an article in the Times about how it used to be a very friendly derby, but that in recent years the atmosphere has become increasingly hostile.

maybe because everton have improved and are more of a threat now? can't think of another reason really

I think it's known as the "friendly" derby, or the world cup final if you're an Evertonian :D

Refreshing to see good old fashioned football rivalry, none of this ridiculous bigoted pish.

I've been to a few merseyside derbys and the mixing of supporters has reduced greatly over the last few years. At the 2-1 game Borthers mentioned earlier, i had a kopite sitting next to me. The guy in front of me didn't seem to like him (who could blame him) when Murphy scored the kopite celebrated for about 3 seconds before getting lamped by the guy in front.

Segregation is there for a reason folks:tongue:

Archived