pressley poll

Guest jambomickey

will you remember elvis as a good captain and servant to hearts fc?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. will you remember elvis as a good captain and servant to hearts fc?

• yes
    • no

Guest S.U.S.S.

Dont think there are enough options,

Yes he was a great captain and has our thanks for the good things he did, but imo he let himself and us down with his actions on his return.

Johanes de Silentio
Dont think there are enough options,

Yes he was a great captain and has our thanks for the good things he did, but imo he let himself and us down with his actions on his return.

Sensible post, IMO.

Hearts Heritage

Elvis is the joint second longest serving Captain in Hearts History only Bobby Parker was Captain longer.

i have the utmost respect for what elvis did while contrracted to us, and i loved him as our captain

he made a grave error with the chest thump and i was quite vocal about it at the time, but its history!

i will choose to remember his time with us, as a leader and an inspirational captain who led us to a scottish cup.

i'd have him back as a coaching figure along with terry any day of the week!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Elvis is the joint second longest serving Captain in Hearts History only Bobby Parker was Captain longer.

Eh, Hitler was in charge for some time does that make him great?

i have the utmost respect for what elvis did while contrracted to us, and i loved him as our captain

he made a grave error with the chest thump and i was quite vocal about it at the time, but its history!

i will choose to remember his time with us, as a leader and an inspirational captain who led us to a scottish cup.

i'd have him back as a coaching figure along with terry any day of the week!

Agreed Bev, he made a mistake, as we all make mistakes. I forgive him that one mistake however given how much he gave to the Hearts cause.

Johanes de Silentio

Also our most capped player, unless I'm very much mistaken.

I wish you'd change the tagline under your avatar. It gets my hopes up every time I see it. :laugh:

Nicholas Brody

Not really the fairest of comparisons really:mw_rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.
I wish you'd change the tagline under your avatar. It gets my hopes up every time I see it. :laugh:

Sorry, im open to suggestion tho!:)

Not really the fairest of comparisons really:mw_rolleyes:

Yeah, probably a bit harsh!:mw_rolleyes:

Hearts Heritage
Also our most capped player, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Yes and No.

In Official games, Yes breaking Bobby Walker's record. However counting Wartime games which were played before enormous crowds Tommy Walker holds the record (and would have held the Scottish Cap Record too).

I'd personally like those games to count despite the poor Scottish record in them. At the time they were not presented as unofficial.

Archived