Does anyone know where David Beckham is tonight?!?!?!

bertracoon

Jesus, what a footballing backwater this country is.

The scenes surrounding Beckham arriving for a FRIENDLY today were nothing short of pathetic.

Scottish media is a pile of p15h

Milan.

Alistair McGowan is filling in for him tonight.

Nope, he's just been on the One Show!

*was just on in the background, honest!

As I've said before,

Beckham is more like a golfer than a footballer. When he makes a pass or a shot, instead of continuing on a run he instead stands back to admire his effort.

Beckham is more famous for being famous than he is for being a footballer.

I'd imagine that this would have been the reason that sir Alex got rid of him years ago. He would have sensed that the whole circus was getting out of control.

Maradona seemed to sum him up in his atoubiography when he wrote,

"David Beckham, nice touches, can play really well, although he worries too much about his spice girl."

I was cringing at the whineing weegie bint of a reporter shouting 'David, David, David, what do you think of Scotland' ? What a f4nny. What's he gonna say? the tarmac was nice & your customs desk was clean.

I've noticed all the west coast media ask foreign players things like...... 'what do you think of Scotland'.......'what do you think of the Scottish fans'..........etc....etc.

They must be soooo insecure through there or think everybody loves them.

Fuds, the lot of them.

As I've said before,

Beckham is more like a golfer than a footballer. When he makes a pass or a shot, instead of continuing on a run he instead stands back to admire his effort.

I'd imagine that this would have been the reason that sir Alex got rid of him years ago. He would have sensed that the whole circus was getting out of control.

"David Beckham, nice touches, can play really well, although he worries too much about his spice girl."

He fits in well at Milan which is little more than a big circus.

To be fair, he's done well in games where the pace has been slow

This isnt a very popular opinion to have (well, amongst football fans rather than celebrity magazine readers) but I have a lot of time for Beckham. he is a bit ridiculous at times, with his missus and wearing skirts and all his celebrity friends, but I think he is a model professional. He always comes across as a respectful guy.

I kind of feel sorry for him since his move to L.A. I genuinely think he thought he was washed up. Out of the England squad, out of the Madrid squad and he saw the offer from L.A and couldnt turn it down (probably getting hassle again off the missus).

Anyway he then went on the play a major part for Real Madrid in their successful pursuit of La Liga. Whatsmore I think he has proved with Milan and occasionally with England that he is still a big game player. He was never a player who relied on his pace and so at 33 (ish) he still has a lot to offer in Serie A (and at AC Milan he is still a spring chicken!).

His mistake has been moving to American too soon. I remember a rumour that Inter were interested when he signed for L.A - it was a big mistake not moving to Italy then I think. He would have still been playing at a top level and Victoria could have had fun in Milan I'm sure. Im sure after a few years he could have gone to America to retire, but now it seems like he's wasted 2 years of his careers. Fair play to him though I hope he gets the permanent move to Milan he wants.

Jesus, what a footballing backwater this country is.

The scenes surrounding Beckham arriving for a FRIENDLY today were nothing short of pathetic.

Scottish media is a pile of p15h

i hope he has an outrageous dive and wins a penalty.

I kind of feel sorry for him since his move to L.A. I genuinely think he thought he was washed up. Out of the England squad, out of the Madrid squad and he saw the offer from L.A and couldnt turn it down (probably getting hassle again off the missus).

He was inspirational in Madrids come back to win the league last season, when he got back into the team.

I was cringing at the whineing weegie bint of a reporter shouting 'David, David, David, what do you think of Scotland' ? What a f4nny. What's he gonna say? the tarmac was nice & your customs desk was clean.

I've noticed all the west coast media ask foreign players things like...... 'what do you think of Scotland'.......'what do you think of the Scottish fans'..........etc....etc.

They must be soooo insecure through there or think everybody loves them.

Fuds, the lot of them.

Naw she was screeching "what day ye think o Glasgow".

They edited out the bit where he said "I think it's a feckin midden" unfortunately.

The weegie reporterette was screeching like a budgie on speed though - what an embarrassment.

I was at Ibronx tonight - got a freebie ticket and very nearly got lynched for laughing when Kaka ripped them a new arsehole in the 15 minute spell that AC decided to actually try a leg.

Beckham played the first half - he doesn't look close to being fit, but there is nobody that can deliver a 50-60 yard pass like him. Different class. I reckon he'll do well in the Italian league.

As I've said before,

When you look at the list of manager's who have rated Beckham, I don't think you can undervalue his ability. I do agree though that fergie thought it was getting too much which was why he was happy to let him go.

As for the Maradona quote........i'll say: "Maradona, nice touches, canplay really well, cheating junkie"

I've always believed that Beckham has been vastly overated during his career.

That being said, though since his move to Madrid his professionalism has been great and makes him one of the more respectable famous players.

Rudolf's Mate

I agree that he has been overrated at times however his final season, especially the last couple of months for Real Madrid he was out of this world.

As for people saying it was only a friendly.... Look at the team Milan have. Doesn't matter where they turn up they will get the crowds!

Archived