Hearts Finance Shock! Video!

Stuart Lyon

A wee video from a Hearts night held at Harry Ramsden's, Newhaven in early 1995 I think.

Listen to Tommy McLean when he winds the evening up! Nothing seems to have changed in 14 years.

Cigaro I didn't capture it on film but one youngster asked Gary Locke why he wasn't playing every week and his reply was "you'll need to ask the manager".

Some shocking hairdoos and fashion crimes going on.

The 90s: worst decade ever for style.

Buffalo Bill

Some shocking hairdoos and fashion crimes going on.

The 90s: worst decade ever for style.

Buffalo Bill

You would love to have a shocking hairdo:)

badly drawn boy

Interesting

Levein and Mackay at either end of the table , even then

Locke making no sense

Bannon in balde heed shock

Hearts in finanical doo , relying on youth as the way forward

You would love to have a shocking hairdo:)

Shut it ya Fife toupee wearing raj.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow

it shows you that youth creation has always played an important part for the club since the begining. Our periods of great success come after we bring through many young players.

Tommy Walkers team was mainly Hearts created players (based on David McLean's origninal dedication to youth policy.) This mixed with some well chosen transfers created Hearts most succesful decade.

Alex MacDonald's teams in the 80s also had youth players as an important part to the creation and from it we almost won the league.

Jim Jefferies team brought in talented youngsters from other teams as well as some from the club mixed with foregin players who were some find (a player like Flogel was the kind of player that can benefit the club no end) and won our first trophey for 36 years.

The 1914 team was built with youngsters and local talent from around Scotland and was called "the best team in Scotland without paying large transfer fees."

So it appears what is nessecary for a succesful hearts team over the years is a good base of young players who have been raised through the ranks or taken from other teams. And our youth has always been important.

I miss Hearty Harry. :( :(

I once hired the hearty Harry costume for a surprise party for European jambos Mum ! it was a very heavy and warm costume and the shoes were HUGE !!

Great fun it was though danced (Somehow) to lot of hearts songs

Interesting

Levein and Mackay at either end of the table , even then

Locke making no sense

Bannon in balde heed shock

Hearts in finanical doo , relying on youth as the way forward

Was going to ask if this was that taken pre or post Gary's hospital ball that ended up finally ending Levein's career but remembered Jefferies was in charge that night. (Dunfermline at home, League Cup tie)

I miss Hearty Harry. :( :(

Same! Got his autograph when I was about 8 or 9 at a Christmas party in the Gorgie suite. Josh and Gemma were shocking mascots, I don't think the Tynie Tigers are too bad.

Never realised Hearty Harry's last game as mascot was the 5-1 derby. :D

... and to think that all the money raised that night was spent on 1 week of Gordan Petric's salary.

I hate Tommy McLean.

Thanks for that, Stuart! :)

A wee video from a Hearts night held at Harry Ramsden's, Newhaven in early 1995 I think.

Listen to Tommy McLean when he winds the evening up! Nothing seems to have changed in 14 years.

Eggo ignore our Irvine Welsh. He is busy drawing rabbits on his heed so they look like hares.

Hee.

Archived