Transfer money to Australia

grumpyjambo

Just a guess here, but I though a SWIFT transfer was the only way to transfer cash to a foreign account? Maybe it depends on who you bank with

Try ozforex.com

Takes a wee while to get set up but they do cheap transfers of larger amounts with better exchange rates than you'd normally see.

TT

My folks sent me some dosh over at christmas through moneygram only cost them about 11 quid, half the price of a transfer to my Aus account, you only need to fill one quick form this side and have somesort of photo ID, (DL, passport)...just be sure that the you put the full name thats ont he ID of the person receiving the money on the form you fill in...sure my folks did at Thomas cooks the money was available the follwing day here

http://www.moneygram.com/MGI/index.htm

Western union is how my inlaws did it. We used ozforex when we were transferring the proceeds of a house sale across.

Don't just look at the cost of the transfer. Sites like xoom do mega cheap transfers, but you get hosed by the interest rate.

All depends on what you're trying to do. Generally the cheapest way is to use an atm or credit card when you get there, but that might not work for what you're trying to do.

Archived