TENNIS

comradejambo

Just bought 2 tickets for the final of the French Open in Paris on June 7th. Were in the worst seats but just to be at a grand slam final is pretty awesome!

Nucky Thompson

Sounds good. I have a list of sporting events I would love to do. Monaco Grand Prix, Superbowl and Wimbledon Mens Singles Final. The Only thing I've done is the Grand National:mw_rolleyes:

King of the North
Just bought 2 tickets for the final of the French Open in Paris on June 7th. Were in the worst seats but just to be at a grand slam final is pretty awesome!

Good shout. If it's half as good as the final of the Aussie open, you'll be in for a treat I would reckon.

I P Knightley

Do you know what other finals they have on the day? I'm not at all sure but have a sneaky suspicion that they also put the women's final on last day of the French Open.

Barring injury, you're going to see Nadal pummel someone in straight sets. It won't have you on the edge of your seat like the Aussie Open or Wimbledon finals just gone would have, but it will be great for you to soak up the atmosphere and watch a top level match.

I've never been a huge fan of the French Open. There's (almost) always one player who is head & shoulders better than the rest on clay (Borg, Muster, Keurtin & now Nadal) so there's less excitement about who will come through to win it. I'd say there's even fewer upsets than the old days of Wimbledon when we knew that Becker, Edberg, Sampras, Ivanisevic would all make it to the final.

God - it looks like I'm trying to rain on your parade. I'm not. If someone offered me a ticket to go, I'd be there like a shot and will, no doubt, be glued to it in front of the telly; all the while posting on here about the progress, or lack thereof, of the usual suspects, Murray & Federer.

Sounds good. I have a list of sporting events I would love to do. Monaco Grand Prix, Superbowl and Wimbledon Mens Singles Final. The Only thing I've done is the Grand National:mw_rolleyes:

Did you win?:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

I'd heard you'd done a few horses too :D

Archived