No Berra for Wolves tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

i heard they were after some artmedia player to replace him but they couldn't sign him in time, maybe he was having a medical at tynecastle?

ToadKiller Dog

David Murray has (sorry sir david murray) has told them not to play him as the Uglies need him fit for August.

alwaysthereinspirit

3 - 3. Looks like they needed Berra tonight.

They do have a striker though. Hat trick for Ebanks-Blake.

Ginger God Is Back

If you go to Wolves website, reason given is that he has only completed a couple of light training sessions this week.

If anyones interested, they played tonight in the league and the score was 3-3 and 21,654 watched the game. Berra was left out.

Just seen the highlights, and what a complete laugh. The defending was comical at times from both teams.

Stearman (Wolves central defender) is an absolute numpty. He is MINCE!! Gave away a goal.

So much for the Championship being a better level than the SPL.

portobellojambo1
If you go to Wolves website, reason given is that he has only completed a couple of light training sessions this week.

I just watched the highlights of the game on Sky, and I'll bet Wolves are wishing now they had just stuck Christophe in. The defending from both sides was as close to a comedy sketch as you are likely to get outside of SPL refereeing performances.

He should have no problems shining in that league. If I were a Wolves fan I would be getting more worried weekly as to whether or not they will make the EPL without going through the lottery of the playoffs.

I notice Neil Collins wasn't playing for Wolves tonight, was he injured/suspended? That Stearman looked awful, would expect either Christophe or Collins to take his place in defence in the next game.

David Murray has (sorry sir david murray) has told them not to play him as the Uglies need him fit for August.

Don't even joke about that, man. I would personally dismantle mordor brick by brick if that happened....

It was maybe a bad result tonight, however, its one game.

Stearman is a highly rated young defender who had an off game alongside an unusual defensive partner.

Craddock is an ageing defender who played due to Neil Collins being unavailable through injury.

Berra has also been known to have a poor game as has every footballer and it appears tonight was it for the wolves defence, I am surprised he didnt make the bench, although didnt expect him to start. However I suppose he has only just moved down and its probably been a hard week so you can see why mccarthy made the choice he did.

All that aside the wolves defence has conceded 40 goals this season in 31 games so I would expect him to quickly force his way in to the reckoning, I suspect alongside Stearman as the regular defence.

Did Stearman used to play for Leicester?

Yeah

Moved to Wolves in the summer after they were relegated, he's actually meant to be a cracking centre half.

Been on the scene for a few years now and has played almost as many games as Berra despite being a fair few years younger (only just turned 21).

Was just reading a few posts about wolves on their fan forum there and it seems all there fans want Berra and Stearman as the first choice centre halfs, however, they also suggest mccarthy has a bit of a love in for Collins so if this is the case Berra might have a fight on his hand not to warm the bench.

Charlie-Brown
Yeah

Moved to Wolves in the summer after they were relegated, he's actually meant to be a cracking centre half.

Been on the scene for a few years now and has played almost as many games as Berra despite being a fair few years younger (only just turned 21).

Was just reading a few posts about wolves on their fan forum there and it seems all there fans want Berra and Stearman as the first choice centre halfs, however, they also suggest mccarthy has a bit of a love in for Collins so if this is the case Berra might have a fight on his hand not to warm the bench.

Cheers Prancer :) I saw that kid a few times in some games and he looked a decent player from what I can remember even though Leicester were very hot & cold at the time and heading down the league.

If anyones interested, they played tonight in the league and the score was 3-3 and 21,654 watched the game. Berra was left out.

Just seen the highlights, and what a complete laugh. The defending was comical at times from both teams.

Stearman (Wolves central defender) is an absolute numpty. He is MINCE!! Gave away a goal.

Most of it is a better level. Hamilton, St Mirren, Inverness etc wouldn't get near League One let alone the Championship.

Years ago I used to think we'd have walked, or at least competed for promotion in England's second tier. Now I reckon we'd be mid-table at the very best.

It was maybe a bad result tonight, however, its one game.

Stearman is a highly rated young defender who had an off game alongside an unusual defensive partner.

Craddock is an ageing defender who played due to Neil Collins being unavailable through injury.

Berra has also been known to have a poor game as has every footballer and it appears tonight was it for the wolves defence, I am surprised he didnt make the bench, although didnt expect him to start. However I suppose he has only just moved down and its probably been a hard week so you can see why mccarthy made the choice he did.

All that aside the wolves defence has conceded 40 goals this season in 31 games so I would expect him to quickly force his way in to the reckoning, I suspect alongside Stearman as the regular defence.

Why do you never stick up for hearts players?

Don't really care any more what he gets up to with Wolves.

Same wi Gordon and Sunderland.

Wish them all the best then cut them loose... the pain of losing your club's best player takes a little time to heal!

:byebye::dramaqueen:

alwaysthereinspirit
I just watched the highlights of the game on Sky, and I'll bet Wolves are wishing now they had just stuck Christophe in. The defending from both sides was as close to a comedy sketch as you are likely to get outside of SPL refereeing performances.

He should have no problems shining in that league. If I were a Wolves fan I would be getting more worried weekly as to whether or not they will make the EPL without going through the lottery of the playoffs.

Other than the goal scoring bit :tongue: Wolves look like they have their own Nade in Ebanks Blake.

Forever Maroon
Surprised. Thought they'd want to throw him in right away.

Apparently although Wolves signed him before the deadline, they hadn?t received international clearance in time for him to play last night.

Apparently they could have played him but McCarthy didn't want to throw him in when he hasn't trained with the team and gotten to know them. I think it's a good call from McCarthy as if he had a shocker from being unfamilar with everything then it might have soured him to the Wolves fans before he had a proper chance, I get the impression that they are a bit unhappy with things at the moment as they haven't been playing that well and their defence seems to be a bit of a nightmare, If Berra went in and looks **** on his first night they'll be even worse.

too true man, too true

I'd hate to see Ross Tokley, Andy Millen and David Van Zanten stoop to that level!:laugh:

I know eh.

It is a myth perpetuated by the English. It isn't really their fault, they are brought up to believe they are superior in every way.

Archived