who will score goals to fire us to europe

jamborleystatto

jamborleystatto

we all knew in august we needed a striker in january,were joint 3rd with a minus gf,mad,main striker big nads has 2goals in february.we got 2,3m for berra,surely we couold have bought a proven goalscorer for 150grand,which would give us a hell of a chance,well be doin darn well to qualify for europe with na goals up front.it aint rocket science,apart from this big problem were ok in general why wasnt this adressed in january,

A proven goal scorer for ?150k:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And BTW , isn't a .

Knew we should have bid for David Vila

Let's push the boat out and spend 300K on both David Villa and Thierry Henry!!!!:rolleyes:

I'd buy that for a dollar:108years:

Frankenstein Jambo.

We all knew in August that we needed a new striker in january. We are currently joint 3rd in the league with a minus goal difference. Christian Nade, our main striker, has only two goals. We got 2-3m for berra so surely we could have bought a proven goalscorer for 150 thusand pound which would give us a hell of a chance to come 3rd?. I now feel that we will be doing well to qualify for europe with no goals up front. It's not rocket science that we need a striker so this is now a huge problem. We are ok in general so why wasn't this addressed in january?

You need to improve your grammer mate because its really hard to understand and read. I have edited your post to what i think you meant.

I don't think we would be able to find a proven goalscorer 150 thousand mate. They cost millions but we could of bought a young, talented player who could be moulded into a goal scorer with Shabba's guidence.

I am dissapointed but **** happens so just move on and get on with it.

we all knew in august we needed a striker in january,were joint 3rd with a minus gf,mad,main striker big nads has 2goals in february.we got 2,3m for berra,surely we couold have bought a proven goalscorer for 150grand,which would give us a hell of a chance,well be doin darn well to qualify for europe with na goals up front.it aint rocket science,apart from this big problem were ok in general why wasnt this adressed in january,

Why don't you go and have a dig around online, see what sort of players are available/valued at approx ?150k and then we can debate whether or not they'd be suitable?

If you can't find any, therein lies your answer. :)

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
We all knew in August that we needed a new striker in january. We are currently joint 3rd in the league with a minus goal difference. Christian Nade, our main striker, has only two goals. We got 2-3m for berra so surely we could have bought a proven goalscorer for 150 thusand pound which would give us a hell of a chance to come 3rd?. I now feel that we will be doing well to qualify for europe with no goals up front. It's not rocket science that we need a striker so this is now a huge problem. We are ok in general so why wasn't this addressed in january?

You need to improve your grammer mate because its really hard to understand and read. I have edited your post to what i think you meant.

I don't think we would be able to find a proven goalscorer 150 thousand mate. They cost millions but we could of bought a young, talented player who could be moulded into a goal scorer with Shabba's guidence.

You could improve your spelling while you are at it, mate ;).

Find it really ironic, people picking up on grammar/spelling mistakes, and then making one themselves. :tongue:

People in glass houses

grammar

it's

I

goalscorer for ?150 thousand

could have or could've

guidance

disappointed

To take Statto's point up, can he name just 2 possibilities for Csaba that would enhance our situation.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Find it really ironic, people picking up on grammar/spelling mistakes, and then making one themselves. :tongue:

Aii but at least you can understand what i type :mw_rolleyes:

Dagger Is Back

No-one is going to score the goals that we need.

We won't get a striker hitting double figures in the league I reckon. Where are the ostriches who said during the early part of the season that it didn't matter because the goals were being scored throughout the team? Utter cobblers!

I don't know enough about world football to be able to tell CL where he could have sourced a striker - that's his job and his scouting team - he also had Vlads wee library.

GG is a great wee prospect but we do run the risk of burning him out and putting too much pressure on him by playing him too much and the weight of our collective hopes and expectations.

**** knows what happens when injuries/suspensions bite.

Ridiculous position to be in.

janos balogh, get him on the free kicks and pens

It didn't do Paraguay any harm.

chilavert1.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Dagger Is Back
I think Gary Glen is probably the only player in the squad who looks like a goalscorer. I understand peoples concerns about burn out, but I do think we're being a tad protective of the lad. Ultimately, if he good enough and ready he will make the step up. If not well he can be dropped to the bench or the reserves.

I would give the guy a run, I really dont see what we've got to loose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. I think in an ideal world we'd nurture him along but the reality is that we need goals now and he's the only card in the pack who looks like he has the potential to deliver.

We were/are crying out for a striker. Almost everyone to a man (and woman) acknowledged this fact, as did the gaffer.

Feckin' disgrace and short-sightedness that we didn't sign a goal scorer.

Frankenstein Jambo.
We were/are crying out for a striker. Almost everyone to a man (and woman) acknowledged this fact, as did the gaffer.

Feckin' disgrace and short-sightedness that we didn't sign a goal scorer.

goal scorers don't grow on fecking trees.

:laugh: Dont you just love when some diddy does that!:laugh:

Era Macaroons

I share your sentiment.....ignore the spelling/grammar dweebs, they just clog up the board.

With Aberdeen and D Utd looking reasonable this year our dire goalscoring and striker options is of real concern.

not sure if ?150k could have got us a 'good un' but you would have thought we would have brought SOMEONE in to at least give us more options up front.

Looks like Driver will need to carry us, hope that Glen continues to develop and Nade has a visit from the skill fairy.

I share your sentiment.....ignore the spelling/grammar dweebs, they just clog up the board.

With Aberdeen and D Utd looking reasonable this year our dire goalscoring and striker options is of real concern.

not sure if ?150k could have got us a 'good un' but you would have thought we would have brought SOMEONE in to at least give us more options up front.

Looks like Driver will need to carry us, hope that Glen continues to develop and Nade has a visit from the skill fairy.

But our dire goalscoring has led us to joint third in the table. Not saying we couldn't do with another striker, far from it, but we have managed so far....

As our squad stands, I think Glen is the real hope. He looks the part from what I have seen so far, however if we insist on playing 4-5-1 there is only really space for one striker anyway.

Harry Kinnear
Harry Kinnear?

Sadly I now weigh 104 kilos and am over 50, nevertheless i went for a run this am to prepare for next season... Kinnear must score....he's missed

who says we needed to buy someone!!!!!!

surely we could have got in a couple of loan deals as thats what the majority of the transfer window has been.

used the ?150 grand as the wages to fund this, get into europe, make plenty money and everyones a winner. :108years:

Why didn't we get Kevin Kyle, if Killie could afford him so could we and he scored on his debut, thats as many goals as Nade scored in the first 5 months of this season. How hard did Csaba and Vlad try to get a striker..................didn't try at all.

Archived