Time for Ryan McGowan

CJGJ

6' 3 -- central defender -- time for him to take his chance.

Straight swap with minimal disruption -- cannot understand why he is not being viewed as replacement now.

Just because he's a 6foot 3 central defender does not mean he's up to replacing Berra. I hope he is though coz we ain't got much else.

Straight swap with minimal disruption -- cannot understand why he is not being viewed as replacement now.

Obviously hes not ready,ill let the ones who work day in/out with him to make the decision.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Yeah it's now or never for Gowzer

Saw him a few times playing for the 19s , big strong physical presence ,

vocal natural centre -back and with Rapnik and Sives gone he must be in

with a good chance to progress in the senior team .

It would mean a straight swap and minimal disruption to the team

is Eggert the long term centre-back for the rest of the season ?

telford_jambo
Obviously hes not ready,ill let the ones who work day in/out with him to make the decision.

so ur happy happy having an ill disiplined crap defender like zaliukas in there? he CANNOT be any worse. Sounds your being a little jobsworth!

Charlie-Brown

He's a bit like Eggert & can play in a number of positions, i wouldnt just think of him as a centre back.

McGowan and Templeton were promoted to the 1st team squad at the begiining of the year.

And now it's time to be promoted to the team -- I like Eggert but he is not physical enough to play centre back on a regular basis.

PS -- also Falkirk will play 2 tall forwards on Saturday and we need the height.

Thunderstruck

It's only a couple of years since Berra was given a similar opportunity so why not. Hopefully, he will make the same progress.

Prince Buaben

What about Rapnik?

loveofthegame
wish we had bought Kevin Kyle

Agreed, playing a striker in Berra's place at CH would have definitely been the answer...

Seriously?

No, he's right.

Kyles mum had a huge load of dishes and cleaning to be done so she's managed to secure him on loan to get the chores done.

Whilst he's staying at his ma's he's turning out at Killie for pocket money.

No, he's right.

Kyles mum had a huge load of dishes and cleaning to be done so she's managed to secure him on loan to get the chores done.

Whilst he's staying at his ma's he's turning out at Killie for pocket money.

Kenny, either that is genius, or you've lost it:p

I have no idea what you're on about:D

the voice from above
no hes actually gone left ta ta bye forever..

real shame

BBC still list him as on loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7834319.stm

'The Tynecastle club have also allowed defender Matej Rapnik to join NK Bravo on loan, midfielder Dumitru Copil has joined Atletico Arad and midfielder Mirsad Beslija, midfielder has moved to F.K. Zeljeznicar'

BBC still list him as on loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7834319.stm

'The Tynecastle club have also allowed defender Matej Rapnik to join NK Bravo on loan, midfielder Dumitru Copil has joined Atletico Arad and midfielder Mirsad Beslija, midfielder has moved to F.K. Zeljeznicar'

Beslija was released months ago.

Chick Young works for the BBC.

Era Macaroons
Agreed, playing a striker in Berra's place at CH would have definitely been the answer...

Its quite normal for big strikers to go back to CH at the twighlight of their career.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Its quite normal for big strikers to go back to CH at the twighlight of their career.

True, but Kevin Kyle is absolutely gash.

Didnt even know that

I was quite disappointed, as a lot were I think.

Reports seemed to have him down as a very good prospect, and now would be the time he would be getting his chance.

Walter Bishop
so ur happy happy having an ill disiplined crap defender like zaliukas in there? he CANNOT be any worse. Sounds your being a little jobsworth!

ill Discipline? Crap?

:108years::108years::108years:

Away back to imstillbreastfedat30.net and play with your mates.

ill Discipline? Crap?

:108years::108years::108years:

Away back to imstillbreastfedat30.net and play with your mates.

TBH Zal being our main CH now concerns me big time.

Era Macaroons

Experienced tho....and if he turned out to be gash at CH then we could put him up front beside the other gash to give us massivlely improved chances of bagging a goal.

He would have had a nose for goal at free kicks and corners as well...

anyway...its all hypothetical....Ive got a better idea...why dont we sign naebody.

Footballfirst

I've seen a fair bit of Gowser playing with the U19s an reserves in the past couple of seasons. I don't think he uses his physical attributes sufficiently when playing at CB.

I think that his best position is as a defensive midfielder similar to that played by Karapidis. In the absence of Rapnik, who should have been groomed exactly for these circumstaces into the left sided CB role. I would play Karipidis at CB and Gowser in midfield.

wish we had bought Kevin Kyle

Just cause he scored against St Mirren, we would be better with Jeremy Kyle.

Jamie Mole has managed to knock 1 in against them, should we get him back in the team?

Kenny, either that is genius, or you've lost it:p

I have no idea what you're on about:D

I'd go for genius, but I've got a vested interest. ;)

at Scotland level yes he is, but ill bet he scores a hatful of goals in the SPL, i was very impressed with his performance against St Mirren , loads of players who dont succeed in England become big stars in the SPL, Paul Hartley, Steven pressley, Stevie crawford and Lee Miller all became international players after being flops in the English leagues.

I honeslty thought Rapnik had went home on a loan deal to get his head together because he was unsettle a little bit, and frustrated with his lack of first team exposure.

Thats insane, I can't see why we'd completely let go of someone so highly rated.

chester copperpot
TBH Zal being our main CH now concerns me big time.

Best post on here. Im genuinely scared about the fact Zal is our main defender now.

We need a big, hard, boot them up the park, sort of defender IMO.

Best post on here. Im genuinely scared about the fact Zal is our main defender now.

We need a big, hard, boot them up the park, sort of defender IMO.

We dont really have anyone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck the way Pressley and latterly Berra was doing. It concerns me. The only one with that sort of drive is Stewart, and well, he's Michael Stewart, which is a hindrance from the off what with his temper. Neilson, but he is a bit too nicey nicey IMO.

Insult Kari before he goes out. Make him snarl, might be our best bet ATM.

Era Macaroons
Just cause he scored against St Mirren, we would be better with Jeremy Kyle.:laugh:

Jamie Mole has managed to knock 1 in against them, should we get him back in the team?

Very shallow assumption, Ive became aware KK was a handfull when he was at Sunderland, no surprise hes scored here already ....one of many more to come I would wager....I for one will be concerned when he plays against us.

Mole ? whos he? :rolleyes:

Yes.till the management team deem him ready.

And please look up what "jobsworth" means,as that sentence makes no sense whatsoever:mw_rolleyes:

Archived