Hearts fined 10k!

tomtom

BangkokHearts

"Kilmarnock, meanwhile, have escaped with a warning for their disciplinary record, which is actually worse this season than Hearts'."

:mw_rolleyes:

Peebles.

Being fair - it's just been offically announced on the SFA web site this morning. We all knew that this would be the case weeks ago though.

37 yellow cards since August is not really a concern.

Its the stupid amount of silly red cards we pick up!

alwaysthereinspirit

I wonder if we'd have been fined today if the Zal red hadn't been given and we were only on 6 reds.

Isn't it time Hearts stood up for themselves and refused to pay these fines. Hearts should be allowed to fight this.

The GFA is for all intents and purposes judge and Judy.

I wonder if we'd have been fined today if the Zal red hadn't been given and we were only on 6 reds.

Isn't it time Hearts stood up for themselves and refused to pay these fines. Hearts should be allowed to fight this.

The GFA is for all intents and purposes judge and Judy.

More like punch and judy

alwaysthereinspirit
More like punch and judy

I cannot tell a lie. I stole that from the "Hot Fuzz" movie.

Thought it might lighten the mood on here this morning.

"Kilmarnock, meanwhile, have escaped with a warning for their disciplinary record, which is actually worse this season than Hearts'."

:mw_rolleyes:

And what was Kilmarnocks record last season?

We had been warned to clean up our act, but still discipline is still a problem.

I see nothing wrong with us getting fined.

We had been warned to clean up our act, but still discipline is still a problem.

I agree with you that some of our players need to get a grip - there are still too many needless yellow cards dished out to us. Having said that referees still operate a duel system with the Old Firm getting away with murder week in week out.

alwaysthereinspirit

:eek: You cant clean up your act if they dont let you.

the racketeering continues unabated.

it's a bit like the police coming up and starting a fight with you, lifting you, fining you, and trousering the cash for themselves.

Guest JamboRobbo
the racketeering continues unabated.

it's a bit like the police coming up and starting a fight with you, lifting you, fining you, and trousering the cash for themselves.

then being stupid enough to keep going round to police station to start another fight, with full knowledge that there sitting there waiting for us rubbing their hands.

then being stupid enough to keep going round to police station to start another fight, with full knowledge that there sitting there waiting for us rubbing their hands.

:D but we can't avoid 'going round to the nick'. we have to play the matches.

further boot in the goolies coming up on saturday?

Incredible

Hearts have terrible disclipline record, fined record amount and given warning to improve, dont improve, fine we knew about alread imposed.

Heres a suggestion - idiots like stewart and wallace stop making suicidal challenges :) problem solved.

Miller Jambo 60

further boot in the goolies coming up on saturday?

The next game at Dkheid can see me being done.

Incredible

Hearts have terrible disclipline record, fined record amount and given warning to improve, dont improve, fine we knew about alread imposed.

Heres a suggestion - idiots like stewart and wallace stop making suicidal challenges :) problem solved.

that only tells half the story. the other half of the story involves many, many red and yellow cards being issued for dubious reasons, especially when compared to what other teams get away with.

JR -quite a novel way of putting things especially when quite a few of our more contentious cards this season have come from Referees whose daytime jobs are as members of Strathclyde's "finest"!!!

Guest JamboRobbo

We could be on our best behaviour whilst we're there tho. :D

Guest JamboRobbo
JR -quite a novel way of putting things especially when quite a few of our more contentious cards this season have come from Referees whose daytime jobs are as members of Strathclyde's "finest"!!!

cheers - but I think Victorian has to take the credit for that analogy. :)

We could be on our best behaviour whilst we're there tho. :D

as prancer aludes to that should be the case but you can't legislate for being 'fitted up', can you?

in reality we are being 'fitted up' on a regular basis, along with the many 'crimes' we are responsible for.

by all means we should always keep in mind that hearts discipline hasn't been the best but we shouldn't feel compelled to accept all the other, less deserved cards we have had. every team (almost) gets it's share of cards but i do believe our record is being artificially worsened at every opportunity.

what i find hardest to believe is that hearts fans accept it and only blame the players.

I cannot tell a lie. I stole that from the "Hot Fuzz" movie.

Thought it might lighten the mood on here this morning.

Was that in Hot Fuzz? I thought you'd stole half a homer simpson line where he says "Who made you judge judy and executioner" class stuff

Guest JamboRobbo
as prancer aludes to that should be the case but you can't legislate for being 'fitted up', can you?

in reality we are being 'fitted up' on a regular basis, along with the many 'crimes' we are responsible for.

by all means we should always keep in mind that hearts discipline hasn't been the best but we shouldn't feel compelled to accept all the other, less deserved cards we have had. every team (almost) gets it's share of cards but i do believe our record is being artificially worsened at every opportunity.

what i find hardest to believe is that hearts fans accept it and only blame the players.

you're entitled to your opinion mate.

the bit I find hardest to believe, is that some Hearts fans are gullable enough to accept the excuses thrown their way, like blaming the SFA or the media for our disciplinary problems.

and there is an appeals process :rolleyes:

Whilst I accept what you say some of the time, our disclipline does suck, other SPL teams (outwith the OF) have the same circumstances also.

Our discpline even baring in mind the ***** is pretty terrible and we imo do deserve fines for poor disclipline. We pick up to many bookings and sending offs for no reason other than petulance from the likes of stewart.

Just read Brian Clough's autobiography.

He says that in his managerial career he would not stand for any player indiscipline by his own side. Not fouls, but the nonsense of arguing with referees, being booked for running of the pitch etc etc that we have suffered.

He didn't do this out of any Corinthian spirit - but because he figured it was the best way to get on the right side of the referees - and get the decisions in his teams favour. Just like Elvis used to do - Hugh Dallas' favourite player to referee, and a player who used to get a lot of decisions in his favour.

the bit I find hardest to believe, is that some Hearts fans are gullable enough to accept the excuses thrown their way, like blaming the SFA or the media for our disciplinary problems.

i don't rely on the explanations given for harsh treatment, i rely on my own eyes and judgement when i look at the incidents.

sometimes i think some people (not saying you) don't even bother making up their own minds about the justification for some decisions, instead using them as another excuse to have a go at the club.

one of those subjective things which people will have varying opinions about, as you quite rightly alude to yourself.

I dont think I know any fans that are spoon fed there dislike of the sfa & media.The Bias is evident for every one to see. As far as Im concerened the only reason you wont admit it is you want to be able to argue the toss for whatever wee thrill you get from arguing. Maybe your into creationism also, i dont know.

The SFA and media where biased towards Hearts before Vlad came to town. The Eastern European impudence had put it into overdrive. If you cannae see that then you might be the gullable one here laddie.

and there is an appeals process :rolleyes:

Whilst I accept what you say some of the time, our disclipline does suck, other SPL teams (outwith the OF) have the same circumstances also.

Our discpline even baring in mind the ***** is pretty terrible and we imo do deserve fines for poor disclipline. We pick up to many bookings and sending offs for no reason other than petulance from the likes of stewart.

well all they can do is try to smarten up their own act. we'll see if the dodgy decisions either increase or decrease.

i see it as having two contributory factors, not simply the one.

Guest JamboRobbo

The SFA and media where biased towards Hearts before Vlad came to town.

I think you'll find very few Hearts fans, blinkers or not, who'll agree with you on that one.

The club has had a shocking disciplinary record for years, so the 10k fine is deserved. Surely we should be asking the hierarchy at our club what they are going to do about something they have failed to resolve in the last 4 years

I think you'll find very few Hearts fans, blinkers or not, who'll agree with you on that one.

Maybe not as much as they do these days but the certainly did. You acknowledge theres a discrepency tho from the amount we used to get to the amount now?

All I hear from you about our clubs annoucements is Spin this, Spin that, ( when I for one think the club are just trying to promote our brand) but when its aimed at our club, you always take the side on the negative. Why is this? For arguments sake? are you a part time jounro as well as a creationist? VIe seen a lot of I told you so posts coming from you. Surely your whole point of view isnt contstructed from an ideal of waving old threads in peoples faces and saying "Im right look at me" surley

He says that in his managerial career he would not stand for any player indiscipline by his own side. Not fouls, but the nonsense of arguing with referees, being booked for running of the pitch etc etc that we have suffered.

He didn't do this out of any Corinthian spirit - but because he figured it was the best way to get on the right side of the referees - and get the decisions in his teams favour. Just like Elvis used to do - Hugh Dallas' favourite player to referee, and a player who used to get a lot of decisions in his favour.

Correct. Miller and Aitken were the same. Never dissed the ref and got more than their share of close decisions.

Not sure whether it happened behind closed doors or not, but I feel if CL had been tougher on discipline at the start (by fining Ksanavicius for diving in the first game against Motherwell, Miko for getting himself needlessly sent off at Ibrox, Stewart for - well, take your pick really - or Wallace for his Pittodrie indiscretion) then we'd be a lot better off than we are now.

The SFA and Media have always been pro-Old Firm. The anti Hearts stuff really started after some of the more daft statements made by Vlad shortly after he arrived. Having said that the the SFA should be above all this sort of stuff - but it's an organization are run by people who are petty and small minded.

It's the pro-Old Firm stuff that needs to be weeded out. If Vlad stops making silly statements I've no doubt relationships with the SFA will return to somesemblance of normality, and the pea brains at the SFA will seek out someother target.

Instead of what appear to be arbitrarily opposed fines, the SFA should set up a per card fining system.

Where does this ?10,000 figure come from? Who decided on it? In what way does it represent an appropriate punishment for the crimes?

A shambles of an organisation.

I want to know where the ?10,00 goes? Is it going into the back-pockets of the SFA.

It's ****ing stupid. Red and Yellow cards are part of the game, you're fining the team for getting cards - which is part of the game!

FFS.

gorgie rd eh11
The club has had a shocking disciplinary record for years, so the 10k fine is deserved. Surely we should be asking the hierarchy at our club what they are going to do about something they have failed to resolve in the last 4 years

Zal's red card at aberdeen was wrong. Zal's red card against celtic was wrong, as the game should already have been stopped for the celtic player being offside. Miko's red card at ibrox was the sort of red card only Miko would pick up. HMFC have "cleaned up" their act, it's now time for the officials to clean up theirs and stop proving the criticsism they received to be correct.

Even the most blinkered sfa apologists must see that.

Zal's red card at aberdeen was wrong. Zal's red card against celtic was wrong, as the game should already have been stopped for the celtic player being offside. Miko's red card at ibrox was the sort of red card only Miko would pick up. HMFC have "cleaned up" their act, it's now time for the officials to clean up theirs and stop proving the criticsism they received to be correct.

Even the most blinkered sfa apologists must see that.

spot on grogie rd

just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they'e not out to get us

Guest JamboRobbo
The SFA and Media have always been pro-Old Firm.

Feeno suggested the "SFA where biased towards Hearts". I presumed he meant "were biased towards Hearts", which I didn't think he'd get many on here agreeing with.

Seymour M Hersh

Watching the home games I'd say under Csaba our discipline has massively improved. Still some silly and un-justified reds but over all I've noticed a real improvement. I think the club should refuse to pay as the fines are totally arbitrary and unjust.

Guest JamboRobbo
Watching the home games I'd say under Csaba our discipline has massively improved. Still some silly and un-justified reds but over all I've noticed a real improvement.

Agreed.

I think the club should refuse to pay as the fines are totally arbitrary and unjust.

I think we should shut up and take our medicine.

Seymour M Hersh

Does he have the times he staggered (peshed) into the club's ticket office and grab himself handfuls of tickets to sell for personal gain in his book?

it would also be useful and interesting to know just what benchmark the SFA use in order to measure whether or not a club has an acceptable disciplinary record.

the record of the OF?

if so, it's a double whammy situation becuase both halves of the OF routinely get away with blue murder when it comes to their players not being issued with cards when they should have, whether that's through bookable challenges / second bookings, bookings for persistent fouling or 'simulation'.... the whole deal.

how perverse a set-up does scottish football have to become before it becomes transparent that the rules & articles of association are abused by the powers that be in order to suit their own agenda of the day?

instead we still have people willing to turn a blind eye to it. romanov may well have gone off half-assed with his conspiarcy theories but that doesn't mean he didn't actually have some valid arguments in amongst the monkey and mafia stories.

Seymour M Hersh
Agreed.

I think we should shut up and take our medicine.

That's the whole appeasement attitude they are hpoing for thru at Hampden. The fine is unjust as the decision is subjective. I'ts not like we were told if you get 7 red cards (or more) by January we will impose a further 10k fine. Its a case of we'll decide if there is a problem and fine you. The club had no parameters to be guided by. It's kangaroo court time with the GFA (for all clubs outwith the OF).

Does he have the times he staggered (peshed) into the club's ticket office and grab himself handfuls of tickets to sell for personal gain in his book?

No.

His alcoholism is fully discussed. But there is nothing about tickets.

Not sure that any of our recent avoidable bookings/sendings off have been anything to do with ticket touting either.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's the whole appeasement attitude they are hpoing for thru at Hampden. The fine is unjust as the decision is subjective. I'ts not like we were told if you get 7 red cards (or more) by January we will impose a further 10k fine.

You have a point to an extent. But weren't we told we had to get less red cards? And haven't we gone ahead and got the same or even more?

I honestly thought the GFA might go easy on us this time :eek:

I suggested on another thread that, while we may have triggered the extra ?10k fine, we have IMO behaved better under Csaba and MANY of our cards have come under well deserved 'scrutiny' this season. In fact I suspect that even the GFA themselves were caught out by Brines stubborn refusal to alter / or at least further justify his Zal red card decision, prompting Gordon Smith's immediate statement about reviewing the appeals process.

The Aberdeen ruckus ( 2 reds ) was due IN PART to Brines inept performance and if he lasts another season in the top flight then I'll be dismayed. He's a plum and most of his decisions ought to be simply struck from the record.

Other than that I think, over the piece, we have been hard done by with our players being allowed only two tackles of any note per game before they are duly sent from the field of play :mad:

BlackhallJambo

Surely in the financial crisis the governing body should be supporting clubs rather than heaping more financial pressure on them irrespective of the previous warning given

. I would prefer our players to be banned longer rather than the club constantly being fined. Disciplinary action is aimed at changing behaviour and this approach clearly hasn`t worked!

Archived