Russell Lapaty leaves Scotland

Fulham Jambo

I note from the Beeb that Lapaty has left the Bairns to take up the player manager job at Trinidad and Tobago.

despite the fact this player made the great error of playing for those dirty, giro waving proles oot east he was a rare talent in Scotland.

Putting aside his deluded period, I for one thought his best football was when playing for Falkirk as a pensioner. I can recall several matches against Falkirk when even though he was slower than most he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and his disrtibution was first class. Hearts teams who didn't close him down always ran the risk of being mugged by Falkirk. Add to this his general genial nature and his legendary disregard for the modern game in his tab smoking antics and faithful following of the West Indian diet that makes the Scottish addiction to things fried look pathetic, I for one will miss this character and wish him all the best in his new role.

Even more amazing when you consider he smoked 40 fags a day!

he must be an astonishing physical specimien. I mean, he's my age ffs - I jacked smoking 5 years ago

I heard some very funny stories from Falkirk about how during pre match team talks he would be outside puffin away and the management team would just nod to him whist telling the youngsters what to do.

You got the imression that here was a guy who was genuinely talented and could of played an a much higher level only he couldn't really be ersed and you know what - he was fine with that as well

Having met Russell a few times, he was indeed a gentleman, regardless of which teams hes played for.

He loved living in Scotland and had the right opportunity came up he may well have found himself managing a club here.

He had his problems years ago and as mentioned to this day still loves a fag now and then however he may well be the last genuine entertainer to grace the SPL.

All I can say is "thank feck for that".

Did he ever have a bad game against us?

Definitely in that list of players that includes Albertz and McGhee.

Buffalo Bill

Miller Jambo 60
I note from the Beeb that Lapaty has left the Bairns to take up the player manager job at Trinidad and Tobago.

despite the fact this player made the great error of playing for those dirty, giro waving proles oot east he was a rare talent in Scotland.

Putting aside his deluded period, I for one thought his best football was when playing for Falkirk as a pensioner. I can recall several matches against Falkirk when even though he was slower than most he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and his disrtibution was first class. Hearts teams who didn't close him down always ran the risk of being mugged by Falkirk. Add to this his general genial nature and his legendary disregard for the modern game in his tab smoking antics and faithful following of the West Indian diet that makes the Scottish addiction to things fried look pathetic, I for one will miss this character and wish him all the best in his new role.

Do i care in one word NO AND ITS Distribution MA HA GORGIE RULES

I'd add Larsson to that list as well BB. Going to Hearts v Celtic games was virtually pointless when he turned up.

Hell yeah.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
All I can say is "thank feck for that".

Did he ever have a bad game against us?

Definitely in that list of players that includes Albertz and McGhee.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed.

If he'd played on until he was 50 he'd have still given our midfield the Runaround.

mike-reid.jpg

Do i care in one word NO AND ITS Distribution MA HA GORGIE RULES

away and bile yer heid.

Don't you go giving me a hard time for an innocent typo in a post where you have demonstrated the written English of a five year old!

Miller Jambo 60
away and bile yer heid.

Don't you go giving me a hard time for an innocent typo in a post where you have demonstrated the written English of a five year old!

Lighten up mate , thought i was a touchy person.

You can be my mate or my enemy, YOUR call :)

Lighten up mate , thought i was a touchy person.

You can be my mate or my enemy, YOUR call :)

sorry, it was meant in jest - I just re read it and forgot to add the folowing smilies:

:tongue::tongue:;)

Latapy was a class player. I remember a couple of years ago at Tynie when we played Falkirk he controlled the whole game in the middle of midfield. I can't remember what the score was that day (maybe 0-0?) but at 37 he was still some player.

My favourite memory of Latapy is actually during a derby match. A few minutes previous to half time, he'd actually put in a tackle and ended up with half of the paint from the touchline on his shirt.

As he jogged off at half time, a wag behind me was heard to shout "Haw Latapy! Ye've still got Dwight Yorke's sp@nk on yer back ya wee poof!"

Golden.

:D

What a horrible wee man.

That's the highest praise I give opposition players.

He is up there with the best.

Goodbye and good luck

He was vastly over-rated, aided and abetted by the press and media's fixation with the Hibs flair myth. He was simply one of the many such fouling niggly midget midfielders the Leithers have had over the years; Latapy, Weir, Edwards, O'Neill, etc.

He'll be no loss to Scotland and I look forward to him being an abject failure with T&T, in the same way as he was an abject failure with the Leithers as a player. Latapy GTF :mad:

Frankenstein Jambo.
He was vastly over-rated, aided and abetted by the press and media's fixation with the Hibs flair myth. He was simply one of the many such fouling niggly midget midfielders the Leithers have had over the years; Latapy, Weir, Edwards, O'Neill, etc.

He'll be no loss to Scotland and I look forward to him being an abject failure with T&T, in the same way as he was an abject failure with the Leithers as a player. Latapy GTF :mad:

Look inside yur heed and turn oan or change the light bulb because what you just wrote was a pile of ****e.

Drylaw Hearts

This ranks alongside your "Essien is the best player in the EPL" post.

:)

Both are spot on in terms of facts.

Incidentally could someone translate 1210's post into English? Thanks.

But Essien IS the best player in the EPL.

Especially if youve got your head up your arse.

Didnae like Latapy but I did like his 'feck it' attitude. Mind the picture of him in the Record when he was peshed off his head outside Massa in a horrifically gay blue beetle. Legend.

Drylaw Hearts

Manchester United player Cristiano Ronaldo is OFFICIALLY the best player in the world.

Fact.

Incidentally could someone translate 1210's post into English? Thanks.

Look inside yur heed and turn oan or change the light bulb because what you just wrote was a pile of ****e.

Or

Look inside your head and turn on or change the light bulb because what you wrote was a pile of ****e.

Manchester United player Cristiano Ronaldo is OFFICIALLY the best player in the world.

I don't care what some people say. People often win awards when they don't deserve to. Football is all about opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

Incidentally could someone translate 1210's post into English? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

He thinks you talk pesh/mince:eek:

Hated him. I also hated it when he played against us.

High praise tbh.

:Agree:

I disliked him for all the right reasons. But now that he's gone, I can openly say that I thought he was a smashing player.

He was very talented but never acted like he thought the SPL was beneath him, or had that all-too-familiar chip on his shoulder. He was happy with his lot. Given that his 'lot' was Hibs and Falkirk, that says much about the man.

scots civil war

any touch of class that stands out in the chaos of an spl midfield deserves respect......latapy is one of the few.kingston take note

nuff

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
:Agree:

I disliked him for all the right reasons. But now that he's gone, I can openly say that I thought he was a smashing player.

He was very talented but never acted like he thought the SPL was beneath him, or had that all-too-familiar chip on his shoulder. He was happy with his lot. Given that his 'lot' was Hibs and Falkirk, that says much about the man.

He was a Hun as well remember.

Good player but I'm not going to pretend I wish him well, because I don't. He was a Hibs ^^^^.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't care what some people say. People often win awards when they don't deserve to. Football is all about opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

So Essien being the best player in the EPL isn't actually a fact then ?

Drylaw Hearts

Good player but I'm not going to pretend I wish him well, because I don't. He was a Hibs ^^^^.

Very well put as usual AP.

For one person, you spout the biggest pile of p!sh on Kickback, :sobored:

He was a Hun as well remember.

So he was, the SPL tart....

I liked him as a player and despite playing for the hobos seemed liked a decent guy aswell.

Genuinely wish him all the best.

So Essien being the best player in the EPL isn't actually a fact then ?

:rolleyes:

It is a fact as far as I'm concerned.

And here was me expecing mince for my dinner tonight and you have served it up for lunch instead!

sorry to dissapoint you but my opinion of the player was based around watching him play live against us for fslkirk on several occassions and not based on some press/hibs/meeja

you, my friend, do not have the monopoly on being an independent thinker so respect the views of others rather than put them down to hype eaters!

Archived