Free Agent?

munki boy

Morning All

Just a quickie

Is it still possible to sign a player who is a free agent outside the transfer window?

Had a discussion with a mate last night about it

I said aye,he said naw,so who's right?

Couple of beers as a bet and also he's a Hobo!!:108years:

Auldreekie1874

You can as long as the player involved was clubless at the end of the transfer window but not for example if he was released from his club today.

Cheer's mate that's great

You never know there might be a half decent striker looking for a club on a short term deal?

Would this guy qualify for a work permit? Decent goal-scoring record at international level:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Keun-Ho

and is apparently a free agent:

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2900311

He turned down a trial with Blackburn 2 weeks ago, as he wanted a better chance of first-team football - if an EPL team was interested then presumably a WP would be a good chance (similar to Obua)?

Would this guy qualify for a work permit? Decent goal-scoring record at international level:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Keun-Ho

and is apparently a free agent:

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2900311

He turned down a trial with Blackburn 2 weeks ago, as he wanted a better chance of first-team football - if an EPL team was interested then presumably a WP would be a good chance (similar to Obua)?

Think of the money we could make out of shirt & TV deal in the far east, could help our "global image" or am i becoming to cynical? Still on a short term deal could be worth a shot if he's got the strength/quickness to play in SPL although doubt he would get the regular footie he's wanting

Think of the money we could make out of shirt & TV deal in the far east, could help our "global image" or am i becoming to cynical? Still on a short term deal could be worth a shot if he's got the strength/quickness to play in SPL although doubt he would get the regular footie he's wanting

His you-tube video is better than Tullberg's! (check out the 3rd goal, and the wonderful header to his own knee later in the clip):

BlackhallJambo
Isn't there a guy called Makela or something, looking for a club!!:laugh:

After bringing back Callum Elliot I wouldnt rule anything out!!

Gary Glen should be given a chance before we go and sign someone else, i believe he is a hot prospect for the future

I agree.

Look at that goal at Easter Road. He well pumped the Hobos. ;)

Buffalo Bill

Probably pulled a knife on a team-mate again.

Don't say things like that. The media read this board.

I can see tomorrow's headlines in the weegia

"Hearts linked with knife-wielding thug".

Wasn't Moses at Rangers for a short time before getting punted back darn sourf?

Story that Dalla Bonna (ex Chelsea) is at West Ham training Maybury style while looking for a team. Has until March to get fixed up according to the player - who should know.

Listening to Shabba's press conference yesterday I thought I heard him say that free agents are something the club are looking at - may have picked it up wrong but he was in mid-slaver:tongue:

ps I do like Shabba

Yes we can do that and we just missed a very good one in Ian Harte who has joined St Mirren!! Why didn't we go for him?? We need LB cover!

Are we actually looking to sign players or is it just talk?

We_are_the_Hearts
Yes we can do that and we just missed a very good one in Ian Harte who has joined St Mirren!! Why didn't we go for him?? We need LB cover!

If something happens to Wallace we have Jonsson, Brown or even Delands that could do a job in the SPL.

Ian Harte is finished, trust me.

If something happens to Wallace we have Jonsson, Brown or even Delands that could do a job in the SPL.

Ian Harte is finished, trust me.

Haven't seen Harte play for some time so cannot say too much but I think if he had much left, he could have done better pay wise than St Mirren. The fact that he signed for them suggests he wasn't over-burdened with offers from the EPL or Championship.

We're all going to have to wait until the summer to see what restructuring of the playing staff happens then. I've got a feeling it's going to be pretty radical. The forthcoming accounts should give us some idea of the financial situation at the club and I've no doubt that the main thrust of things over the next couple of years is going to be aimed and complete debt eradication. Once that happens things on the park will move forward but until then 3rd or 4th will be the limit of our ambition.

We're all going to have to wait until the summer to see what restructuring of the playing staff happens then. I've got a feeling it's going to be pretty radical. The forthcoming accounts should give us some idea of the financial situation at the club and I've no doubt that the main thrust of things over the next couple of years is going to be aimed and complete debt eradication. Once that happens things on the park will move forward but until then 3rd or 4th will be the limit of our ambition.

You have hit the nail on the head. IMHO, VR came here with ambition and found out about the OF and GFA. He then found out about the council, and has decided to cut his losses and try to run the club ,if not for profit ,but for as little as possible. Only when ( if) we can be debtfree/make money will it be reinvested.

Captain Lithuania

He hasnt signed for them. Gus McPherson was on Sky Sports News.

read in some rag yesterday that robbie fowler looking for a club

blackburn chased him..:108years:

It really is a shame he never went to rankgers and helped empty their coffers even further!:)

I think Csaba should try for Graham Barratt, even on a short term deal as he`s been released by tomorrows opposition Falkirk at least he might know the way to the goals , as apart from Gary Glen we don`t seem to have anyone up front who can score regularly if played.

Archived