Hamiltonv Hearts Highlights

Hambone

Radioactive Mince

First of all: Thank you for those highlights, Hambone.

Now my thoughts in as ordered a fashion as I can muster.

1. Eggert Jonsson is too easily outjumped by Mensing for their first goal. He must do better.

2. Stewart should have done better to get on the end of Obua's shot-cum-cross, or whatever it was meant as. Good play from him.

3. Hearts were denied as clear-cut and as obvious a penalty as a referee will ever have the chance to award from 5 yards distance. I do not like to wonder what he was thinking of.

4. Once again, it is my opinion that Stewart should have done better than hit the ball straight into the 'keeper's arms at 2mph from two yards maximum.

5. We were fairly unlucky to see a penalty award for the opposition given for Neilson's challenge committed as it was, at least initially, outside of the box.

6. Our goalkeeper was very unlucky not to save their penalty. He will feel that he could have done better.

7. We looked like we were very unlucky to lose that game.

8. Having read this board on Saturday evening, as a guest, I am astounded at the over-reaction from many contributors on this site.

Mince.

the king of hearts

Thanks again for your work Hambone.

Good points well made Mince. What the **** was going on with us not getting a penalty? The boy reaches out and brings it down with his arm inside the box quite deliberately. The ball was breaking to player in a goalscoring position. Penalty and a card? We get neither. If it goes back to 1-1 at that point it's a totally different game.

First of all: Thank you for those highlights, Hambone.

Now my thoughts in as ordered a fashion as I can muster.

1. Eggert Jonsson is too easily outjumped by Mensing for their first goal. He must do better.

2. Stewart should have done better to get on the end of Obua's shot-cum-cross, or whatever it was meant as. Good play from him.

3. Hearts were denied as clear-cut and as obvious a penalty as a referee will ever have the chance to award from 5 yards distance. I do not like to wonder what he was thinking of.

4. Once again, it is my opinion that Stewart should have done better than hit the ball straight into the 'keeper's arms at 2mph from two yards maximum.

5. We were fairly unlucky to see a penalty award for the opposition given for Neilson's challenge committed as it was, at least initially, outside of the box.

6. Our goalkeeper was very unlucky not to save their penalty. He will feel that he could have done better.

7. We looked like we were very unlucky to lose that game.

8. Having read this board on Saturday evening, as a guest, I am astounded at the over-reaction from many contributors on this site.

Mince.

You've hit the nail on the head with most of that mate, the only thing I would add is, Eggert also lost the guy he was marking last week and that led to a goal, so I hope csaba can coach that into him, the guy plays great everywhere else.

RM, you missed the clear handball by Offiong that led to the corner for Hamilton's first goal, although I haven't watched the YouTube highlights (just the BBC one). Everyone in the Hearts stand could spot it from 75 yards away but the linesman (5 yards) and the referee (20 yards) somehow failed to spot it. We were unlucky that Stewart failed to convert one of his two great chances with us a goal down. And the penalty was very harsh to say the least.

Having said all that, we were still woeful and deserved absolutely **** all from that game. And Kingston's refusal to warm up was just embarrasing.

Archived