If Kari drops back to defence will a place open up for Glen ?

vegas-voss

What about this for a line up

Balogh

Neilson/Eggert

Karipidis

Zaliukas/Eggert

Wallace

Kingston/Chesney/Templeton

Ruben

Bruno

Driver

Glen

Nade

Charlie-Brown

Quite an attack minded line-up - doesn't included a defensive minded midfielder though which has been a feature of virtually every Csaba line up this season.

Quite an attack minded line-up - doesn't included a defensive minded midfielder though which has been a feature of virtually every Csaba line up this season.

i think Ruben would fall into that category

Would rather have Bruno playing behind Nade by a mile than Glen!! Then put Kingston infield and put Obua on the right. Sorted!!

Would rather have Bruno playing behind Nade by a mile than Glen!! Then put Kingston infield and put Obua on the right. Sorted!!

I completely forgot about Obua.So no real chance for Glen in a starting line up as if Bruno ever did drop back Obua would take that spot.As for Glen over Bruno i just feel that Bruno could do just as much slightly further back and Glen could pick up the scraps from Nade.Glen is a much better finisher than Bruno.Bruno is great from dead balls but how many shots has he duffed or basically passed back to the keeper barring the one against Killie.

In terms of effort and commitment I'd rather have Obua starting ahead of Kingston.

In terms of our best available centre halfs we now look forced into dropping Karapidis back to play with Zal. Not ideal as both are vulnerable but the best option available unless a youngster is ready.

In terms of likelyhood to get us a goal I'd put Glen ahead of Nade.

My ideal team from what we have available bearing in mind that we WONT switch to 4-4-2.

Balogh

Neilson

Karapidis

Zaliukas

Wallace

Driver (right midfield)

Jonnson (defensive midfield)

Palazeulos (centre midfield)

Obua (left midfield)

Aquiar

Glen.

Subs

McDonald, Stewart, Kingston, Nade, Templeton, Brown, McGowan, A. N.other youngster with a realistic chance of actually getting a game.

Not great. Just as capable of getting humped as it is of winning handsomely. Seriously exposed in midfield if we move Karapidis but needs must. Decent options on the bench if Csaba ever sees the need to change it around during a game (you never know) Hopefully a serious re-build job coming in the summer.

Guess The Crowd

I think a lot of people forget that Bruno's role, prior to this season, was as a deepish midfielder. He would still excel in this position,in my view, and you'd still have his dead balls (missus).

Both Karipidis and Bruno have played further forward this season than before, and both have been successes, so well done Csaba. But you have to play the hand you're dealt, and surely the most logical action now would be for both to revert to their previous positions. This would free up a role for an attacking midfielder / supporting striker - I'd like to see Glen get a proper run, but there's plenty of other options (Kingston, Chesney, Miko, etc.).

It's all about trying to turn negatives into positives, but I would see Bruno and Karipidis as being key here.

In terms of effort and commitment I'd rather have Obua starting ahead of Kingston.

In terms of our best available centre halfs we now look forced into dropping Karapidis back to play with Zal. Not ideal as both are vulnerable but the best option available unless a youngster is ready.

In terms of likelyhood to get us a goal I'd put Glen ahead of Nade.

My ideal team from what we have available bearing in mind that we WONT switch to 4-4-2.

Balogh

Neilson

Karapidis

Zaliukas

Wallace

Driver (right midfield)

Jonnson (defensive midfield)

Palazeulos (centre midfield)

Obua (left midfield)

Aquiar

Glen.

Subs

McDonald, Stewart, Kingston, Nade, Templeton, Brown, McGowan, A. N.other youngster with a realistic chance of actually getting a game.

Not great. Just as capable of getting humped as it is of winning handsomely. Seriously exposed in midfield if we move Karapidis but needs must. Decent options on the bench if Csaba ever sees the need to change it around during a game (you never know) Hopefully a serious re-build job coming in the summer.

I fully agree with replacing Nade with Glen and so what happens. We all know Glen can score.

Hamilton aside, I still think Kari has been excellent in midfield and I'd prefer to keep him in there.

Buffalo Bill

What about this for a line up

Balogh

Neilson

Eggert

Zaliukas

Wallace

Kingston

Kari

Bruno

Driver

Glen

Nade

Thats my line-up

Hamilton aside, I still think Kari has been excellent in midfield and I'd prefer to keep him in there.

Buffalo Bill

I agree with you about Kari but Jonsson is not a centre half. What about McGowan?

Jonsonn is a centre half, McGowan is a box to box midfielder. Although both played central defence at Murrayfield and managed to keep out Henri and co.

I agree with you about Kari but Jonsson is not a centre half. What about McGowan?

I don't know. Maybe we'll need to drop Kari back, but I still think he's a great 'number 6'.

Buffalo Bill

Why do we need a striker when we have Glen?Why isnt he in the team?I do,nt care if he doesn,t have a good attitude at training.Wee Robbo was never the fittest or the fastest but he was the best.Get Gary Glen in the team NOW!

Panto season here but oh yes he is!

Anyone else get the feeling that Jonsson has been put in at right back this season as Nielson's contract is up at the end of the season and will probably be on his way out due to the wages he is currently on?

Csaba has already shown this season that he is happy to move the defence around and still play Karapidis in midfield so I don't see why he would change now. The defence in place at Hamilton will probably stay there unless injuries or suspensions force a change - with Balogh replacing McDonlad now he has signed his deal.

Get used to the 4-5-1 lads - it won't change till next season and you can't really blame Csaba when obviously the players don't have the brains to be able to cope with more than one formation at a time.

Why do we need a striker when we have Glen?Why isnt he in the team?I do,nt care if he doesn,t have a good attitude at training.Wee Robbo was never the fittest or the fastest but he was the best.Get Gary Glen in the team NOW!

Agreed about the glen bit but still think we need at least one more striker

Suspect Device

how about a wee curve ball ;)

--------------Balogh

Eggert--Neilson--Zal--Wallace

------Karipidis ©-Ruben

Driver------------------Obua

-------Bruno

-------------Nade

subs-Larry/Stewart/Glen/McGowan/MacDonald-etc

I just have a sneaky feeling that Robbie might do alright as a no nonsense centre half

how about a wee curve ball ;)

--------------Balogh

Eggert--Neilson--Zal--Wallace

------Karipidis ©-Ruben

Driver------------------Obua

-------Bruno

-------------Nade

subs-Larry/Stewart/Glen/McGowan/MacDonald-etc

I just have a sneaky feeling that Robbie might do alright as a no nonsense centre half

Robbie will be off at the end of the season - I'm surprised he hasn't already signed a pre-contract agreement with anyone yet - so would make sense for him to move into the centre and let Jonsson continue his training to replace him. And it might mean that being in the centre will mean that his passes forward might just stay in the pitch instead of taking out the unfortunates in the stands :tongue:

Libertonian_II
Balogh

Neilson Zaliukas Karapidis Wallace

Kingston Jonnson Palazuelos Driver

Aguiar

Nade

Does it for me as well

Libertonian_II
Panto season here but oh yes he is!

Oh no he's not............

Crap against ICT, crap against Hamilton

Jack of all trades, master of none

Balogh

Neilson Zaliukas Karapidis Wallace

Kingston Jonnson Palazuelos Driver

Aguiar

Nade

Playing guys in their natural positions!

What a good idea Boris! ;)

Archived