Play the young guns

grumpyespana

Well after the farce of the transfer window its time to play some of the young guns ie McGowan & Templeton for starters since Vlad wants young guns playing in the team, and do not give us the usual crap we need experience in the team we are rotten and need fresh blood in the team it also gives our supporters something differant to look at.

Grumpy.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Well after the farce of the transfer window its time to play some of the young guns ie McGowan & Templeton for starters since Vlad wants young guns playing in the team, and do not give us the usual crap we need experience in the team we are rotten and need fresh blood in the team it also gives our supporters something differant to look at.

Grumpy.

Great, lets look at something different while getting ****ed out the cup and dropping down the league, still, the youngsters will have a nice time.

Vlad doesn not have a clue what he wants, he doesnt know if he wants a **** or an omelette.

we should defo blood more young players as that is what the youth team/reserves are for. But i have a feeling that if we dont perform well or pick up results, these guys will be the ones who get slated.

Would prefer we went with experience for the cup tie and then started giving the youngsters a run out with 15 to go in the unlikely event we can actually have some league games in the bag by then. If they're good enough they deserve to get their chances but recent experiences show it doesn't work if they get chucked in at the deep end.

As i said a couple of months ago we had to be organised for the possible loss of Berra , Driver etc.. and it turns out we weren`t.

Yes, times are hard for the money men but when you know you are going to pick up a couple of mill at least surely we can afford even a short term replacement at worst?

You live for now, not just the future. We have put ourselves in a good position to get a euro spot and are still in the cup.

I`m not a doom merchant, far from it, but i find it a disgrace we haven`t signed the required players(a total of 2 is all we were asking) and it seems Csaba just pays lip service too.

Reading between the lines today you could smell we weren`t going to get anyone. All i keep hearing is it`s "all about next season", well, there are no guarantees and you must capitlaise on good situations when they occur.

Im all for young lads coming in but we all know we need experienced mixed in.

(apologies for puting this post in two threads, it was meant for this one in the first place!):)

Great, lets look at something different while getting ****ed out the cup and dropping down the league, still, the youngsters will have a nice time.

Vlad doesn not have a clue what he wants, he doesnt know if he wants a **** or an omelette.

So you were happy the crap that was on show against Hamilton at least you will get more effort from the young guns they will be out to make a point. glaring examples Kingston & Nade I rest my case.

Grumpy.

Gary Glen should definitely be getting more of a run in the team, and dare i say it Elliot.

Nade upfront is becoming far to predictable and most teams have worked out how to stop us, maybe its time to change to a more attacking 4-4-2 especially at home, as for giving youth a chance the average age of the team is pretty young as it is.

portobellojambo1

Think you may have to get used to it SUSS. Come the Summer I reckon between 12 and 14 of those classed as present first team players/fringe players could depart the club, and it will either be the youngsters who take over or poorer players brought in from lower level clubs.

A lot may depend on the figures announced at the forthcoming club AGM.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Think you may have to get used to it SUSS. Come the Summer I reckon between 12 and 14 of those classed as present first team players/fringe players could depart the club, and it will either be the youngsters who take over or poorer players brought in from lower level clubs.

A lot may depend on the figures announced at the forthcoming club AGM.

Ive got no doubt your right mate, just throwing in youngsters that are not ready is counterproductive, in terms of both results and development.

So you were happy the crap that was on show against Hamilton at least you will get more effort from the young guns they will be out to make a point. glaring examples Kingston & Nade I rest my case.

Grumpy.

It was the same squad that won at hibs, drew at sellick and has put together some decent form. You can't just ditch everyone because of one bad game - it's all about how they react on Saturday as that will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will pan out, i reckon.

It was the same squad that won at hibs, drew at sellick and has put together some decent form. You can't just ditch everyone because of one bad game - it's all about how they react on Saturday as that will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will pan out, i reckon.

In a nutshell mate.

We played crap on Sat but we have done that this season with Berra in it we didnt get a few decisions either all in all wait and see how the team is.

The same team that has done well this season should still do well i see there are a few players who can play as CB.

I think we need to just calm down about the transfer window and see how the team performs over the next 2-3 games

Grumpy.

Aye, because now we have lost Christophe Berra we may as well just throw in the towel. Get over yourself eh.

I know some will say that we haven't strengthened in the transfer window and we haven't got a Striker in and say that's 3rd place oot the windae blah blah blah. Can I just point out that at the start of this season when we hadn't strengthened, or got in a new fabby dabby Striker people were giving it no chance of top six and even some on about relegation. Were they right or were they talikng utter bolox? We're 3rd equal FFS, and still in the cup so less of the knee jerk drama queenery, dry your eyes princess and let's just see how we get on.

By the way we've already got a very young team, any younger they'd be playing in nappies.

Archived