Ok remember when we lost pressley and webster ?

jamboinheaven

jamboinheaven

think back to that time and wondering how the hell our defence could be as strong as the old castle rock?along came berra now its time for young mcgowan or eggy to step up to the plate.

rudi must stay
think back to that time and wondering how the hell our defence could be as strong as the old castle rock?along came berra now its time for young mcgowan or eggy to step up to the plate.

is mcgowan not a midfielder? As you say though times have been worse

pettigrewsstylist

Hard to forget,,,nay impossible TBH

We have yet to recover and have been in decline ever since

Best thing our glorious club did was to rid ourselves of these imposters.

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

I think it might be worth giving the McGowan lad a try as I am afraid as much as I love Eggert I don't think he will make a Central Defender.

He has struggled in the last couple of games in my opinion, it's just a pity we missed the transfer deadline with Berra's replacement.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tin hat on, but we've not had a better defender since Webster. Yeah he's a toss, but he was by far and aay our best centre half. If it wasn't for his fall out with Vlad, IMO he would have been our next captain, and eventually, big money transfer. Shame.

I wud be happy if they put kari back to CB playing along side Big Zal. I really hope McGowen get a chance, but we have to bring him in gradually.

Tin hat on, but we've not had a better defender since Webster. Yeah he's a toss, but he was by far and aay our best centre half. If it wasn't for his fall out with Vlad, IMO he would have been our next captain, and eventually, big money transfer. Shame.

Tin hat on? better fasten the chin strap as well

For what it's worth I agree that Webster was a good player but would put my money on Berra going on to greater things than Webster ever will

Thunderstruck

I do seem to remember that Webster, aided and abetted by Duddy, engineered his way out of Tynecastle and towards Ibrox. So perhaps a little harsh to suggest he left due to a falling out with Vlad.

Kind of touching on the point raised by thunderstruck, Webster was offered a deal by Hearts reportedly greater than probably anything he's earned since then

Everything that has happened to him has been his own making.

To go on to your main point, I don't see a great deal of difference as players between the two with one big difference, Berra has pace and that is what wil take him further than Webster could ever dream of

Not too bothered about not signing anyone in defence, or anyone in midfield for that matter.

I'm just **** off that we release Makela (ok he was mince), loan out Mole.

We only have Nade (who doesn't score goals) Glen and Elliot in attack.

Let's just god pray Tullberg gets fit ASAP and ends up as the new robbo ;)

Yes Webster was an excellent defender, so was Pressley. After a bit of time Berra provd to be another excellent center half.

It's all history. Eggert is an excellent young prospect but does not half the prescence to be a good center half on my opinion. Just like Glen is an excellent prospect but is not quite ready to be the main goal scorer for the club.

The manager has been left with no choice but to look to youth so I hope the supporters give them the time to learn and do not take ther frustration out on them. Forget europe, forget Scottish Cup Finals, sit back and hope for the best.

It's frustrating because a couple of loan signings and we would have a great chance of european football, but the owner has shown his ambition by running off with Berras transfer fee. All we can do now is get behind the youngsters, and get behind the manager !

Aw ******** the moaning ! Bring on Falkirk in the Cup and hope the youngsters can pull us out of the ****e !

If the players we have play for the jersey we won't be far off, so Larry, Miko, Chesney, Tullberg & Clum get the finger out and start earning your pay !

F.T.H.

Elroyofderovers

I really like Shabba but am worried by 1 thing. His crazy selections:

1) Why play Eggert when we have a perfectly capable CH in Kari? (Eggert should never have been playing CH, never won a single header against ICT).

2) Why take Bruno off and keep Stewart on when he is having a total nightmare? (ICT)

I don't think he knows his players and their best positions yet and that is why we have dropped some crazy points this season. Oh and playing 1 up front most weeks.

I think it is all doom & gloom if he keeps on playing Eggert at CH with Zali. Was really looking forward to the next 3 games at home. Not now.:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Those were great days, getting rid of vhermin like that.

But yes, the young lads now need to stand and be counted.

When pressley and webster played together we had the best defensive record in the league . Yes webster wanted to join rangers (boyhood heroes) but hartley wanted to join celtic.(boyhood heroes. ) Difference being Vlad wanted to punt Hartley and keep webster to maximise profit later. Net result Webster gets dropped at the expense of the team to black mail him into signing a new contract. Hartley leaves with Vlad and the fans blessing.The rest is history no winners imo.

When pressley and webster played together we had the best defensive record in the league . Yes webster wanted to join rangers (boyhood heroes) but hartley wanted to join celtic.(boyhood heroes. ) Difference being Vlad wanted to punt Hartley and keep webster to maximise profit later. Net result Webster gets dropped at the expense of the team to black mail him into signing a new contract. Hartley leaves with Vlad and the fans blessing.The rest is history no winners imo.

Throw in Gordon as well and its no wonder the defence is worse nowadays! We had a better defence than either the old ****, but it was all about timing and astute buys over a few years. Gordon was a 1 in a million youth product for a team like Hearts. Webster was a cracking piece of business for 80k and Pressley was the right age to bring them through into the team and lead.

We wont see a defence like that again for a long long time.

Drylaw Hearts
Those were great days, getting rid of vhermin like that.

It certainly improved our team.

Oh wait.....

Drylaw Hearts
I remember that some posters thought that Zaliukas was a better player than either Webster or Pressley ...:mw_rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:D

Not too bothered about not signing anyone in defence, or anyone in midfield for that matter.

I'm just **** off that we release Makela (ok he was mince), loan out Mole.

We only have Nade (who doesn't score goals) Glen and Elliot in attack.

Let's just god pray Tullberg gets fit ASAP and ends up as the new robbo ;)

TEMPS SCORED 2 TODAY

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I remember that some posters thought that Zaliukas was a better player than either Webster or Pressley ...:mw_rolleyes:

Some folk still do, believe it or not.

I've seen comments saying he will be a Premiership defender in few years, that he's better than Elvis and Davie Weir.

I remember seeing comments saying that Goncalves had the potential to play for Real Madrid.

I had about a 20 page debate with a few posters who claimed than Kingston was world class.

My point is a lot of people on Kickback are tubes. FACT.

It has, we dont have any gutter snipes in the dressing room.

you say we have no 'gutter snipes', i say we have no 'leaders'

Dr Ian Malcolm
Kind of touching on the point raised by thunderstruck, Webster was offered a deal by Hearts reportedly greater than probably anything he's earned since then

To go on to your main point, I don't see a great deal of difference as players between the two with one big difference, Berra has pace and that is what wil take him further than Webster could ever dream of

Totally, although I was more referring to Webster refusing to sign the deal that wound Vlad up in the first place.

Guest S.U.S.S.
you say we have no 'gutter snipes', i say we have no 'leaders'

So what did the leader do at Riccarton?

Tell us anything we did not already know? stand proud when Vlad said sign the confidentiality agreement or do **** all like it take the cash and shut his treacherous face?

Hint: Answer B

So what did the leader do at Riccarton?

Tell us anything we did not already know? stand proud when Vlad said sign the confidentiality agreement or do **** all like it take the cash and shut his treacherous face?

Hint: Answer B

Since Craig Gordon and Paul Hartley sat shoulder to shoulder to Pressley at the R3 press conference, i take it you think they are 'gutter snipes' too.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Since Craig Gordon and Paul Hartley sat shoulder to shoulder to Pressley at the R3 press conference, i take it you think they are 'gutter snipes' too.

Remind me the statement they made that day?

They just sat there, looking far from convinced and very uncomfortable.

Remind me the statement they made that day?

They just sat there, looking far from convinced and very uncomfortable.

I cant wait to absolutely abuse that verminous rhat on Saturday. That, as well as a Hearts win of course & the knowlegde that *********s last remaining hope of a major trophy has now gone, will ensure I have a wonderful night in the Westfield!

pretty sure i heard at the time that webster was offered 18k a week (same offer gordon was offered i'm sure) and he turned it down. if he'd taken that offer and stayed on for one more season he'd have been sold for well over 3 million to a mid table premiership side IMO.

always thought though that berra was going to go onto better things than webster

Guest S.U.S.S.
I cant wait to absolutely abuse that verminous rhat on Saturday. That, as well as a Hearts win of course & the knowlegde that *********s last remaining hope of a major trophy has now gone, will ensure I have a wonderful night in the Westfield!

I think it would be nice if our new captain cut him in half, then stood over him banging his chest.

Go Robbie Go!!!

How I wish we kept some of the quotes from those days. :laugh:

Archived