Scotland's biggest spenders?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

With apologies to I'M IBRAHIM TALL, who mentioned this on another thread... if we bought Balogh for ?181k, doesn't that make us the biggest spenders in Scotland this window? Or certainly the buyers of the most expensive player? Wasn't Flood ?100k?

Ignoring the fact that the ginger half of the OF were prepared to cough up seven figures for Fletcher... :tongue:

Toxteth O'Grady
With apologies to I'M IBRAHIM TALL, who mentioned this on another thread... if we bought Balogh for ?181k, doesn't that make us the biggest spenders in Scotland this window? Or certainly the buyers of the most expensive player? Wasn't Flood ?100k?

Ignoring the fact that the ginger half of the OF were prepared to cough up seven figures for Fletcher... :tongue:

Yes we have spent more than - ?2million:rolleyes:

tartofmidlothian
Yes we have spent more than - ?2million:rolleyes:

I'm probably having a complete blank here. Who spent ?2million?

Don't usually criticise other posters but this is the sort of tenuous boast I would expect to see on whoputtheballinthehibees.net (if I ever went on it).

I'm probably having a complete blank here. Who spent ?2million?

You never know how much releasing makela, basso etc might have cost

Who on? Seriously, other than Flood, who did they pay for.

Niall McGinn was an undisclosed - rumoured to be around 200k, also signed Misun again undisclosed but these 3 together will have definitly taken them over us, they also signed a couple of Bundesliga teenagers.

Jam Tarts 1874

Celtic bought in:

Niall McGinn, midfielder (Derry City, ?200,000); Milan Misun (no fee made public), defender (** Pribram); Willo Flood (no fee made public), midfielder (Cardiff City)

tartofmidlothian
Don't usually criticise other posters but this is the sort of tenuous boast I would expect to see on whoputtheballinthehibees.net (if I ever went on it).

Err sorry, chief. Didnae mean to go boasting, was just trying to figure out a bit of trivia eh? Not for one second saying that we could outspend the Celtics of this world, who are clearly still a bit rich if they could go flushing a couple of mill on Fletcher.

Just thought (and still do, although I'm probably missing some wunderkid that WGS paid through the nose for) that it might put things in perspective for everyone busting a gut over our abysmal transfer window.

Malinga the Swinga

At the moment, it looks like only 11, or 12 if you could include Arshavin, palyers have joined clubs in the EPL today, and most have money to burn. Players are not that easy to come buy, if you wantvalue for money. I am sure we all agree that value for money is what we want.

tartofmidlothian
Niall McGinn was an undisclosed - rumoured to be around 200k, also signed Misun again undisclosed but these 3 together will have definitly taken them over us, they also signed a couple of Bundesliga teenagers.

Aye, that's who I was missing :mw_rolleyes: Cheers!

Err sorry, chief. Didnae mean to go boasting, was just trying to figure out a bit of trivia eh? Not for one second saying that we could outspend the Celtics of this world, who are clearly still a bit rich if they could go flushing a couple of mill on Fletcher.

Just thought (and still do, although I'm probably missing some wunderkid that WGS paid through the nose for) that it might put things in perspective for everyone busting a gut over our abysmal transfer window.

Sorry mate, on re-reading my original post it does look a bit harsher than I intended!

Archived