Money wasted at Hearts

BlackhallJambo

BlackhallJambo

After the huge disaapointment of the transfer window it got me thinking how much has Romanov wasted on signing fees and wages for:-

Beslija

Pinilla plus clinics fees!

Makela

Kingston

Nade

Any other players names to add?

How much in pointless fines to the SFA and settling employment disputes over Burley, Anderton and Rix plus legal fees?

How much on the new stand in land purchase and professional fees

Is there someone out there able to work it out? Now wonder we have only spent 200,00 euros on Balogh in the window on tick at that

Konrad von Carstein

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm wondering how much we are now saving after all the departures in the past few days. Clearing out the deadwood for next season...I hope.

Looking at some of the names on your list, maybe it's just as well we never splashed out.

Buffalo Bill

After the huge disaapointment of the transfer window it got me thinking how much has Romanov wasted on signing fees and wages for:-

Beslija

Makela

Kingston

Nade

How much in pointless fines to the SFA and settling employment disputes over Burley, Anderton and Rix plus legal fees?

Is there someone out there able to work it out? Now wonder we have only spent 200,00 euros on Balogh in the window on tick at that

This has never actually a new topic and one which we need to go over.

PS, take Nade and Kingston off your list. Nade is doing well for us in a difficult team for a striker. Kingston is a quality player who we were quite right to sign. OK, he hasn't been doing it for a while, but i personally wouldnt blame Hearts for signing him

Stupid Sexy Flanders

PS, take Nade and Kingston off your list. Nade is doing well for us in a difficult team for a striker. Kingston is a quality player who we were quite right to sign. OK, he hasn't been doing it for a while, but i personally wouldnt blame Hearts for signing him

Agreed. Two first team regulars can hardly be called a waste.

BlackhallJambo

tMy point is that compared to our turnover we have wasted huge sums , millions of pounds, because of shocking business decisions and we as fans suffer as our team gets weakened despite what he says to the contrary.

Nade picks up ?10k a week( ?520k pa) and Kingston ?15k (?780k pa)if the figures are to be believed multiply that by the length of their contacts and the figures get seriously scary. Nade is no goal scorer and to pay this is a complete waste. Kingston is a petulant immature lazy individual who we should punt asap if anyone would take such a player with such baggage. WE could get equally if not more effective players for a third of that amount or less in Scotland.

I just hope that we follow the old JimJeffries strategy and buy the best of the rest from our competitors ( Severin Gomis etc always rated flood too)who are proven in the SPL and whom we could get for far less than the above named prima donnas and would be delighted to join us

I think we have to look at this season as a transition. Csaba has said that the aim was to get into the top 6 again, and we are obviously trimming the playing squad of the high earning, poor performers.

I am disappointed that we sold Berra as I think we will really miss his leadership (who is going to marshal the defense?). I had hoped we c ould sell Kingston or Michael Stewart instead, but oh well. I am also disappointed we havent bought anyone, particularly a replacement for Berra.

Just a week ago I was adamant we would win the cup this year! Had just got that feeling haha! Anyway Im less confident now...

I think we'll make top six, decent cup run, but at this is a changing year. In the summer we should HOPEFULLY get in some new players that Csaba has brought in, and we can push on and be the undisputed 3rd power1 :D

Beslija

Makela

Kingston

Nade

I can see the point that you're putting forward here BJ, and there won't be many people disagreeing with you, but the most important point now is that these costs are in the past (apart from any over-evaluated wages we are still paying). They are all sunk costs. We've now shown that we are starting to redress the situation, something that can't be done in a single transfer period but which will take some time.

I think we have to look at this season as a transition. Csaba has said that the aim was to get into the top 6 again, and we are obviously trimming the playing squad of the high earning, poor performers.

I am disappointed that we sold Berra as I think we will really miss his leadership (who is going to marshal the defense?). I had hoped we c ould sell Kingston or Michael Stewart instead, but oh well. I am also disappointed we havent bought anyone, particularly a replacement for Berra.

Just a week ago I was adamant we would win the cup this year! Had just got that feeling haha! Anyway Im less confident now...

I think we'll make top six, decent cup run, but at this is a changing year. In the summer we should HOPEFULLY get in some new players that Csaba has brought in, and we can push on and be the undisputed 3rd power1 :D

exactly what this year is for me. We'll be in a better position to judge the longterm objective of the club after the summer for me

BlackhallJambo

I know it is a transition but i an just so frustrated about the lack of activity when you consider the sums that have come in for Berra and Gordon which is on going and the fee of ? 3million for Goncalves hopefully on the horizon.

I could live without a replacement for Berra but was it too much to ask to secure even a promising young striker on loan. we all including Csaba see it as critical

Absolutely gutted

I just hope that we follow the old JimJeffries strategy and buy the best of the rest from our competitors ( Severin Gomis etc always rated flood too)who are proven in the SPL and whom we could get for far less than the above named prima donnas and would be delighted to join us

And do you balance any of that against the players he has made a profit on? Skacel, Bednar, Gordon, etc. All by taking a speculate to accumulate approach where previously we would either never have signed or in the case of Gordon sold earlier and cheaper rather than sign on a new large contract.

Equally Jeffries brought in the likes of Petric and McKenna on big fees who later left for free.

Fairly pointless exercise to try and do this kind of add up. Better is to look at the overall debt position. Anyone that can run an SPL club at breakeven and finish in the top 6 is doing well. Not convinced we've reached that point yet (and I think we all know mistakes have been made) but hoepfully we are heading in the right direction.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It is a scary figure and I would say it is probably somewhere between ?4-5M but I wouldn't include Nade and Kingston (even though both are ovepaid).

The Vlad tap has clearly been turned off, and I don't blame him for that. Eastern Europe is one of the hardest hit parts of the world in this credit crunch so UBIG's largesse to HMFC will naturally reduce. Of course, it is a shame that we haven't properly spent that ?4-5M but I suppose without Romanov and UBIG it would never have existed in the first place.

Geoff Kilpatrick
And do you balance any of that against the players he has made a profit on? Skacel, Bednar, Gordon, etc. All by taking a speculate to accumulate approach where previously we would either never have signed or in the case of Gordon sold earlier and cheaper rather than sign on a new large contract.

Equally Jeffries brought in the likes of Petric and McKenna on big fees who later left for free.

Fairly pointless exercise to try and do this kind of add up. Better is to look at the overall debt position. Anyone that can run an SPL club at breakeven and finish in the top 6 is doing well. Not convinced we've reached that point yet (and I think we all know mistakes have been made) but hoepfully we are heading in the right direction.

Craig Levein signed McKenna.

You could have used Tomaschek here though.

Hopefully Kingston will now realise he has to show some of his earlier form again if he is ever going to get the sort of move that he himself thinks he is entitled to.

I agree about excessive player costs in the past, but that's exactly what they are now, in the past. It would have been a lot worse tonight if we had lost Driver too.

My main hopes for the rest of the season now are A) that Gary Glen gets a decent run and hopefully scores a few too and that B) Driver can produce his best form consistently. If we can achieve these then top 6 should be a piece of cake and who knows, maybe the cup and/or a European spot too. Mon the Hearts. :108years:

Forgot to add - I don't think promising Scottish youngsters see us as a decent carrer move in the current climate. The only reason we got Ian black is because he is a Jambo. A good league finish will hopefully redress that a bit in the summer but until things are fully on an even keel with Vlad then we are fighting a losing battle in trying to attract such youngsters.

BlackhallJambo

Saint Jambo

I can understand your point but looking at the figures very roughly our debt has risen significantly despite the credits that you rightly refer to.I agree with a number of the posters who recognise that we are at long last cutting our cloth accordingly but i just wish the management and I mean the board ,rather than Csaba, would address the urgent need for a striker rather than allow the papers to be filled with targets by Csaba when there was no desire or interest to secure anyone at board level in my humble opinion

Walter Bishop
tMy point is that compared to our turnover we have wasted huge sums , millions of pounds, because of shocking business decisions and we as fans suffer as our team gets weakened despite what he says to the contrary.

Nade picks up ?10k a week( ?520k pa) and Kingston ?15k (?780k pa)if the figures are to be believed multiply that by the length of their contacts and the figures get seriously scary. Nade is no goal scorer and to pay this is a complete waste. Kingston is a petulant immature lazy individual who we should punt asap if anyone would take such a player with such baggage. WE could get equally if not more effective players for a third of that amount or less in Scotland.

Utter bull sheeeet!!!!

BlackhallJambo
Utter bull sheeeet!!!!

As you will see from my post I wrote " if the figures are to be believed "but from my past reading of KB and the press they are regularly trotted out. However even halved they are still scary and our debt is being increased from some source but most notably wages that were running in excess of 100% of turnover at some points.

Most importanly I want our ambitions to be realised amd a good young striker ,signing or loan, would have helped in the push for a euro slot. An opportunity missed in my opinion

Johanes de Silentio

Ridiculous amount of money wasted, IMO - we're paying for it now - we can only hope that Vlad has learned.

If we used the playing budget wisely to support a 20 man squad with the emphasis on quality rather than quanitity, I'd be a very happy bunny.

If we have now curbed our spending and stopped splashing out on luxury waster signings, can we get to praising the club for the change as opposed to slating them for previous mistakes.

Not looking to slag the original poster but more a thought as to when we do praise the club for the change rather than slate them for their previous gashness.

Archived