Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

Fairly horrific really, Can't say there is one position I can say we are extensively covered with quality.

Could be a ropey few months ahead, and reckon we have a fight on our hands to retain 3rd/european football challenge

Also looking very light for next season with only Mole and Goncalves to be added to those not highlighted.

Squad is about the right size now, just seriously lacking quality and depth.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

Fairly horrific really, Can't say there is one position I can say we are extensively covered with quality.

Could be a ropey few months ahead, and reckon we have a fight on our hands to retain 3rd/european football challenge

Also looking very light for next season with only Mole and Goncalves to be added to those not highlighted.

don't get the significance of those bolded... or is it just me being thick as usual

How can you deem the squad the right size then say it's seriously lacking depth? :D

Quite easily as we have too many central midfielders, and not enough versatility.

Whilst 24 is a good size, there is no LB cover, the wing situation isnt great as is the striking situation. Never going to be short of a central midfielder mind.:laugh:

i have to agree with the other posters, that prancer is the most depressing person on the planet, and he's asking for other people to be binned from the board,,, thats rich

Quite easily as we have too many central midfielders, and not enough versatility.

Whilst 24 is a good size, there is no LB cover, the wing situation isnt great as is the striking situation. Never going to be short of a central midfielder mind.:laugh:

Wallace, Thomson and Obua can all play left back. And then the wing and striker situation is down to quality and not depth. We have 5 strikers listed there for 1 position.

Suspect Device
don't get the significance of those bolded... or is it just me being thick as usual

well that makes 2 of us

c'mon rawrrrrrr, whats with the bold felliesl

Nicholas Brody
well that makes 2 of us

c'mon rawrrrrrr, whats with the bold felliesl

Out of contract at the end of the season maybe?

Agree with the squad size. The only consequence of not signing a striker is that i feel we'll be forced at somepoint to throw Glen or Templeton in at the deep end, which may not be a bad thing. Whether or not they'll deliver is a different matter.

I'm quietly confident we can still challenge for Europe with that squad though. Berra is not irreplaceable but his leadership will be missed in the next couple of games.

Out of contract at the end of the season maybe?

Correct,

As for responses to the thread, my concern lies in that we have a lack of depth and cover, most players pick themselves

Balogh

Wallace

Neilson

Zali

A N Other

Kingston

Driver

Karipidis

Ruben

Bruno

Nade

The main problem for me is if we get injuries we don't have natural cover and we need to play players out of position. whilst I don't have any issue with Thomson or Eggy playing LB for a short time, what if Wallace pulls up injured tomorrow?

who plays alongside Zali? The completely untried McGowan or do you pull Karipidis back and replace him in midfield, baring he has been one of our standouts in midfield this season. Or you could go for the relatively untried Eggy, now I dont think McGowan or Eggy would let us down, its just a very big risk from Csaba.

What happens if Nade gets injured? Yes glen is a great player but would you be comfortable if he was playing week in week out in the current tactics.

It will be interesting to see how we line up especially in defence at the weekend, however. I am also completely shocked that once again we havent tied up a striker, not even a 6 month loan.

I think Utd's signing will likely lead to them securing third place now which leaves us and the sheep to fight it out for 4th. They havent really made any signings so we just need to hope Eggy or McGowan step up and fill the role quickly without too much adaptation needed.

Charlie-Brown

Either McGowan, Templeton, Glen, Brown, Husband etc get more chances in the squad as you advocated Prancer or the manager continues to use exactly the same players he's been using anyway with the sole exception of Berra.....when did Mole, Ksanavicius, Makela & Basso last feature?

Either McGowan, Templeton, Glen, Brown, Husband etc get more chances in the squad as you advocated Prancer or the manager continues to use exactly the same players he's been using anyway with the sole exception of Berra.....when did Mole, Ksanavicius, Makela & Basso last feature?

Mole is away to a div 1 team is he not? dunfy?

and I thought Basso had already been punted.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

Oh my - Just as i was feeling good about getting rid of alot of deadwood, i come on to read this. I fairly expect alot of gorgie chemists to have an anti-depresent shortage tomorrow!

If we are going to get 3rd or 4th il put it purely down to good man management.

Time for the youths to step up.

Summer rebuild very much needed.

FTH

Correct,

As for responses to the thread, my concern lies in that we have a lack of depth and cover, most players pick themselves

Balogh

Wallace

Neilson

Zali

A N Other

Kingston

Driver

Karipidis

Ruben

Bruno

Nade

The main problem for me is if we get injuries we don't have natural cover and we need to play players out of position. whilst I don't have any issue with Thomson or Eggy playing LB for a short time, what if Wallace pulls up injured tomorrow?

who plays alongside Zali? The completely untried McGowan or do you pull Karipidis back and replace him in midfield, baring he has been one of our standouts in midfield this season. Or you could go for the relatively untried Eggy, now I dont think McGowan or Eggy would let us down, its just a very big risk from Csaba.

What happens if Nade gets injured? Yes glen is a great player but would you be comfortable if he was playing week in week out in the current tactics.

It will be interesting to see how we line up especially in defence at the weekend, however. I am also completely shocked that once again we havent tied up a striker, not even a 6 month loan.

I think Utd's signing will likely lead to them securing third place now which leaves us and the sheep to fight it out for 4th. They havent really made any signings so we just need to hope Eggy or McGowan step up and fill the role quickly without too much adaptation needed.

tactics and formations have to be made on the personel we have, I agree that Kari has done well in midfield but Zali's concentration is poor at times, we had to play Kari in central defence as this is his natural position. Eggy could then do a job in the midfield if we stick to his 4-4-1-1 4-5-1 fromation.

I'd prefer us to try 4-4-2 as I'd like to see Gary Glen play off Nade, with the midfield much as above, perhaps adding stewart and leaving out Kingston.

As injuries and suspensions come along mcgowan and templeton will get a run out, honestly I'd prefer these youngs lads playing in their positions than play others out of position.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

Retain 3rd!?!?!

As i said a couple of months ago we had to be organised for the possible loss of Berra , Driver etc.. and it turns out we weren`t.

Yes, times are hard for the money men but when you know you are going to pick up a couple of mill at least surely we can afford even a short term replacement at worst?

You live for now, not just the future. We have put ourselves in a good position to get a euro spot and are still in the cup.

I`m not a doom merchant, far from it, but i find it a disgrace we haven`t signed the required players(a total of 2 is all we were asking) and it seems Csaba just pays lip service too.

Reading between the lines today you could smell we weren`t going to get anyone. All i keep hearing is it`s "all about next season", well, there are no guarantees and you must capitlaise on good situations when they occur.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

Terrific is spelt with a 'te' not an 'ho'. We have done not bad with the same group of players up to now. I don't see how the departure of Makela, Ksanavicious and Basso particularly weakens the squad, and the rest were nowhere near the firstteam anyway. Thank feck Mole's on loan until the end of the season, he's utter gash. So in real terms we are only missing one player who we will actually miss.

Hobo.

Only one real first teamer out - an important one at that I'll give you, but no fire sale as predicted by quite a few on here and the Weegie media.

I've no doubt that the side will receive a major restructuring in the summer.

With the players we have left I'm sure that we can get third or fourth at worst.

Nucky Thompson

I think the exact opposite to the OP. That squad looks good enough for 3rd if we stay healthy and a couple of the younger lads make the step up. Now that the window is shut and there won't be any speculation regarding Kingston, I think it's time for the guy to step up to the plate and show us what he's made off. I'm hoping we finally get to see Tullberg in the New Year too.

I think the exact opposite to the OP. That squad looks good enough for 3rd if we stay healthy and a couple of the younger lads make the step up. Now that the window is shut and there won't be any speculation regarding Kingston, I think it's time for the guy to step up to the plate and show us what he's made off. I'm hoping we finally get to see Tullberg in the New Year too.

well, hopefully things will settle down more that the circus is over for another January and the players now know where they stand.

One thing for me is though, get a proper proven CH beside Zaliukas...... and that`s Karipidis.

Karipidis has done a fine job in midfield but i`d rather see him in defence than Jonsson. Jonsson started off in midfield and in many ways i still think it`s his best position because he`s got a bit dig and can pass. He`s got a great knack of getting close to his opponent.

I`m all for players being able to adapt but surely every player has a natural position? I just think we`re at the stage where experimenting has to stop and get down to business.

I agree, we've got the players we've got and they've done no bad so far, its a shame we did n't get a forward, we didn't so lets get on with it.

Is Tullerg still with us ? if so be good to see him fit, I but thought he got sent back to italy and in turn they sent him home to Denmark

Nucky Thompson

Is Tullerg still with us ? if so be good to see him fit, I but thought he got sent back to italy and in turn they sent him home to Denmark

He's still with us. That's one of the reasons I think we didn't get another striker, because we couldn't get Tullbergs loan canceled.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

You have forgotton Ian Black will be Added, I also expect JM, MK, RN, MZ, and BA, to sign extensions, possible CK, DC and SM too.

I agree with this.

It's a big opportunity for some of the younger guys to establish themselves in and around the first team, supported by the likes of Kingston and Driver who are both capable of upping their game and earning a big move in the summer (Coventry - pppffffttt, was never going to happen), and Bruno who will be keen to prove he can maintain his form and earn a new deal with or away from Hearts.

I don't think a new centre half was essential. I am disappointed we didn't sign a striker. We're going to need afforementioned Driver, Bruno and Kingston to produce the goods and the goals for us. Nade won't (not his game) and I think Glen and Elliot need to be sheilded from the expectations.

I would agree that if the likes of McGowan, Templeton, Brown and Husband step up then it should be enough, my concern is they will still not get a chance and as much as I rate eggy I would prefer we played a few young guys in position than continually adapt the likes of eggy to fill gaps.

And whilst we are not that much weaker if Csaba does things right, I think that Utd have a better squad and depth and will pip us to third, fourth should be no hassle though.

In all honesty I just think its ridicolous that we didnt sign a new striker and someone to replace berra.

You have forgotton Ian Black will be Added, I also expect JM, MK, RN, MZ, and BA, to sign extensions, possible CK, DC and SM too.

Wish people wouldn't do that. Can't always work out who they're referring to!

He's still with us. That's one of the reasons I think we didn't get another striker, because we couldn't get Tullbergs loan canceled.

cheers, hopefully tullberg is nae far playing again

Charlie-Brown
I would agree that if the likes of McGowan, Templeton, Brown and Husband step up then it should be enough, my concern is they will still not get a chance and as much as I rate eggy I would prefer we played a few young guys in position than continually adapt the likes of eggy to fill gaps.

And whilst we are not that much weaker if Csaba does things right, I think that Utd have a better squad and depth and will pip us to third, fourth should be no hassle though.

In all honesty I just think its ridicolous that we didnt sign a new striker and someone to replace berra.

I think in hindsight that we didn't even have the money to sign an out of contract Alan Maybury as squad cover was a telling indicator for the transfer window.

hopefully tullberg gets fit soon and can deliver goals, only saw him at tanadice when we lost 3 nil but i thought him and nade looked good together??

I fear the loss of Berra will cost us more than not signing a forward. We have lost the best defender with no replacement on the books. Eggert is not an SPL central defender and Berra created a lot with winning back post headers from our dead ball situations. Think this may cost us on Saturday as well as European place in the league. We could easily have coped without Larry but unfortunately no offers it would appear. I doubt any of our central defenders left would challenge for a place in a top 6 SPL team.

Balogh

Macdonald

Kello

Neilson

Wallace

Karipidis

Thomson

Eggert

Zaliuckas

McGowan

Ruben

Miko

Bruno

Kingston

Driver

Mrwoiec

Obua

Chesney

Stewart

Tullberg

Nade

Elliot

Glen

Templeton

yawn1.jpg

Why do you bother supporting Hearts? you clearly don't like it.

Wish people wouldn't do that. Can't always work out who they're referring to!

Sorry, i have man flu and couldn't be arsed.

Its Jamie Mac, Kello, Robbie, Zal, and Bruno to sign, and maybe Karapidis, Chesney and Miko.

Archived